Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Chilwell / Maddison

No, not going to find a way to blame these two for last nights performance. Just wondering how injured the two bro’s actually are. Intriguing they both get injured at the same time. Or is it something more murky that both have had transfer offers accepted and they are being protected. 

Tin hat on. 

• Haha 1

They're on long contracts right? We demanded sufficient fees for players recently and attempted to replace them as well as we could, that will always be the model for us because we can't compete financially. Doesn't mean there will be a fire sale in the summer.

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

They're as good as gone. That was our chance to move on as a club and it's gone. We'll lose our best players now and go back to where we belong as a mid size Midlands yoyo club.

I really can't see the owners allowing us to be completely broken up this summer. Assuming the season ends as we expect and we fail to get CL qualification, there'll be grounds for reading the riot act to the manager and players and a demand to put things right next year (not necessarily in league position but attitude).

I guess failing to get CL may potentially mean 2 big departures rather than 1..If that is the case, these 2 would be top of that list anyway.

5 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

No, not going to find a way to blame these two for last nights performance. Just wondering how injured the two bro’s actually are. Intriguing they both get injured at the same time. Or is it something more murky that both have had transfer offers accepted and they are being protected. 

Tin hat on. 

Now to going to find a way to blame them but still having a dig at them anyway.

• Haha 1

Who the hell would sign them?? 

We will want 70 for chilwell and he's worth about 25. 

Maddison is welcome to leave and warm the bench at any top 5 club if he wants. 

This is exactly what is wrong with our club. We've become a stepping stone for these young players who don't have the bottle or desire to win. They don't have the character to take a game by the scruff the neck and go for it. They're amazing when you're 4 nil up. Go 2 down and they melt. The Jesse Lingard generation as I call them. It's fashion brand and being seen in London when the NFL is town.....or you knuckle down and keep yourself focussed on the sport (TAA and Robertson of Liverpool spring to mind) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I think they are both gone personally. We have certainly  seen the last of Chilwell.

The squad needs rebuilding anyway anyone who doesn’t want to be here needs moving on.

With Kasper, Wes, Jamie, and Albrighton we won’t even have enough for a 5 a side team ....   

25 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Tin hat on. 

I`m more worried about Ricardo to be honest, who has been a huge miss for us.

Maybe his injury may put clubs off making a bid in the next transfer window, but he has already stated that he wants to be playing Champions League football, and to be perfectly honest, that is where he should be playing, so as gutted as i will be if he leaves, it would be difficult to begrudge him the move to a club in the Champions League.

There were 2 moments yesterday that reminded me of why maddison annoys me so much. 

Perez got the ball turned. Rode 2 challenges and took a foul on the 3rd. Normally Maddison would have gone down on the first challenge.....the difference....Perez has us 20 yards closer to goal! 

The second was Tilemans having 2 challenges come in and with a single movement was running toward the goal and looking up. 

Much prefer a bit of adventure. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, martyn said:

I really can't see the owners allowing us to be completely broken up this summer. Assuming the season ends as we expect and we fail to get CL qualification, there'll be grounds for reading the riot act to the manager and players and a demand to put things right next year (not necessarily in league position but attitude).

I guess failing to get CL may potentially mean 2 big departures rather than 1..If that is the case, these 2 would be top of that list anyway.

Not sure what kind of financial state an airport retail business would be in the times of covid though?

I fear our owners will have no choice but to sell a few players.

15 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Who the hell would sign them?? 

We will want 70 for chilwell and he's worth about 25. 

Maddison is welcome to leave and warm the bench at any top 5 club if he wants. 

This is exactly what is wrong with our club. We've become a stepping stone for these young players who don't have the bottle or desire to win. They don't have the character to take a game by the scruff the neck and go for it. They're amazing when you're 4 nil up. Go 2 down and they melt. The Jesse Lingard generation as I call them. It's fashion brand and being seen in London when the NFL is town.....or you knuckle down and keep yourself focussed on the sport (TAA and Robertson of Liverpool spring to mind) 

Weird, it seemed to work out alright when we were the stepping stone for Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Maguire...

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eskay said:

There were 2 moments yesterday that reminded me of why maddison annoys me so much. 

Perez got the ball turned. Rode 2 challenges and took a foul on the 3rd. Normally Maddison would have gone down on the first challenge.....the difference....Perez has us 20 yards closer to goal! 

The second was Tilemans having 2 challenges come in and with a single movement was running toward the goal and looking up. 

Much prefer a bit of adventure. 

We lost 4-1 and you’re bragging about adventure lol