Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

i don't think Newcastle would be invited to a super league plus i think their owners would want to actually win something first. Seems little point joining a league that they probably won't win. I could never work out why spurs would want a super league, obviously the money is there, but it's all a bit pointless if you can't win it.

It’s totally about money and nothing to do with winning for owners of the big six 

• Like 1

For me, none of the other 'Big 6' would side with Man City?

Newcastle - yes, they want to invest as much money as quickly as possible but are still cautious at the moment and watching with interest as they don't want to push it through a route which goes against the rules. You could argue that with Man City out of the way they genuinely have a crack at winning a title against Arsenal even in future seasons.

Liverpool - With City out of the way they could potentially be handed another title from 2013/14 and would see a rival down if they could pick up form.

Manchester United - could be handed two additional titles and are never in risk of breaching FFP rules with dodgy investing as all money is self generated. Only caveat is if this middle east firm invests.

Spurs - play everything by the book and on a tight budget with Levy. Could easily sue for several seasons of missed CL revenue. 

Arsenal - again, play by the book spending self generated funds and would see their main rival this season out of the way.

Chelsea would be the only one which I suppose would rather they could invest without consequence and no other risk/threat from City.

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

The authorities surely have to dish out harsh punishment as a deterrent to clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle. Otherwise no point I  having rules.

For them, they risk La Liga/Serie A etc becoming the dominant spenders. It's all about this selling point of the Prem being the unofficial super league where the world's best players want to join. Created the monster and as much as I disagree with it, they won't want to risk losing their cash cows 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

For me, none of the other 'Big 6' would side with Man City?

Newcastle - yes, they want to invest as much money as quickly as possible but are still cautious at the moment and watching with interest as they don't want to push it through a route which goes against the rules. You could argue that with Man City out of the way they genuinely have a crack at winning a title against Arsenal even in future seasons.

Liverpool - With City out of the way they could potentially be handed another title from 2013/14 and would see a rival down if they could pick up form.

Manchester United - could be handed two additional titles and are never in risk of breaching FFP rules with dodgy investing as all money is self generated. Only caveat is if this middle east firm invests.

Spurs - play everything by the book and on a tight budget with Levy. Could easily sue for several seasons of missed CL revenue. 

Arsenal - again, play by the book spending self generated funds and would see their main rival this season out of the way.

Chelsea would be the only one which I suppose would rather they could invest without consequence and no other risk/threat from City.

Prepare to be surprised then ……. it depends how whiter than white their own wardrobes are. ………. I doubt that they are …….

none of them will ‘side’ with man city 

they just won’t vote to relegate them - lesser sanctions like sig points deduction - absolutely yes

I’m sure that there will be no back dated title alterations (there could be ‘no winner’ declared in the record books) - there will be no suing for lost earnings either. (Well not by the big six anyway). 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this general trend, but if you have sufficient power and/or money, you can get away with almost everything. 

Not a "trend" IMO, just the way of the world since ancient times.

Somehow football has turned into another proxy battleground.  Better than a real battleground, if every overpriced footballer means100 less mercenaries being hired to kill the locals in Yemen or wherever.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Not a "trend" IMO, just the way of the world since ancient times.

Somehow football has turned into another proxy battleground.  Better than a real battleground, if every overpriced footballer means100 less mercenaries being hired to kill the locals in Yemen or wherever.

I was being somewhat sardonically understated :whistle:

19 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

The authorities surely have to dish out harsh punishment as a deterrent to clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle. Otherwise no point I  having rules.

They should give them a points deduction for each season they broke the rules.  If they broke the rules over ten seasons then they get should docked 10 points for each of the next 10 seasons.

If they put them under a transfer embargo it should be unannounced and with immediate effect.

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

I hope it’s thrown out and FFP is dead in the water.

It won't be though will it because UEFA have their spending controls and its pretty pointless not vaguely aligning them with that, unless the PL is going to launch a breakaway from UEFA which is then laying the foundations for this Super League.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It won't be though will it because UEFA have their spending controls and its pretty pointless not vaguely aligning them with that, unless the PL is going to launch a breakaway from UEFA which is then laying the foundations for this Super League.

I’m sure if this one gets thrown out. Chelsea and Man City will get UEFAs thrown out with CAS.

49 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m sure if this one gets thrown out. Chelsea and Man City will get UEFAs thrown out with CAS.

Uefa’s punishment of Man City was thrown out by CAS because there is a time limit (six years) under which charges have to be brought. UEFA won’t make the same mistake again.   They were not exonerated by CAS. It was a legal technicality. 

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not even arsed anymore. Fvck the top 4 off and let them chase money. Top flight can be level playing again.

Promote 4 clubs to replace them, work it all the way down the pymarid so 4 teams get out of non league.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Imagine coming last in a 80 team league

This is a straight alternative to uefa competitions 

at the moment there are three trophies to play for - I wonder if this super league would just be one winner and that’s that. The prize for winning one of the divisions wid be promotion to the league above for the next campaign.

I can see this being attractive to clubs like us.  once in the system you would pretty much be guaranteed european football each season and you would expect the PL clubs to all make it into the top two divisions over a few years. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

at the moment there are three trophies to play for - I wonder if this super league would just be one winner and that’s that. The prize for winning one of the divisions wid be promotion to the league above for the next campaign.

I can see this being attractive to clubs like us.  once in the system you would pretty much be guaranteed european football each season and you would expect the PL clubs to all make it into the top two divisions over a few years. 

Personally I'm not bothered about anything that doesn't require qualification. There's no point in playing if you're/another team are guaranteed something in football.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So, will teams be in both the premier league and the super league?

I think it’s only a matter of time until this super league happens. All of the “big 6” want it. The major stakeholders want it, the TV companies want it, and arguably the international fan bases want it. 

In ten years time football will be unrecognisable in my opinion. It will end up being a PES version of football, this is all their fault! Bloody Ronildo and Van Nistelrom! 

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Personally I'm not bothered about anything that doesn't require qualification. There's no point in playing if you're/another team are guaranteed something in football.

I’m guessing that you qualify as a team from your domestic league if you finish in a ‘top 7 position’ and arent already in the euro league. How that is managed would be a question. The lowest placed team from your league would drop out and you would enter into the lowest division?  
as an example, if all PL sides were in the top division, the lowest placed of them would drop out completely for the next season if they didn’t finish in a qualifying place in the PL. Hence there is no guarantee of you qualifying every season if you don’t perform in either your domestic or the euro league.  Eg- you could have a situation where chelsea finish 2nd in the euro league top division and 8th in the PL. a team finishes 7th or wins the fa cup who aren’t in the euro league. they replace Chelsea for the following season but not in the top division. They enter at the bottom. Chelsea have no euro football.  

if it’s going to be acceptable to fans it has to be a meritocracy like this but I can’t see it 

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, will teams be in both the premier league and the super league?

Yes 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not even arsed anymore. Fvck the top 4 off and let them chase money. Top flight can be level playing again.

Promote 4 clubs to replace them, work it all the way down the pymarid so 4 teams get out of non league.

Yeah. Just expel them at this point. 

• Like 1