Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

8 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Apparently Man City Hierarchy confidently believe this will either be completely overturned or suspended. I don't think 5th position is anything we can rely on..

Obviously until the 13th or 14th we can’t rely on it 

as for Man City hierarchy they are cheats they run a regime that has no place in the modern world and they believe bribery is the solution to all problems they are about to be shown that sometimes petrodollars dont solve all your issues 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You really think CAS would be swayed by that?

Love a conspiracy theory some people.

I know it’s not UEFA holding the appeal,  but those thinking UEFA are heading it and think UEFA have some wild desire to Man City reinstated when they’ve gone out of their way to get them banned in the first place and rejected every appeal attempt outright without any further investigation are 😂

48 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

They were vastly better for 25 minutes of the first half, after 15 minutes of not being able to get it out of their own half.

Us being on top 'once down to 10' amounted to almost 25 minutes of play. It's hard to be sure what you're saying with 'was a little more even' for the first part of the second half, but I read it as 'but Arsenal were still better'. IMO we looked more threatening before the red card.

Possession was 60-40 to us. Shot/shots on target almost identical.

It's really not a poor call to question whether they deserved a win at our expense.

Straw man that as I didn’t say it was, I’m just saying I can see why they think they should of won as they should of put the game to bed with the chances they created in the first half and it is not a laughable opinion

We did have them penned in their own half for the first 10 minutes agreed but created much less than they did. They had by far the better first half and could of been 3-0 up and really should of been 2-0 up and with that score line at home it’s a long way back.  Sending off is unfortunate for Nketiah but red card is surely the only decision you can make.

I mean in my opinion you can’t say you should of won a game if you don’t take your chances as you’ve only got yourself to blame, and moaning about the ref is ridiculous as the officials had a great game,  but Mustafi clearly see’s it differently 

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Straw man that as I didn’t say it was, I’m just saying I can see why they think they should of won as they should of put the game to bed with the chances they created in the first half and it is not a laughable opinion

We did have them penned in their own half for the first 10 minutes agreed but created much less than they did. They had by far the better first half and could of been 3-0 up and really should of been 2-0 up and with that score line at home it’s a long way back.  Sending off is unfortunate for Nketiah but red card is surely the only decision you can make.

I mean in my opinion you can’t say you should of won a game if you don’t take your chances as you’ve only got yourself to blame, and moaning about the ref is ridiculous as the officials had a great game,  but Mustafi clearly see’s it differently 

Is this you 'voicing' Mustafi's opinion, or your own take, because it's a very one-eyed view of what happened?

In my opinion you can't say you should have won a game if you only dominate 25 minutes of it, don't take your chances, end up playing for an equivalent amount of time with 10 men, and for the rest of the game are arguably second best.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Is this you 'voicing' Mustafi's opinion, or your own take, because it's a very one-eyed view of what happened?

In my opinion you can't say you should have won a game if you only dominate 25 minutes of a game, don't take your chances, end up playing for an equivalent amount of time with 10 men, and for the rest of the game are arguably second best.

I am saying I can see why he thinks they should of won and could construct a decent argument to that end. But then unlike you I only think they were territorially 2nd best for the first 10 minutes and when they were down to 10, the rest of the time it being a pretty even game or them shading it outside of a 25 minutes when they should of scored more goals and left us with too much to do. 

But yes as I’ve stated like my own opinion is  you can  say you’ve played  some good stuff but if you don’t take your chances that’s on you and something like that red card can come along and leave you vulnerable to not getting a result.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

32 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

A flash chance and a correctly ruled out goal doesn’t mean we were on top for the other 25 minutes though does it. They were much the better side first half, completely dominating nearly half of it.

We could very conceivably gone in three down at half time, and didn’t really dominate the game at any point while it was 11 vs 11. 

That's not true, we were definitely the better team for 15-20mins once both teams settled and before they score against the run of play. They dominated the rest of the half but was probably because the goal (and how it was scored) settled them and gave them confidence. The whole "we could very conceivably gone three down" is an argument that could be flipped because we could have gone in 2 up if we'd scored and then defended. Neither happened.

Genuinely thought we played well, passed it around and closed them down well. I don't know what I think about Gray. He assisted in the goal so I can't moan too much. He's a confident player, doesn't hide and seems to want to do something positive with the ball when he gets it. Unfortunately that something sometimes winds me up. The classic moment in the game is when he's pinged the ball and TWO players immediately make great runs through the defense, splitting them and he had the chance in a single touch to get one of our players in around the back. And he doesn't. And that's not a one off, he constantly did it. It's like he can't pass right. I hope it's something they can work on, we have pretty quick players and should be working that goal line more than we do imo.  

