Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

17 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Not trying to be funny, but if we can’t see off this shower of sh!t then we don’t really deserve champions league. I have faith we’ll get the job done early.

This isn't just directed at you but in general anyone saying 'we don't deserve CL' should we not beat Bournemouth.

I'd disagree.

We deserve CL based on where we finish at the end of the season. Man City have uncharacteristically lost away at Southampton & Norwich, drew with Newcastle & Palace and generally lost more games in a season than they have done in any other recently. By their standards, would they not deserve CL football either?!

Ironically, we've only lost the same amount of games this season as well.

Deserving CL football is not based on just one game. It's across 38 games and if we finish in a CL spot after 38 games, then we can say we deserved it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I expect that loads will be switching off their telly after 80 minutes to make it feel real. 

We must have a lot of fans that have never watched stoppage time before. 

As long as the fcukers don't stand in front of my setee.....

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be honest if we lose this I hope we finish 7th behind Wolves and Sheff Utd as a waste of time us being in the losers league and we can't afford to spend a lot to make the squad stronger like needed for the extra games.

"The loser's league" that we've never managed to qualify for in it's current format? 

How fans of LCFC can turn their nose up at any form of European football is ridiculous. If nothing else it's a chance for some great trips with your mates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I honestly have no information on that but by 7 pm, our record at Bournemouth will have become more widely known plus madders and chilly’s absence will be noted and we will drifted a little as a consequence 

Bournemouth are a team liked by the big betting syndicates and often shorten near the off. I believe even though Bournemouth are 18th you would still be in profit this season by backing them every match.

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"The loser's league" that we've never managed to qualify for in it's current format? 

How fans of LCFC can turn their nose up at any form of European football is ridiculous. If nothing else it's a chance for some great trips with your mates.

I dont think we will get any trips any time soon. 

All it will do is impact our results in the Premier League, it's not worth it. We would get little extra income to invest in the much needed bigger squad. We will end up playing with Gray- embarrassing.

If we arent good enough to beat Bournemouth, our squad clearly isnt strong enough for a losers league campaign in addition. 

Hopefully we win and prove we have what it takes, the Champions league money would be invaluable in getting a bigger squad with better players.

If we do lose this though, I'd just pack up for the season, let Wolves and Sheff Utd have it.

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I dont think we will get any trips any time soon. 

All it will do is impact our results in the Premier League, it's not worth it. We would get little extra income to invest in the much needed bigger squad. We will end up playing with Gray- embarrassing.

If we arent good enough to beat Bournemouth, our squad clearly isnt strong enough for a losers league campaign in addition. 

Hopefully we win and prove we have what it takes, the Champions league money would be invaluable in getting a bigger squad with better players.

If we do lose this though, I'd just pack up for the season, let Wolves and Sheff Utd have it.

You're describing something that we've never been good enough to qualify for as a "loser's league".

Whether we can go this time round or not isn't really relevant, I'm sure your opinions won't change at the end of next season when EL could be on the cards again for 2021/22 when we might be able to go.

What exactly are we building for with the CL money anyway? We've already won the league and we're not going to again. We won't win the CL either so we're qualifying just to get money to qualify again. You don't want to enter the "loser's league" (which we might actually have a shot at winning seeing as we turned Sevilla over pretty easily), and I bet you think the FA Cup is worthless now as well. 

May as well pack it in, who needs to win trophies when the club's making money? Our transformation into Leicester Hotspurs is well and truly underway.