Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

41 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Completely agree- like I say, there's absolutely no way you can say it's intentional.

It's laughable that their fans are comparing it to a knee-high, studs up leg breaker.

It’s Vardy’s reaction as well he instantly goes over to check he is ok, you don’t get that if it’s intentional in my opinion 

speaking to an Family member whoS an Arsenal Fan this morning claims that Arsenal will be appealing the red card as the Arsenal player never touched JJ as he didn’t have any marks on his leg  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Arsenal fans embarrassing themselves again, I get complaining about the Nketiah red but the talk about Vardy getting a red is ridiculous and only being talked about because of the media. I assume the FA can't get involved now assuming VAR looked at it? Any excuse for them to get involved and **** us over. Absolutely no reason for Vardy to intentionally do that.

You can tell it wasn't a red card due to nothing being made of it at the time, only complaining now because they feel hard done by with their own red card.

Arsenal are taking a Natural falling incident and not following humble Sporting procedure....Thats Why have this One Club hate in football,they more than Spurs

have a Nasty snidey trait Running  through the corridorss spirit of their club....Spurs,Chelsea,Manutd,L'pool Core fans is usually amusing have a dig banter.

But it must be said all clubs forums  including this have some cynical,immature idiots....

The best Way to handle this,us Dead pan it,ignore it like its not worth mentioning (Like Nachos goal) send the idea to coventry...

Dont Waste One more post on it...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Hales said:

I think I'm fuming as I should not have listened after a nightshift as I am particularly grumpy this morning! 😂

Blimey...Brazil after nights, has to be said, you do bring this on yourself. 

Some good news from last night  we made about 10 chances 7 on target.Nacho still has his scoring boots on and we look relatively fit .Some cutback rather than long cross.

Bad news Bennett looked a bit flaky ,Wilf likewise.

Vardy still hanging about the back post but he played well overall.

Day off today no doubt and hang around unrtil sunday night maybe afternoon on Bournmouth beach and an ice cream for the team.

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We would have been complaining about that one if it was the other way.

I don't think many would, its not like its a high foot, they're falling over and he connects whilst he rolls towards his back at almost ground level, not really sure what vardy was ment to do? 

Its a position that alot of players find themselves in when falling off balance theres just normally enough distance that nobody gets hit with the boot.

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looking at some of the player versus player battles in the context of Sky's frankly spew-inspiring praise on Arsenal players. 

Tierney v Justin

Pass Success - 73% v 81% 

Dribbles - 2 v 1

Aerials - 0 v 1

Tackles - 1 v 4

Dispossessed - 2 v 1

Ceballos v Tielemans

Pass Success - 77% v 81%

Dribbles - 2 v 0

Tackles - 1 v 2

Dispossessed - 3 v 0 

Perez beats Aubameyang on pass success, dribbles, tackles 

Saka appears the only player worthy of the praise - incredible stats from him. 

Hold up, JJ had better stats than Tierney? Sky comms made it seem like Tierney had destroyed everything in his wake, the goal came from his side too. Same with Ceballos, there was that lovely pass to Saka, but it was made to seem he was running the show

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pass success is such a useless statistic - can't really read anything it. If you pass backwards safely every time you'll have a 100% success rate (unless you're Ndidi) , despite contributing nothing.

You have a point if you are comparing say a centre back to an attacker but if you are comparing a player playing the same position, it’s a worthy metric.  On this point it’s worth noting Saka was Arsenal’s best player in possession which is incredible work as a winger.

Just looked a bit deeper on the possession stats. Justin attempted more passes than Tierney and managed a key pass unlike Tierney. 

Ceballos v Tielemans 

Pass Attempted to Complete Pass 

43/34 v 87/63 

Key Passes - 2 v 3

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You have a point if you are comparing say a centre back to an attacker but if you are comparing a player playing the same position, it’s a worthy metric.  On this point it’s worth noting Saka was Arsenal’s best player in possession which is incredible work as a winger.

Just looked a bit deeper on the possession stats. Justin attempted more passes than Tierney and managed a key pass unlike Tierney. 

Ceballos v Tielemans 

Pass Attempted to Complete Pass 

43/34 v 87/63 

Key Passes - 2 v 3

Tbh I'd expect Justin's stats to be higher seeing as we spent 20-25 minutes playing against 10 men.

Just had a look on whoscored.com, was hoping they'd have pass direction maps. I can't believe how far that site has come since the last time I looked. The amount of stats available are unbelievable!

How annoying is Ceballos btw?! I wanted someone to rip that stupid gum shield out of his mouth by the end lol Can't wait till someone properly flattens him. Horrible diver.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thought Arteta had potential to be a bright of fresh air but no, he's has shown his completely blinkered colours and its as big a moaner as everyone else if not worse.

Seems like he has learnt from master Pep the art of being nice and smiley so the media adore him but very capable of snide remarks and creating controversy by making an issue out of something that no commentator,pundit,player or match official thought worthy of a second glance until he spoke...

As for Sky referring to it as Vardy’s challenge what a joke 

2 hours ago, enmac said:

Apologies if posted before. Worth watching again. 

https://twitter.com/mrgeoffpeters/status/1280630303862726657?s=20

As much as Arsenal fans are melts, you have to admire Robbie. Knows he can let the other Arsenal fans goes crazy as he sits back and watches his view count / revenue rise.

Special lol goes to the comment about how they all look at Robbie when go to VAR as if they're his Dad.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1