Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

Arteta’s a perfect fit for Arsenal’s loser mentality. It’s entirely their own fault they didn’t win that game. Blaming the ref is just silly when they should have been 2 or 3 up in the first half.

11 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I can see that but the 8 minutes was added because football wasn't being played due to stoppages. The game was still 90 minutes with 15 against 10.

Well no, as most of the 8 minutes was the 5 odd minutes making the red card decision as well as stoppages incurred in the first 20, we then played a full 23 minutes (plus a bit extra)  against 10 men, 23 x 4 = 92.

But like I say, it’s pathetic hair splitting that really is not here nor there.

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Arteta’s a perfect fit for Arsenal’s loser mentality. It’s entirely their own fault they didn’t win that game. Blaming the ref is just silly when they should have been 2 or 3 up in the first half.

Sums it up. They can get mad at the red or non red for vardy or the so called offside goal...blah blah. If they had just converted their chances they would have guaranteed a win even if vardy scored. You could say the same about our chances.

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well no, as most of the 8 minutes was the 5 odd minutes making the red card decision as well as stoppages incurred in the first 20, we then played a full 23 minutes (plus a bit extra)  against 10 men, 23 x 4 = 92.

But like I say, it’s pathetic hair splitting that really is not here nor there.

Pathetic hair splitting but you thought you'd get the last word in ;)

3 hours ago, MPH said:

It was so high up the leg I don’t understand why they think they can get it struck down lol

Yea the ref actually gave a yellow first and changed it to a red the idiots 😂😂🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’d prefer to see the club punished than the player in this case, ridiculous appeal.

I agree. I actually feel a little sorry for the lad. He is only 21, only his fifth PL appearance, coming on when his side were being tested hanging onto a one goal lead, almost his first contribution to the game. It was rash certainly, a young lad caught up in the moment wanting to make an impression and  get stuck in for his team. None of this of course detracts from the fact that he was late, high and studs up. he knows that he made a massive error of judgement and hopefully will learn from it.

The Arsenal appeal is i think more to do with pandering to their fans and to cover up the fact that they dropped 2 points in a game that they should have had sewn up by half time but had lost control of, rather than looking out for one of their players. What they should be doing is putting an arm around his shoulder, telling him that sh1t happens in football and that they are all supporting him and that he should put it behind him and move on. Instead they are putting him at risk of an extended ban to justify their own agenda, which could do untold damage. If the ban gets extended, the poor chap will not get a chance to put things right and will be stewing all summer. Arsenal really are the pits. People wonder why they cannot get a consistent tune out of their players and with some, like Ozil, seeming more than happy to trouser the money and do nothing for it? Its no surprise when the club act in this way. It is no way to nurture and protect your young talent. I am really rooting for Burnley to overtake them and ensure that, along with spurs, they have no chance of an EL place even if it does go down to 8th place with the right combination of cup winners etc.

• Like 1

Everything about the club annoys me & that tweet by Mustafi saying football=war whilst showing his 2 little scratches gets my ulcer bubbling & probably does the players that have had their legs/ankles snapped in 2, what a pussy not saying it didn't smart but to show that picture stating that wot a tosser.
It makes me chuckle to think what a Rugby player, especially league make of it, although they probably label every footballer in the same way anyways& to think he has Albanian heritage, i bet his father is in hiding to scared to show his face for the ribbing he will get, hey fellas did you see what old Bujar's lad posted the other night lol

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Having just watched the MotD highlights and now convinced that Nacho's disallowed goal never actually happened. Must've been dreaming. Weird. 

Wait, I know Sky didn’t show or discuss it. Did MOTD not show it either!? 

On 07/07/2020 at 22:55, Paddy. said:

I so hope we do this. Not just for all of us fans but just to shut up all of the knobhead pundits who are ****ing desperate to see us fail.

Absolutely those so called experts who are desperate for Chelsea and Man U to get top 4 to retain so called big club domination. Just hope we do it but I fear both could get max points from their next 3 games.