Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

16 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They’ll get a manageable points deduction where they’re looking at a mid table finish, be slapped with a transfer ban and a hefty fine I’d imagine. 

A fine is pretty pointless for them in all honesty. It took fines in the Billions for the financial institutions to change. I can’t see the Premier League doing that. 

I think QPR is the highest ever in world football. Charger £42,000,000 and settled on something like £22,000,000. To Manchester City, that’s a failed transfer of someone they took a punt on. 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I assume that it will take 14 clubs to approve  any heavy sanctions recommended by the enquiry 

newcastle - difficult call for them 

arsenal - probably vote with 

Man Utd - looking for new owners who could be Middle Eastern state - would they want to set a precedent that they could inadvertently fall foul of in the future? 
liverpool - see man utd

spurs - levy may also be looking for Middle East investment 

Brighton - not sure what bloom would do 

Brentford- banham would probably vote with

fulham - don’t think Kahn would vote with 

Chelsea - boehly likely to vote against because of possible issues there if they can’t sell enough players 

villa - against

palace - not sure

forest - probably against

Leicester - our previous votes on stuff indicates we would oppose but not sure now 

wolves - not sure

West Ham - not sure

leeds - radrazani v unpredictable 

everton - would oppose

bournemouth - no idea 

soton - don’t know the background of their owners 

it’s going to be v tough to get 14 clubs to approve a big sanction 

Why would anyone back Man City here?

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

Was FFP ever tested under law against being anti competitive? I’m not sure if any clubs ever pushed that, or is that what Manchester City did with the CAS case? 

Thought the Premier League is basically not subject to this law as it is a private company who operate on an invite basis, so their rules trump everything?  :dunno:

9 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

The super league is there for the paying global TV audience. 

The clubs don't give a shite if,for example  Man Utd play Madrid in Tokyo at 10am our time for their loyal fans that travel all over to follow their team and won't care if they're there or not.

The tickets will go to other ,probably corporate fans, but the grounds will be full and the PPV will make loads.

You've only got to see how many turn up in Australia or America when top European clubs go out for pre season tours.

You don't think those grounds that were built in Qatar were just built for the World Cup do you?

They'll pay big to get our clubs to play in those stadiums and our clubs are greedy enough to take it ,as we already know 

Agree about the super league, but that will only be open to maybe 6 clubs from England. 

Meanwhile, the EPL will still have to appeal to a worldwide audience to maintain tv rights. 

Fans still have power within their clubs. If it ever gets to the stage that clubs vote to determine the penalty given to City then lobby your club. 

If you feel City have cheated to gain an advantage on the pitch then it might be the one and only chance to make a stand. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

A fine is pretty pointless for them in all honesty. It took fines in the Billions for the financial institutions to change. I can’t see the Premier League doing that. 

I think QPR is the highest ever in world football. Charger £42,000,000 and settled on something like £22,000,000. To Manchester City, that’s a failed transfer of someone they took a punt on. 

It is pretty pointless but it’ll definitely be issued, the one thing I’m going to be really interested is the compensation aspect. With that many years of alleged cheating, that could be a huge amount to pay 

Possibly the biggest effect any action as in deducting points could have would be missing out on the Champions League for them.

Players would probably want to leave because of this. Guardiola’s odds to leave have tumbled.

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Because if you're fiddling the numbers yourself you want to set a precedent of leniency just in case the prem wakes up and cracks down on everyone instead of making token gestures. 

The precedent has already been set that the clubs at the top get menial punishments meanwhile the lessers clubs get heavily punished to make sure they’re are left to struggle and “know their place”.

As shown in the case of the Man City’s previous charges and the Greedy 6 compared to the case of Derby and many other clubs.

The other clubs, ‘the other 14’ if you will need to fight back and have some bollocks this time.

As one or two others have already said, as a fan, if the whole league come crashing down, so be it, I wouldn’t be against it being stripped back somewhat - I get as owners and the people actually involved will be pushing back against that and protecting their business and investments.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Why would anyone back Man City here?

