Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Like Palace, Bournemouth were a team we really struggled to play against until Rodgers got here. Let's hope we follow up that 3-0 vs Palace with a similar win tonight, we badly need it.

I’ve had £5 on nacho to score any time, 4-2 win. Decent return to be fair 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You're describing something that we've never been good enough to qualify for as a "loser's league".

Whether we can go this time round or not isn't really relevant, I'm sure your opinions won't change at the end of next season when EL could be on the cards again for 2021/22 when we might be able to go.

What exactly are we building for with the CL money anyway? We've already won the league and we're not going to again. We won't win the CL either so we're qualifying just to get money to qualify again. You don't want to enter the "loser's league" (which we might actually have a shot at winning seeing as we turned Sevilla over pretty easily), and I bet you think the FA Cup is worthless now as well. 

May as well pack it in, who needs to win trophies when the club's making money? Our transformation into Leicester Hotspurs is well and truly underway.

It depends where the club wants to sit. If we want to compete with Burnley and compete for the losers league and have a terrible near relegation battle because we cant cope with the Thursday/Sunday schedule with a threadbare squad, fair enough.

I dont think we are capable of the investment to have a successful losers league campaign along side a decent Premier League campaign.

Of course it's great to win a trophy of some kind but rightly or wrongly competition for the top 4 and getting into it on a regular basis is transformational due to the money it generates. 

If our aim is Europa League and we invest fair enough. 

45 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be honest if we lose this I hope we finish 7th behind Wolves and Sheff Utd as a waste of time us being in the losers league and we can't afford to spend a lot to make the squad stronger like needed for the extra games.

..how much longer do we want to keep saying this!!!

We failed to attain the league position which allowed Burnley to gain a Europa place. We rationalised that as we did not want the problem with the extra start to the season. 

We allowed Wolves to surpass us last season but once again rationalised that as well. We were sitting pretty well in the league and now  we are about to rationalise this as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..how much longer do we want to keep saying this!!!

We failed to attain the league position which allowed Burnley to gain a Europa place. We rationalised that as we did not want the problem with the extra start to the season. 

We allowed Wolves to surpass us last season but once again rationalised that as well. We were sitting pretty well in the league and now  we are about to rationalise this as well.

Fact is we need to spend a huge amount of money this summer if we want to progress in anything.

If we get Champions League the money will allow us more costed investment for the future.

If we dont invest our squad is not good enough, we would probably end up in a relegation battle like Burnley did. 

We could end up with Matty James, Wes Morgan and Gray being guaranteed starters at least once a week with the current squad,  it's not good enough. I am not sure this year is the year to be growing a huge squad with little extra financial income to support a Europa League campaign. Unless the owners want to go on an uncosted splurge.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Elvis hammond said:

Late kick off and I'm already pissed ,😅come on Leicester we need a big performance tonight. 

Same here, only had 4 before my Sunday dinner buts it’s gone right to my head. Talking of Dutch courage, @Mark would you consider giving me a few more posts per day allowance please? I’ve not offended anyone for ages now. 🙂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Fact is we need to spend a huge amount of money this summer if we want to progress in anything.

If we get Champions League the money will allow us more costed investment for the future.

If we dont invest our squad is not good enough, we would probably end up in a relegation battle like Burnley did. 

We could end up with Matty James, Wes Morgan and Gray being guaranteed starters at least once a week with the current squad,  it's not good enough. I am not sure this year is the year to be growing a huge squad with little extra financial income to support a Europa League campaign. Unless the owners want to go on an uncosted splurge.

Don't be daft. 

Kasper

Soy Evans Fuchs

Justin                                 Barnes

Praet

Tielemans     Perez

Nachos

Vardy

Above lineup please.

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is nonsense.

We have shown throughout the restart that most of these players are capable of playing twice a week, we have one of the best injury records in the league too.

The club has a core of decent, reliable players that can be called upon if regular starters aren't available - Ward, Justin, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton and Iheanacho have all contributed when our regulars haven't been available, and all of them can be relied upon again in Europe and domestic competitions. Why you've picked out Demarai Gray, when he's been one of our standout players since the restart, is totally beyond me.

We don't need big investment, mainly because we have a very decent squad, a delicate team spirit, and ultimately we don't have the money to sign more than four or five quality players without losing several of our best.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

...we will have to invest either way!!!

