Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Arsenal fans embarrassing themselves again, I get complaining about the Nketiah red but the talk about Vardy getting a red is ridiculous and only being talked about because of the media. I assume the FA can't get involved now assuming VAR looked at it? Any excuse for them to get involved and **** us over. Absolutely no reason for Vardy to intentionally do that.

You can tell it wasn't a red card due to nothing being made of it at the time, only complaining now because they feel hard done by with their own red card.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Arsenal fans embarrassing themselves again, I get complaining about the Nketiah red but the talk about Vardy getting a red is ridiculous and only being talked about because of the media. I assume the FA can't get involved now assuming VAR looked at it? Any excuse for them to get involved and **** us over. Absolutely no reason for Vardy to intentionally do that.

You can tell it wasn't a red card due to nothing being made of it at the time, only complaining now because they feel hard done by with their own red card.

And that is classic Arsenal. They just have an incredible victim mentality.

• Like 1

Yeh the Arsenal meltdown is making this one of the most enjoyable points we've picked up this season. They really are a whiny bunch. Nobody was mentioning a Vardy red (because it wasn't a red) before the Nketiah red.

• Like 1

Just see our Goal again on LCFC -  quite a few passes before Vards nets.  Very well-worked goal.  That would have been talk of the night on Sky if Arsehole had scored that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Concerned the Man C ban will be overturned. They are bankrolled by a entire country and I am genuinely concerned that if it came down to either us or Man C in the champions league  we all know who the footballing authorities will prefer.

CAS are notoriously fair though, I think if there was any suspect decision making it would have been from UEFA in the first place.

• Like 1

It was such an entertaining game and the point was the least we deserved.

We just didn't control the midfield, Ndidi and Tielemans second best on many occasions.

Defence was proper wonky in the first half.

Schmeichel, excellent again throughout, he's been our best player since the re-start, we need him to continue that form. 

Overall though, it was just frustrating to see how many final touches didn't come off. The intention was great, but if just a few of those final touches the midfield/attack took had worked, we'd have won comfortably, obvious I know. 

At VAR training, that Iheanacho goal should be used as an example of how to improve the usage of VAR. It was a clear and obvious error and thus was a goal.

Is there any representation from club supporters groups presented to the Premier League on the future of VAR?, I know there are surveys, but I mean actual sensible representation and opinion heard from the fans and directed to the executive level regarding VAR?

I reckon an LCFC delegation would have enough critical evidence to change how VAR should improve and I hope our VAR experiences from this season are heard.

At least I got to read Ryan Bennett christened/launched as HMS Bennett, whoever wrote that, genius.  

I'd say he's more of Frigate than an Air Craft Carrier, but still, what an apt nickname. 

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

But why blow when he could let the move flow and review via afterwards VAR if necessary? And it was the 4th official, 30 yards away, who flagged it, not the ref who was closer.

*edit: I meant to add that VAR when applied correctly is very useful and can  clarify with factual evidence. Yet the problem is the subjectivity as to when it is applied, or play allowed to continue or not. The suspicion being the big clubs are looked on more favourably.

If play had continued to iheanachos goal with the "foul" not given, I suspect VAR would not have reversed it to disallow the goal.

I agree that’s what the issue is, the ref should have let it run and then we could of gone back on it with VAR that’s what it’s there for ain’t it?  

Here's the Nacho disallowed goal: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hn2od2/arsenal_10_leicester_city_iheanacho_35_disallowed/

First glance it looks as though Kelechi has just run into Kolasinac whilst looking at Vardy but a second look suggests Kolasinac has tried to block him with a subtle movement in his direction, then fallen over like a big girl & raised his hands in protest from the floor. Lino does not flag until the ball comes across suggesting this went up for offside, not the 'foul'. Can't hear the ref's whistle in this clip but from memory this went immediately the flag was raised before the goal. So why was the goal disallowed? Offside? The collision? I can't remember where play restarted from but either way we were robbed here.

• Like 1

Good point away from home at a place we generally don’t do well especially after the Arse were all over us in the first half.it was good to see a referee go and have a look at the pitch side monitor as refs have been encouraged to do but none have until now, Arteta is just moaning because it was done to his team but hopefully more referees will follow suit.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Has James Justin changed his name? Ashley Cole on 2 separate appearances has constantly called him Justin James and now the BBC has started it 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53329886?__twitter_impression=true

Fully sums up the quality of some pundits in this country. They'll all have the full team sheets in front of them, its not hard to get a bloody name right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Because of our start to season if we fail to reach the CL it will quite rightly be seen as a wasted season and I do understand those people who often see the negatives.  But on the whole we’re still having a great season and that was a good point. Unfortunately teams like arsenal, Chelsea and Utd just have far more resources than us and sometimes I think we forget that things are very, very good for us right now. That’s not to say I’ll not be disappointed if we drop lower than 4th, I will and I think it would be a terrible drop off but bigger picture wise we’re still heading in the right direction and mixing it with teams far far bigger than ourselves.

Also, Vardy is just the fvcking GOAT. I didn’t think I so hope he gets the golden boot, totally deserves it. X 

..my take on this is that we will not be in this elevated period forever!!!

Along with the league win, we have had a great chance for Europa league twice but failed to take the opportunity,losing out to Burnley and then to Wolves. This golden period demands we take every opportunity presented to us and yet we fail to seize what was clearly there for the taking. Our cup exploits gave us the chance to go to Wembley yet we failed to turn up (especially in the Carabo Cup) and moments like that, should not be taken for granted.

Like most people I can see we are in perhaps the best period in our history and like most things we are part of a cycle. Financially sound, good team with an amazing infrastructure put in place by owners we could only dream of.

We just need to take advantage and garner every trophy or title we can in this instance, as we may never get this time again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

Here's the Nacho disallowed goal: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hn2od2/arsenal_10_leicester_city_iheanacho_35_disallowed/

First glance it looks as though Kelechi has just run into Kolasinac whilst looking at Vardy but a second look suggests Kolasinac has tried to block him with a subtle movement in his direction, then fallen over like a big girl & raised his hands in protest from the floor. Lino does not flag until the ball comes across suggesting this went up for offside, not the 'foul'. Can't hear the ref's whistle in this clip but from memory this went immediately the flag was raised before the goal. So why was the goal disallowed? Offside? The collision? I can't remember where play restarted from but either way we were robbed here.

Flag was waved not raised, so Massey definitely called the foul. 

Just seen all the fuss about the Vardy incident, if you can call it that. He's falling and so is Mustafi. How is he meant to know where Mustafi's head is lol

Had some Arsenal saying it would have been harsh if he was sent off but also harsh with Nketiah's red too lol