Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen all the fuss about the Vardy incident, if you can call it that. He's falling and so is Mustafi. How is he meant to know where Mustafi's head is lol

Had some Arsenal saying it would have been harsh if he was sent off but also harsh with Nketiah's red too lol

False equivalence, bane of my life.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Christ that is never a foul. Kolasinac runs across Iheanacho and stops right in front of him to block him off. He makes contact and just hits the floor immediately.

Soft as hell.

The issue that annoys me is how this wasn't looked at during HT (or apparently at all in the programme) and how the official didn't wait that second longer to have another look at the play. 

Gooney Fans on Twitter making me laugh how they’re calling for a Vardy Red and saying Their Red was no Red at all JJ made a meal out of the contact how they were robbed by VAR how our equaliser was offside etc etc etc , Salty bunch of Cockwombles !

Edited by justfoxes

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Dear Brendan,

Please tell your players that it's FM2020, not real life. Give your players jet packs and bonus PEDs and win easily. tell them they have no right to be human and physically spent.

Yours arrogantly,

People that know best.

m2Wn7XC.jpg.41602d9e6502f70ac9b64b4f06408b8c.jpg

• Haha 2

Guest ttfn
16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Pretty sure the whistle went before it went in for Inheanacho's goal so it couldn't be reviewed.

Yes, dreadful refereeing.

32 minutes ago, ftfagos said:

Here's the Nacho disallowed goal: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hn2od2/arsenal_10_leicester_city_iheanacho_35_disallowed/

First glance it looks as though Kelechi has just run into Kolasinac whilst looking at Vardy but a second look suggests Kolasinac has tried to block him with a subtle movement in his direction, then fallen over like a big girl & raised his hands in protest from the floor. Lino does not flag until the ball comes across suggesting this went up for offside, not the 'foul'. Can't hear the ref's whistle in this clip but from memory this went immediately the flag was raised before the goal. So why was the goal disallowed? Offside? The collision? I can't remember where play restarted from but either way we were robbed here.

Is it just me or did the lino wait until it looked like we going to score to flag? lol

• Like 2

I see the big story today is Arteta taking a leaf out of Wenger’s well-thumbed book of entitlement and embarrassing himself by moaning about how hard done to his team was by the refereeing decisions.

And nothing - as a counterpoint - about the apparent injustice of Iheanacho’s disallowed goal and the ridiculously hasty decision by the lineswoman to flag for a foul that she couldn’t properly evaluate from her position and if anything looked to be the other way round (not that Sky could In any way be bothered to clear it up).

Don’t you just love our national media...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hales said:

Talksport talking about Leicester's VAR enhanced point!!!!! 😡 they clearly dudnt watch the match. The big 6 bias is absolutely ridiculous. All over Twitter last night Sky and talksport were questioning the red card! Fuming! 

It is not just because of big 6 bias, but it is mainly because many pundits do not actually watch games and do not know what they are talking about. They just rely on “gut” so they talk based on preconceptions (influenced by big 6 biased history), what headlines in papers say, and what other pundits say (ie. bullshit).

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..my take on this is that we will not be in this elevated period forever!!!

Along with the league win, we have had a great chance for Europa league twice but failed to take the opportunity,losing out to Burnley and then to Wolves. This golden period demands we take every opportunity presented to us and yet we fail to seize what was clearly there for the taking. Our cup exploits gave us the chance to go to Wembley yet we failed to turn up (especially in the Carabo Cup) and moments like that, should not be taken for granted.

Like most people I can see we are in perhaps the best period in our history and like most things we are part of a cycle. Financially sound, good team with an amazing infrastructure put in place by owners we could only dream of.

We just need to take advantage and garner every trophy or title we can in this instance, as we may never get this time again.

I fully agree.

Arsenal fans are in absolute mentdown over Vardy lol

There is one angle where it looks like the movement of his leg is slightly unnatural, but it happens so fast and there's absolutely no way you can say without any doubt that it's intentional- got to stay with the original decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We would have been complaining about that one if it was the other way.

Speak for yourself. Most of us would not.

Both players fell over and Mustafi's massive head connected with Vardy's off-balanced foot - or vice versa. :cool:

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Christ that is never a foul. Kolasinac runs across Iheanacho and stops right in front of him to block him off. He makes contact and just hits the floor immediately.

Soft as hell.

What ****s me off more is that Kolasinac has made a defensive career of being overly physical. Went down like a fanny there. 

14 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

There is one angle where it looks like the movement of his leg is slightly unnatural, but it happens so fast and there's absolutely no way you can say without any doubt that it's intentional- got to stay with the original decision.

If you watch it repeatedly in slo-mo, you can convince yourself. Redknapp doesn't help with his pathetic narration. 

Play it at normal speed and you'll see it for exactly what it is, accidental. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you watch it repeatedly in slo-mo, you can convince yourself. Redknapp doesn't help with his pathetic narration. 

If you see the clip with Vardy's face in it, he even goes 'ooooh after he hits him - an admission of guilt for an accident that I don't think you'd see if it was intentional.

2 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Apparently Man City Hierarchy confidently believe this will either be completely overturned or suspended. I don't think 5th position is anything we can rely on..

Arsenal not winning last night has strengthened Man City's case. If, as now looks most probable, either City or Wolves get 5th place then the establishment will prefer one of their preferred clubs being included in the cosy UCL group. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Completely agree- like I say, there's absolutely no way you can say it's intentional.

It's laughable that their fans are comparing it to a knee-high, studs up leg breaker.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Arsenal not winning last night has strengthened Man City's case. If, as now looks most probable, either City or Wolves get 5th place then the establishment will prefer one of their preferred clubs being included in the cosy UCL group. 

CAS aren't the establishment though. This isn't UEFA's decision.

29 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Unless Vardy has eyes in the back of his head, there's nothing that suggests he did it on purpose seeing as he is falling and with his back to to Mustafi at the time of the incident.

I haven't seen the immediate aftermath because ALL the clips Arsenal fans have posted conveniently cut before we get to see whether Vardy looked concerned or apologetic for what he did to Mustafi. Unless he just gets up and turns the other way, it seems like convenient editing to frame him as the bad guy.