Whether we are in Europe or not we need to invest in the squad and that is what will happen. The additional quality players brought in for the League or Euro push would be calculated by the potential revenue from our European pursuit.

I am not too sure what you deem to be "huge" but something like a £35m investment on Cengiz Under or even less for Bailey would improve this team no end.

We can not continue to pass over these opportunities as if they will always be there!!!

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Don't be daft. 

Thursday, Sunday without serious investment we would. Our squad players are not good enough. We struggled with fitness and performance levels after Christmas, this would not help our cause. You cant honestly think that wheeling out Gray, Morgan, James and co would be successful at winning football matches.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

There will be plenty of loan moves and part exchanges in this summer window, or players leaving on a free. 

Everyone’s finances have been affected - if we need to improve the squad we will find ways and means of getting it done. 

I hope we do. We definately need to improve the squad to compete in both and not have a nightmare.

During the past few seasons, Bournemouth have had many plaudits for their attractive football. 

Whilst this is true, they certainly know the dark arts of the game and use it as much as anyone. 

If they get a goal up, the cheating, diving and time wasting will kick in. 

Our team needs to physically match up to them from the off and not get involved in any soft yellow cards or anything niggly. 

If we can keep our heads, we should have too much for them. 

The senior players are going to be invaluable tonight 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Think if we play those personnel it will look more like 

Kasper 

Justin

Evans 

Soy 

Fuchs 

Praet 

Tielemans 

Perez 
Nacho 

Barnes 

Vardy 

Cant see us starting without Wilf though. 

Yeah, Wilf is a hard one to replace and BR will start him but I do wish that we go more attacking from the get go and go with Praet as he is not bad tracking back but can do better in getting the team transition from the back to midfield and further up. Bournemouth will try to press us at the back - a tactic worked well for opposition teams since Dec 2019 and they will try this on us unless we play 3 at the back for support and and two CMs to help get the ball up. With that formation, and our need to attack, I think we can gamble without Wilf’a defensive prowess. 

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

This is nonsense.

We have shown throughout the restart that most of these players are capable of playing twice a week, we have one of the best injury records in the league too.

The club has a core of decent, reliable players that can be called upon if regular starters aren't available - Ward, Justin, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton and Iheanacho have all contributed when our regulars haven't been available, and all of them can be relied upon again in Europe and domestic competitions. Why you've picked out Demarai Gray, when he's been one of our standout players since the restart, is totally beyond me.

We don't need big investment, mainly because we have a very decent squad, a delicate team spirit, and ultimately we don't have the money to sign more than four or five quality players without losing several of our best.

Come on Gray has failed to deliver time and time again. He is ok as an impact sub, that seems to be his level.

A lot of our squad players arent great to be honest. Morgan and Fuchs are aging, have very limited game time. Choudhury is a championship level player for me. We need better quality if we seriously want a sustained push in the Premier League and Europe.

I think its hugely different playing a 2 month mini season in the UK and playing 50/60 games, with extra travel etc.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

It is a must win pure and simple. Anything less than 3 points and I think we can kiss CL goodbye. Chelsea wont lose again after yesterday and Wolves and Man U will continue to win. 

Bournemouth have got to go for it and we have to exploit that. Sit back and try and soak it up and we will lose.

Guest An Sionnach

Same as last time for me , bringing on Barnes, Praet and Fuchs if and when necessary. Vardy will not keep wasting chances forever and Bournemouth will know that. I would be worried if I was a Bournemouth defender.

There's been a few times I've wondered if Wilf is necessary when we're dominating a team with possession, he is so slow and ponderous on the ball. More often than not he kills any momentum we have. He obviously has a big role to play when we're up against teams that have a lot of quality going forwards, but in some games I think we suffer with him in the team when we're chasing a goal. 

I don't see why it'd hurt to have Youri and Praet in midfield together on some occasions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I think if we started with Youri and Dennis in midfield together we’d soon see why it’d hurt.

Premier League teams are just too good to let us take any liberties in midfield. Man City and Liverpool play with a holding midfielder every game still. 

Maybe it's something I need to see to appreciate. If a team is planning to sit back against us and we're gonna dominate the ball, to me it makes sense to have as many technical players as possible.

Praet seems to have a good engine to me, I can't see poorer teams just walking through us.