Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 1 -1 Leicester post match thread

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Good to see I’m not the only one!

I’m getting ****ing fed up of it. Literally not just this game but most Prem games I watch. So many fouls, any close contact between players, it’s a waiting game to see which one will drop to floor first to claim a free kick.

The games gone IMO. I watched a Few retro 90s games recently and it really is chalk and cheese from today’s product.

The rules are to ‘soft’. It will turn into a non contact game soon, water breaks every half, time wasting not punished and probably a 1 minute massage each half wedged in somewhere in the future! 

Yes the game has got a lot quicker, fitter players and better training methods and fitness,  it’s also a lot better technically , but for sure the games no longer physical and I’m

cringing with embarrassment the amount of times a player just falls down and rolls around. Tierney was holding his face when it was a shoulder to shoulder, it’s just painful.

They won’t do it , but it would make a better game if they changed the rules and make it so you don’t get a foul unless ‘it’s clear and obvious force to cause a foul’. It would stop people falling over to ‘buy’ a foul every time they get themselves into a scared situation.

Would just hand refs more discretionary power to favor the big clubs.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - don't listen to them if you're expecting unbiased coverage, and don't be surprised by how they frame everything.

Absolutely spot on but it's overwhelming at times - Unlucky sending off? Our disallowed goal was a foul? Both over analysed in an Arsenal biased view - The time taken over our goal was a joke 

Ashley Cole, well that barrel is absolutely being scraped - Justin James apparently is our new right back

9 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

The only interesting thing this season will be who makes cl, Leicester or Man Utd, and it’s all being set up by the league

Love a good conspiracy theory.

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not if we finish 5th they're not!

How does Man City being banned have anything to do wit us being 5th ? 

bit confused , they have already been banned and CAS are not going to reverse that too much 

the best they can hope for is a year ban and a year suspended 

we will be fine 

15 minutes ago, Hales said:

Talksport talking about Leicester's VAR enhanced point!!!!! 😡 they clearly dudnt watch the match. The big 6 bias is absolutely ridiculous. All over Twitter last night Sky and talksport were questioning the red card! Fuming! 

Why are you 'fuming'? - it's Talksport and it's what they do. It's comparable to reading The Sun and complaining that it's sensationalist. 

As for getting upset over Twitter...

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Nothing about it was offside. Then tried their best to find something though 

All the focus was on the initial pass from Gray, which wasn't.

I'm just glad they're completely inept and didn't really look into the touch off Perez in any depth.

42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

It just goes to show that VAR simply isn’t ready for offsides. One camera angle looks incredibly tight and the other he’s a mile onside. 

It is good enough, remember VAR isnt supposed to be for pinpoint accuracy, its supposed to be for for "clear and obvious", for that the cameras are good enough, the issue is the humans running it.  As I said before if you need to draw lines then go with the ref, also if you need more than 30 secs, go with the ref.

The ones to overrule the ref is when its obvious straight away or within a few seconds.

Edited by Chrysalis

11 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Absolutely spot on but it's overwhelming at times - Unlucky sending off? Our disallowed goal was a foul? Both over analysed in an Arsenal biased view - The time taken over our goal was a joke 

Ashley Cole, well that barrel is absolutely being scraped - Justin James apparently is our new right back

It isn't overwhelming if you switch it off or listen to something else :) 

But no, I get it. I get much the same reaction to the equivalent in mainstream news reporting. Which is why I just have to turn over.

• Like 2

We should accept the point i reckon, against a very confident and difficult team atm. Shows the big6 what we are capable of and it further establishes us as a threat to the league. A vital +1 point and our goal difference is miles ahead, could mean loads at the end. :fc:

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

I had to think Arteta was a bit salty in his interview trying to compare Jamie Vardy’s accidental Coming together with a Mustafi   With the red card on the 75th minute mum was an action of momentum which Vardy could not control the other was an awkward stupid and near career ending lunge with studs up 

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But the only chance we have to consistently mix it with those better resources clubs is to get CL money every few years ....

Erm, yes I agree? Not sure which bit of my post said the contrary? X 

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

We should accept the point i reckon, against a very confident and difficult team atm. Shows the big6 what we are capable of and it further establishes us as a threat to the league. A vital +1 point and our goal difference is miles ahead, could mean loads at the end. :fc:

Absolutely agree. It also means that should we beat Bournemouth, it takes Arsenal out of the equation - for every team that cannot catch us, the focus narrows.

12 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Ref blew his whistle before the goal was scored so VAR can’t review 

But why blow when he could let the move flow and review via afterwards VAR if necessary? And it was the referees assistant, 30 yards away, who flagged it, not the ref who was closer.

*edit: I meant to add that VAR when applied correctly is very useful and can  clarify with factual evidence. Yet the problem is the subjectivity as to when it is applied, or play allowed to continue or not. The suspicion being the big clubs are looked on more favourably.

If play had continued to iheanachos goal with the "foul" not given, I suspect VAR would not have reversed it to disallow the goal.

Edited by Plastik Man
Ref's assistant, not the 4th official

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

1593550925605.png

Not a great performance but the post-game Arsenal media stuff has cheered me up.

Our defence looked incredibly vulnerable early on, simple balls between the CB into the half-space were muellering us first half, Cags all over the place, midfield overrun, Albrighton & James caught too high defensively and too low offensively, but we started the game quite well it was just as soon as the defense started crumbing we lost confidence.

Red was a red, all day; leg stretched straight with running studs down into the knee. JJ was lucky he instinctively turned away otherwise it could've been a leg breaker.

Kavanagh is up there with Pawson for worst ref in the Premier League. Lacazette should've been yellowed second half. Just not a bloke who commands respect or has any real balance with his decisions, just consistently crap from what I've seen.

Here's Aftv's in game view of the red lol

That was pure comic Genius The bloke in the Red needs to wind his neck in why wasn’t Vardy’s a red ffs makes you laugh at these Gooney fans thinking how hard done too they are simple thing to realise Gooney lads Vardy’s wasn’t even a card it’s called momentum your lads Red was it was a reckless challenge a Red all day then cry when Kavanagh users the pitch side monitor they have been whinging and crying for that to be done for ages GROW UP GOONEYS !!

in all fairness arsenal can only blame themselves for not finishing the game off in the first half. As good as Kaspers saves were, lacazette had very good chances. they shouldve been 3 or 4 up at HT.

Edited by LCFCJ

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It isn't overwhelming if you switch it off or listen to something else :) 

But no, I get it. I get much the same reaction to the equivalent in mainstream news reporting. Which is why I just have to turn over.

It's just frustrating, we've sat and watched 90mins of football ending in a draw. You'd hope the analysis would look at both fronts and for both teams, but I expect too much.

Did laugh at Cole once again calling James Justin, Justin James. Also loved hearing him downplay Vardy, you don't get to >100 prem goals without being a talented player. 

38 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Why are you 'fuming'? - it's Talksport and it's what they do. It's comparable to reading The Sun and complaining that it's sensationalist. 

As for getting upset over Twitter...

I think I'm fuming as I should not have listened after a nightshift as I am particularly grumpy this morning! 😂

48 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

How does Man City being banned have anything to do wit us being 5th ? 

bit confused , they have already been banned and CAS are not going to reverse that too much 

the best they can hope for is a year ban and a year suspended 

we will be fine 

Apparently Man City Hierarchy confidently believe this will either be completely overturned or suspended. I don't think 5th position is anything we can rely on..