Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Bournemouth (A)..pre match thread.

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There's been a few times I've wondered if Wilf is necessary when we're dominating a team with possession, he is so slow and ponderous on the ball. More often than not he kills any momentum we have. He obviously has a big role to play when we're up against teams that have a lot of quality going forwards, but in some games I think we suffer with him in the team when we're chasing a goal. 

I don't see why it'd hurt to have Youri and Praet in midfield together on some occasions.

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think if we started with Youri and Dennis in midfield together we’d soon see why it’d hurt.

Premier League teams are just too good to let us take any liberties in midfield. Man City and Liverpool play with a holding midfielder every game still. 

Well said @pmcla26.

We have to get the ball off the opposition to enjoy possession. And we also need a solid protector in front of the back four (or five). 

Edited by NaijaFox

36 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It is a must win pure and simple. Anything less than 3 points and I think we can kiss CL goodbye. Chelsea wont lose again after yesterday and Wolves and Man U will continue to win. 

Bournemouth have got to go for it and we have to exploit that. Sit back and try and soak it up and we will lose.

Not sure about that. 

Chelsea won't lose again, yet they've got to go to Anfield and if Wolves continue to win, then Chelsea will lose, won't they? 

Wolves at Burnley as well? 

We do need to win tonight though 👍

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Apologies if this has been said loads of times already but Villa winning is great for us. Bournemouth will have to come out and that's the type of game that suits us.

No not heard that before.

Just now, NaijaFox said:

You have to get the ball off the opposition to enjoy possession. And you need a solid protector in front of the back four (or five). 

Honestly, the level of football delivered up, the opposition gift you possession plenty without needing one specific person to win the ball back.

If I recall correctly, we scored after Praet came on for Ndidi in the week.

Virus

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"The loser's league" that we've never managed to qualify for in it's current format? 

How fans of LCFC can turn their nose up at any form of European football is ridiculous. If nothing else it's a chance for some great trips with your mates.

🦠 

Edited by WigstonWanderer

45 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

A lot of our squad players arent great to be honest. Morgan and Fuchs are aging, have very limited game time. Choudhury is a championship level player for me. We need better quality if we seriously want a sustained push in the Premier League and Europe.

I think most football fans look at Leicester City and tend to have the opinion that our club is one of the best ran clubs in the world.

What would your opinion be of how we are ran?

• Like 2

The Sheff U result against Chelsea has put us back in control of our own destiny. Other results won't matter if we take care of business. This group now has the chance to win a huge game, something they have failed to do on the big occasions this season. This is our biggest game to date and we're going to find out if they have the 'mentality' to win when it matters most. Match Bournemouth's effort and commitment and our superior talent should win out. Fail to win and we'll be back to hoping and praying that other results and 'verdicts' go our way. How many chances does this team need for goodness sake?!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It is a must win pure and simple. Anything less than 3 points and I think we can kiss CL goodbye. Chelsea wont lose again after yesterday and Wolves and Man U will continue to win. 

Bournemouth have got to go for it and we have to exploit that. Sit back and try and soak it up and we will lose.

Chelsea have got Wolves so how does that work? lol

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly, the level of football delivered up, the opposition gift you possession plenty without needing one specific person to win the ball back.

Against ten chasing the game .... it’s not the same v 11

watch the way wilf anticipates the play and makes interceptions or just positions himself to prevent breaks against us ....you need to know how to play that role .....you can’t just do it

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Both are out, nothing on Vardy so he should be fine. 

I think that means nothing re vards ....we won’t know until the boys arrive at the ground and we see if he is amongst the group. If he isn’t fit he wont be there 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Easier to secure possession against 10 men camped into their own half of the field.

Obviously, we can dispense of Ndidi (just like Vardy) situationally, but it shouldn’t ordinarily be part of our game plan.

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Surely upon surely the bottom four don't all win on the same weekend, do they (obvs Norwich don't count) ? 

I have to admit, I'm dreading this. I'm trying to remind myself these lads are professionals and do kinda know what they are doing

well if Norwich don’t count then it’s not the bottom four all winning ???  Positions 16 through 19 all winning would indeed be a little unusual for sure 

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Fact is we need to spend a huge amount of money this summer if we want to progress in anything.

If we get Champions League the money will allow us more costed investment for the future.

If we dont invest our squad is not good enough, we would probably end up in a relegation battle like Burnley did. 

We could end up with Matty James, Wes Morgan and Gray being guaranteed starters at least once a week with the current squad,  it's not good enough. I am not sure this year is the year to be growing a huge squad with little extra financial income to support a Europa League campaign. Unless the owners want to go on an uncosted splurge.

Better tell Wolves they aren't allowed to do well in the Europa League and also in the Prem whilst only having a senior squad of 17 players then

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Better tell Wolves they aren't allowed to do well in the Europa League and also in the Prem whilst only having a senior squad of 17 players then

Wolves don’t really play a high press though. their style is v clever and reflects the fact their squad is not so deep.