Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Man City CAS

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

Agree with people saying nothing will happen

But if a country with as much institutional corruption as Italy can punish its footballing superpowers surely we could do the same.

Doesn’t say much about this country 

Our country is weak 

19 hours ago, Raj said:

In theory they should have to hand out all their best players to the shutter clubs so we will have Alfie and Riyadh back!

It's actually Newcastle that own "Riyadh".  And every drop of oil underneath.

On another note, this commission is expected to work slowly.  If they see a transfer ban on the cards, would Man City not just spend big in early June?  Get the contracts sealed.  They'd have to be deducted close to 50 points to go down.

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

No relevance as Manchester City as a club have caused this, not the fans, but as always now with social media people seem to want to compare everything. I laugh at the the whole "victim" thing aimed at Liverpool fans because it's every fanbase now.

2 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I totally agree. I imagine MC have always known it will eventually catch up on them. While MC fight the charges, they will probably start an all out PR campaign to ensure they can control and frame the agenda. They’ll start putting out ridiculous “we’re going to be thrown out” stories. And like you say, when the actual punishment is meted out, PL will inevitably look weak.

That wasn't really my point (not that I don't agree with yours).

I'm saying that whatever the final outcome, in the unavoidably lengthy (due to the scale of the charges, and the fact that summary justice isn't an option kids) interim while Man City fight this, we will have months of the PL being accused of doing nothing/backing down/going soft. Just as they've been accused of 'doing nothing/turning a blind eye to it' over the last four years, when they clearly haven't. Naturally, there will be a large subset of the people who made the latter claim shamelessly making the former.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It's actually Newcastle that own "Riyadh".  And every drop of oil underneath.

On another note, this commission is expected to work slowly.  If they see a transfer ban on the cards, would Man City not just spend big in early June?  Get the contracts sealed.  They'd have to be deducted close to 50 points to go down.

Maybe they could. But obviously this runs the risk (should they be unsuccesful in defending themselves) of this 'clever' bit of chicanery being factored (not explicitly, mind) into whatever punishment is handed out.

Would also be interesting to see what potential signings think of coming to a club with an open-ended punishment hanging over them for months/years.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All this talk of being kicked out the league is laughable, lets be honest it's not going to happen.

They'll probably get away with a fine and then everyone will forget about it.

And many of their mindless fans will go around saying "well we beat the allegations didn't we" to other mindless people which will be enough to shut down any discussion of their cheating.

Honestly, seeing the way people defend this sort of behaviour and the selfish and arrogant behaviour of footballers is a huge turnoff from football for me.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect this is something that City’s lawyers will be able to drag out for many years anyway

I think it will be a long time before see any form of punishment to be honest

As I've already said (I say this in a 'sorry if I'm being repetitive' way, not a 'why won't you listen' one) there's a minor punishment in having this open-ended judgment hanging over them for as long as it does take. At the very least, it makes for a slightly more interesting dynamic in terms of players coming in/out.

I'm sure anyone not happy with an extended hiatus will be happy if the two parties come to some sort of agreement whereby Man City take a lesser punishment for some kind of legal 'capitulation'

Edited by turtmcfly

Blackstone Chambers’ Lord Pannick KC is set to defend Manchester City FC again, after the Premier League brought more than 100 charges against the football club yesterday.

The Lawyer understands that Pannick typically charges around £5,000 an hour, but has been known to request up to £10,000. At the top end of that scale, come the trial when he is working full-time, *Pannick could be paid £80,000 a day, or £400,000 a week – the same as Manchester City’s (and the Premier League’s) highest-paid player Kevin De Bruyne.* At £5,000 an hour, he would still be paid more than all but seven of the club’s players.

Man C appointing a barrister at this stage suggests they are extremely worried.

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

What's this country done about the corruption in government?

All the billions wasted on the PPE affair

All of the cronies living the cream in the Government , getting the sack and earning millions as after dinner speakers.

MPs going on tv reality shows.

Dont see much they did about the Qatar wc?

No one will do feck all about Man.City once Sheikh Mansoor  gets his wallet out and threatens to his billions out of the country.

BP and Shell make record profits yet our utility Bill's are at an all time high- will anyone in power do anything? No.

We just shrug our little shoulders, moan and get on with it...

WEAKNESS  personified...its embarrassing.

Rant over...sorry...

This has nothing to do with the Government beyond preventing some level of oversight or stewardship, and anyway, this is money versus money. Too close to call I reckon.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Raj said:

What's this country done about the corruption in government?

All the billions wasted on the PPE affair

All of the cronies living the cream in the Government , getting the sack and earning millions as after dinner speakers.

MPs going on tv reality shows.

Dont see much they did about the Qatar wc?

No one will do feck all about Man.City once Sheikh Mansoor  gets his wallet out and threatens to his billions out of the country.

BP and Shell make record profits yet our utility Bill's are at an all time high- will anyone in power do anything? No.

We just shrug our little shoulders, moan and get on with it...

WEAKNESS  personified...its embarrassing.

Rant over...sorry...

Yeh…but a honest,decent,to point. Rant…

Raji-rant..:scarf:

• Haha 1

Hopefully they are made an example of. However, what’s the timeline? If they are stripped of all their titles could this let spurs in for a title when they finished 2nd? Wouldn’t be up for that, you know they’d have an open top bus parade as well. 

lol

Edited by Vlad the Fox

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Hopefully they are made an example of. However, what’s the timeline? If they are stripped of all their titles could this let spurs in for a title when they finished 2nd? Wouldn’t be up for that, you know they’d have an open top bus parade as well. 

lol

chelsea won the league when spurs finished second. so they still wouldnt even get a title lol 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Man CIty have hired Lord Pannick KC to represent them on this. 

The headline in the Lawyer magazine read:

Man City hired Pannick as it fights for Premier League Survival - the name seems fitting. 

25 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Blackstone Chambers’ Lord Pannick KC is set to defend Manchester City FC again, after the Premier League brought more than 100 charges against the football club yesterday.

The Lawyer understands that Pannick typically charges around £5,000 an hour, but has been known to request up to £10,000. At the top end of that scale, come the trial when he is working full-time, *Pannick could be paid £80,000 a day, or £400,000 a week – the same as Manchester City’s (and the Premier League’s) highest-paid player Kevin De Bruyne.* At £5,000 an hour, he would still be paid more than all but seven of the club’s players.

Man C appointing a barrister at this stage suggests they are extremely worried.

Lord Pannick when he sits down and reads the charges:

c9fe789b8da247fb2700f293700d234e.gif

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This has nothing to do with the Government beyond preventing some level of oversight or stewardship, and anyway, this is money versus money. Too close to call I reckon.

Government, FA,FIFA,UEFA etc etc...all in the same boat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

According to a reply in that twitter thread (which you may take at your own level of veracity) Deloitte were the auditors.  So the question then is were they part of the problem or misled/deceived/incompetent also?

In either case criminal charges are surely in the mix.

If there were off the books payments made or like Saracens "gifts and concessions" (partnerships in business', virtually rent free houses etc.) then it's tax/vat evasion I'd imagine.

And two sets of books is false accounting isn't it?

Something Trump is familiar with (but evidently not so good at).

Owners now are so used to being above any laws- increasingly because they are the rulers of their own countries - that they believe there are no rules and winning by cheating is just fine (the Maradona philosophy).

Over the next few years we'll find out if they are correct, but l for one wont be holding my breath for justice.

And as a footnote l do think Guadiola will leave - in about 4 years, well before the conclusion of any enquiry or trial.

• Like 1