‘Backing them’ means not voting for them to be relegated. Assuming this isn’t a huge PR charade related to govt plans, they will be found guilty and the enquiry will recommend sanctions.  That could be relegation - I don’t see many clubs agreeing with that.  

far more likely a fine and points deduction.  (Around 10 to 15). Maybe a two window transfer ban too. 

As referenced above, clubs will be conscious of their own stretching of the rules over the years. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

The precedent has already been set that the clubs at the top get menial punishments meanwhile the lessers clubs get heavily punished to make sure they’re are left to struggle and “know their place”.

As shown in the case of the Man City’s previous charges and the Greedy 6 compared to the case of Derby and many other clubs.

The other clubs, ‘the other 14’ if you will need to fight back and have some bollocks this time.

As one or two others have already said, as a fan, if the whole league come crashing down, so be it, I wouldn’t be against it being stripped back somewhat - I get as owners and the people actually involved will be pushing back against that and protecting their business and investments.

The problem is newcastle now have the money and will vote with the six. So the six ‘mega money clubs’ will be protected forever. 

Edited by st albans fox

Anyway will this result in Man City fans booing the Premier League anthem? Probably.

They’re the most bizarre club ever.

Boo the Champions League anthem, pretending they don’t care about the competition (Yet panic like fuck when they were threatened with a ban)  - despite being desperate to win it. 

Try and break up the Champions League up - despite being desperate to win it.

Try and break up the Premier League and the English pyramid (Along with others).

They have the most “We’re always being picked on”, “Why always us”, chip on their shoulders attitude, Man City have arguably overtaken Liverpool in those stakes.

Just now, Matt said:

Anyway will this result in Man City fans booing the Premier League anthem? Probably.

They’re the most bizarre club ever.

Boo the Champions League anthem, pretending they don’t care about the competition (Yet panic like fuck when they were threatened with a ban)  - despite being desperate to win it. 

Try and break up the Champions League up - despite being desperate to win it.

Try and break up the Premier League and the English pyramid (Along with others).

They have the most “We’re always being picked on”, “Why always us”, chip on their shoulders attitude, Man City have arguably overtaken Liverpool in those stakes.

Funnily enough I find the older Man City fans to be pretty decent people - they remember the journey from league 1 and are pretty self deprecating 

the younger lot and newer glory boys are pretty disgusting 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Funnily enough I find the older Man City fans to be pretty decent people - they remember the journey from league 1 and are pretty self deprecating 

the younger lot and newer glory boys are pretty disgusting 

That's my experience too. The older ones in some cases have been turned off by this. They remember inflatables at Maine Road and just having a laugh on Saturday, in crap grounds. 

Some of them have drifted away from the club and started going to non league locals, which is sad for an underdog club. 

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

That's my experience too. The older ones in some cases have been turned off by this. They remember inflatables at Maine Road and just having a laugh on Saturday, in crap grounds. 

Some of them have drifted away from the club and started going to non league locals, which is sad for an underdog club. 

I think is a case for a lot of fans of clubs at the top level and where the following belief and opinion stems from.

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

20 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

The sad thing is that I don’t think Chelsea have actually broken FFP rules (yet!!’). I read somewhere they have ‘protected’ themselves by offering ludicrous long term contracts and thus paying lower transfer fee instalments over a longer period of time. 

chelsea’s approach does seem to be a huge gamble mind you. I imagine it’s based on the assumption that they will have regular CL football. Moreover, all it takes is a couple of duff purchases or couple of players with serious repeating injuries and they are stuck with them for several years. I don’t think many other PL could or be prepared to do this. 

NB: I imagine UEFA/PL will swiftly put a stop to this type of shenanigans. 

This spot on.  All their new players have been put on 6, 7, 8 year contracts.

44 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Premier League clubs voting not too sanction Man City would essentially be a green light for the government to bring a regulator in.

Something the top clubs want less than Man City going down

If it’s a ‘charade’ and they’re found not guilty by an independent enquiry then the PL can say that they are policing themselves effectively. If they are guilty then they will get a large fine at the very least. And you can expect that to go into the lower pyramid and grass roots to placate the ‘baying mob’

i would still expect a points deduction on top though.  But the relegation option is still v v unlikely as referenced above.