Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

He was noticeably injured closing down Bellerin not long after scoring.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s been noted as a possibility 

so rather than it be a surprise as it was at Norwich with one particular poster getting a lot of grief for saying vardy was still in Leicester, it won’t be this time if he is indeed missing ....

Was anything mentioned about it in the press conference yesterday? I haven't watched it. 

Normally we are very honest with it comes to injuries. If Vardy wasn't mentioned I'm sure he is fine and no need to panic. 

Just now, Ashley said:

Was anything mentioned about it in the press conference yesterday? I haven't watched it. 

Normally we are very honest with it comes to injuries. If Vardy wasn't mentioned I'm sure he is fine and no need to panic. 

Covered this earlier 

BR is usually candid but has form this season for not being where vards in concerned 

10 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Ironically if you’d have used a different emoji it would have come across as ironic 😂👍

Thought that was the most ironic, he can't play. ( Maybe I watched to much Blackadder as a youth) Maybe I should have put a happy face? Maybe posting something silly and ironic has been lost. :whistle: 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He is quite open about injury issues but he hasn’t been in the past re vardy 

presumably because teams will change their tactical approach if they know he isn’t playing. 

Noticed him limping after the arse game too. Hope he is fit obviously - not just for the team, but an ideal chance to bag a couple in the golden boot race. 

This has gotta be his best / last chance and regardless of whether we finish 3rd 4th 5th or 6th I would really love him to achieve it

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Covered this earlier 

BR is usually candid but has form this season for not being where vards in concerned 

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If Bournemouth train all week with a mind to set up to nullify Vards (as many struggling teams do, effectively too), then we turn up with a different formation and Nacho leading the line, it throws that tactical planning into disarray. While I doubt any pro team would not train for multiple scenarios, i'd bet good money that the Vardy Up Top one is what they dedicate most of their planning to.

All that said, I don't think Vardy is injured, no. It's well-documented that he doesn't train every session in order to manage his body and protect against unnecessary physical contact. We'd at least have strong rumours from reliable sources by now if it was the case.

38 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

Thought that was the most ironic, he can't play. ( Maybe I watched to much Blackadder as a youth) Maybe I should have put a happy face? Maybe posting something silly and ironic has been lost. :whistle: 

Big fan of irony sir (enjoyed a bit of blackadder as well) 👍. He can’t play for Bournemouth tomorrow and as long as we don’t offer him a ridiculous contract, I think we’ll be happy all round. Let’s just get the three points tomorrow, Chelsea’s performance so far making it even more important 👍:scarf:

I'm getting even more worried about this now after the Chelsea result. Its just set up perfectly for Bournemouth to take an early lead and heroically Park a couple of double-deckers. Without two first choice full backs and our best creative midfielder, coupled with the possibility of being without the Premier Leagues top goalscorer, is going to prove more than tricky. 

Last chance saloon for Bournemouth. 

Feeling pessimistic. I'll be OK tomorrow (probably). 

After West Ham and Watford's results today they are as good as down, desperate times for Bournemouth they simply have to win and so do we. We have to win this, absolutely.

Get an early goal and they'll capitulate like they did against Newcastle.

With Man City away next midweek and their current blitzing of all opposition at the Etihad, Bournemouth have to go all out to win this just to take it to the last two matches realistically.

Hopefully the desperation of Bournemouth will play into our hands.

I'm not sure this forum has ever been united on one thing as much as it is at the moment - we have to win tomorrow.

If Bournemouth are feeling deflated, they are there for the taking.

If they're pumped and ready to give it one last shot, then we have a solid start, keep things tight, and then punish them where the spaces will be.

No City player watching that tonight should be thinking anything other than this is a huge opportunity to go and put themselves in our history books, and also put themselves in football's biggest stage.

Come on City ffs.

If we win this, I'll be the most optimistic I've been about our chances of top 4 for weeks.

That Chelsea result has given us a great chance, we have to take it!

Massive game this, because Bournemouth need to win as much as we do, especially after West Ham and Watford both won.

Nervous already.  Come on lads!  

I reckon we'll pass it around well, have about 70% posession, struggle for a goal whilst passing left to right, right to left, around the box, chucking in a ridiculous amount of crosses, end up losing 2-1.

• Like 1