Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Chilwell / Maddison

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I`m more worried about Ricardo to be honest, who has been a huge miss for us.

Maybe his injury may put clubs off making a bid in the next transfer window, but he has already stated that he wants to be playing Champions League football, and to be perfectly honest, that is where he should be playing, so as gutted as i will be if he leaves, it would be difficult to begrudge him the move to a club in the Champions League.

That would be a HUGE loss and doesn’t bear thinking about ....  

21 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Weird, it seemed to work out alright when we were the stepping stone for Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Maguire...

Kante Mahrez and Drinkwater didn't come in with loads of hype. People barely knew who they were. They were spotted doing an amazing job and then went on to other clubs......

People who we sign today would see those an example of how to use us to get noticed. 

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Kante Mahrez and Drinkwater didn't come in with loads of hype. People barely knew who they were. They were spotted doing an amazing job and then went on to other clubs......

People who we sign today would see those an example of how to use us to get noticed. 

I'm not sure what the argument is here. Should we or should we not be signing players that are good enough for the top 6? 

Don't see Maddison going anywhere until he has a consistent full season. Last goal January 1st, last assist early December is quite shocking. I can't imagine anybody paying he what we would want on him anyway. 

Chilwell might go though. 

To be honest I won't be too sorry if Maddison and Chilwell do go, albeit for a good price. Neither have impressed so much that I don't feel they could be replaced by somebody cheaper but offering similar qualities. Don't get me wrong, both are good players but do I honestly think they are irreplaceable. I see some of the young players at other clubs who are offering just as much and in some cases more.

The one player I would hate to lose is Ricardo. I think his loss has ben particularly badly felt by the team as a whole for his energy, his drive, his passion and his skill not only in defence but the threat he poses in attack as well. For my money he would be almost impossible to replace.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I'm not sure what the argument is here. Should we or should we not be signing players that are good enough for the top 6? 

You responded to my original point of saying that we have too many stepping stone lensed youngsters. And our chickens are coming home to roost.

You could probably figure out what you're trying to argue about ?

To be honest with the state of play at the minute I don't think we can afford to lose any players that are the spine of the team - chilly, madders, cags, evens, vardy, kasper, youri, ndidi and ricardo. We have seen the effect losing just one to injury has had over the season and having three out has been horrendous. I think we need to get rid of the dead wood and also stop giving contracts out based on hearts and not heads.  We have a decent core team but need more depth. I fear we will have to sell the bench warmers and spend in some of the relegated teams etc. as we won't get the financial rewards of CL now. We are on a journey and unlike Chelsea and Man Utd we cannot just get out the cheque book. We need to retain these players and help them develop further not sell to rivals. They are all under contract still and without knowing them I can only guess, but all seem decent and I don't think would create about staying?

There's loads of conjecture surrounding the Spice Boys, that they're 'contractually injured'. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the current situation? 

I'd wager we're a better team with them, and I'd love to see them back, but do they deserve their places if and when they're fit? 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

There's loads of conjecture surrounding the Spice Boys, that they're 'contractually injured'. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the current situation? 

I'd wager we're a better team with them, and I'd love to see them back, but do they deserve their places if and when they're fit? 

Wouldn't surprise me about Chilwell, as he doesn't seem to even be turning up for the matches like Madders and Cags did today

Maddison I don't think he will be going anywhere yet, in the stands watching, absolutely loving it when we score, bigging us up on Twitter, and I think any club interested in Maddison will also notice that Grealish is likely to be available cheaper than Maddison would cost

I think given the current state of football and issues with money etc due to the pandemic I don’t think we will see any of our big ticket items go this window. We would ask for stupid money. If Ricardo requested to leave he would be the best readily available RB in the league if not possibly the world. And so would command a massive sum probably breaking maguires record fee and I don’t think teams are wanting to part with that much cash currently. If villa go down you’ll get Grealish for sub 40 million and that represents better value for money than Maddison as he’s more productive on the pitch even if he does throw himself on the floor too much. Chilwell will be a loss but he hasn’t exactly shone this season for the first half of the season all he did was bollock poor Harvey Barnes and I think he’s gotten a bit of an ego on him now. If we got 60+ million for chilwell there are other LBs that we could tempt to the club of a similar standard for sure. We just lose that sheen of having a home grown, English, academy player in our ranks.

I know the money is obscene in football nowadays but until recently, teams have been asking players to furlough themselves and take a wage cut to help protect clubs finances across the continent and this shows that clubs finances are a little more balanced and closer run than people might think due to the current pandemic.

If either are contractually injured we will be getting big money.

Chilwell for me is the most likely to go and no matter which Manchester Club it is or Chelsea we will want £75 million or no deal.

Don’t think Madders will go tbh.

Thomas looking good on his debut - Will be interesting to see how he copes in a back four....

Chilwell needs to be careful - if we don’t get the desired amount of cash he could end up on the bench!

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

How much do you want to bet? lol

a packet of rolo's and a mars bar :)

I said the other day they would not play again this season, people argued and I was proven right.

I just cant see them staying, October is a long transfer window.

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

Maddison's form collapse coincided with his England appearance but he will recover , the main problem is to me ,he and Tielemans do not fit well with each other . Rodgers may have to keep one of them on the bench and rotate.

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maddison's form collapse coincided with his England appearance but he will recover , the main problem is to me ,he and Tielemans do not fit well with each other . Rodgers may have to keep one of them on the bench and rotate.

Seemed to fit pretty well when we won 8 on the spin, playing great football, scoring 4 goals and 3 assists between them....