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I am saying I can see why he thinks they should of won and could construct a decent argument to that end. But then unlike you I only think they were territorially 2nd best for the first 10 minutes and when they were down to 10, the rest of the time it being a pretty even game or them shading it outside of a 25 minutes when they should of scored more goals and left us with too much to do. 

But yes as I’ve stated like my own opinion is  you can  say you’ve played  some good stuff but if you don’t take your chances that’s on you and something like that red card can come along and leave you vulnerable to not getting a result.

I think they should have won!

But he didn't say they should have won, he said they 'deserved to win'. And if you take the corollary of that, that we didn't deserve a point, then I do think it's a pretty laughable comment

Just now, turtmcfly said:

But he didn't say they should have won, he said they 'deserved to win'. And if you take the corollary of that, that we didn't deserve a point, then I do think it's a pretty laughable comment

I guess it depends how you take it then.

Once Nketiah walked its impossible to argue the equaliser wasn’t deserved.

14 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

That's not true, we were definitely the better team for 15-20mins once both teams settled and before they score against the run of play. They dominated the rest of the half but was probably because the goal (and how it was scored) settled them and gave them confidence. The whole "we could very conceivably gone three down" is an argument that could be flipped because we could have gone in 2 up if we'd scored and then defended. Neither happened.

Genuinely thought we played well, passed it around and closed them down well. I don't know what I think about Gray. He assisted in the goal so I can't moan too much. He's a confident player, doesn't hide and seems to want to do something positive with the ball when he gets it. Unfortunately that something sometimes winds me up. The classic moment in the game is when he's pinged the ball and TWO players immediately make great runs through the defense, splitting them and he had the chance in a single touch to get one of our players in around the back. And he doesn't. And that's not a one off, he constantly did it. It's like he can't pass right. I hope it's something they can work on, we have pretty quick players and should be working that goal line more than we do imo.  

Think you greatly exaggerated our period of dominance there and we only really created one chance that’s the difference. If you watch the PL highlights video more than half of it is arsenal 2nd half goals or chances that’s why it’s easy to state they should of gone in with a bigger lead. The header in particular was an absolute let off.

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

At risk of sounding a bit Spursey, the possession stats were 37%-63%. Shots were 11-13 (on target 7-5).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I guess it depends how you take it then.

Once Nketiah walked its impossible to argue the equaliser wasn’t deserved.

Struggling to see how it depends on anything given the (entirely correct!) lack of ambiguity of your second comment.

Ultimately, 'we should have won' would be a stoic recognition of a missed opportunity, with no hard feelings etc. It's a line I would have plenty of sympathy for.

'We deserved to win' (which is what he actually tweeted) sounds like the mewlings of an entitled, whiny tw*t blaming someone else for his teams' failings.

34 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Struggling to see how it depends on anything given the (entirely correct!) lack of ambiguity of your second comment.

Ultimately, 'we should have won' would be a stoic recognition of a missed opportunity, with no hard feelings etc. It's a line I would have plenty of sympathy for.

'We deserved to win' (which is what he actually tweeted) sounds like the mewlings of an entitled, whiny tw*t blaming someone else for his teams' failings.

He probably views the red card as unfortunate on top of all this, Which it was tbf. In fact I’m probably being kind to him he probably thought it was incorrect like the rest of the squad and that frankly is ridiculous 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

At risk of sounding a bit Spursey, the possession stats were 37%-63%. Shots were 11-13 (on target 7-5).

At the risk of sounding a bit Turty, I already mentioned this.

I hope by now you've read my monologue on the 'should have/deserved to' dichotomy (organ grinding courtesy of @Manwell Pablo) to its entirely unthrilling conclusion.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Back three, two Dms and two wingbacks, where are the goals going to come from?

agree - but where we are playing a club that is likely to attack we don't want to leave the door open for them. WE could have been 3 down at HT v arsenal

Really like the look at that young lad at fb for Brighton,  Lamptey. Hope we are watching him as he looks class. Could be one for the future, like when  Brighton go down next season.

Edit wrong thread.

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think you greatly exaggerated our period of dominance there and we only really created one chance that’s the difference. If you watch the PL highlights video more than half of it is arsenal 2nd half goals or chances that’s why it’s easy to state they should of gone in with a bigger lead. The header in particular was an absolute let off.

IMG_20200708_163422.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Arsenal fans are absolutely mental I’ve seen some saw Vardy should’ve been sent off yet their red shouldn’t have been. 

Ridiculous almost laughing at some of their Even Jamie Crudknapp reckoned Vardy should have seen Red and The red was an unfortunate coming together, F-OFF unfortunate coming together that could have been a leg breaker if JJ’s leg was more firmly planted.