Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Chilwell / Maddison

On 13/07/2020 at 10:21, Eskay said:

Who the hell would sign them?? 

We will want 70 for chilwell and he's worth about 25. 

Maddison is welcome to leave and warm the bench at any top 5 club if he wants. 

This is exactly what is wrong with our club. We've become a stepping stone for these young players who don't have the bottle or desire to win. They don't have the character to take a game by the scruff the neck and go for it. They're amazing when you're 4 nil up. Go 2 down and they melt. The Jesse Lingard generation as I call them. It's fashion brand and being seen in London when the NFL is town.....or you knuckle down and keep yourself focussed on the sport (TAA and Robertson of Liverpool spring to mind) 

This in bold Is the most pathetic thing I’ve heard for a while. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Seemed to fit pretty well when we won 8 on the spin, playing great football, scoring 4 goals and 3 assists between them....

Everything seemed to fit pretty well when we were on that run, however we were rumbled and they have not looked great together very often since.

On 13/07/2020 at 11:25, Eskay said:

You responded to my original point of saying that we have too many stepping stone lensed youngsters. And our chickens are coming home to roost.

You could probably figure out what you're trying to argue about ?

No, I meant I'm not sure what your point is? You're saying it is a problem that the club has become a stepping stone for good players. 

My point is - what else can we do? The reality is there is only 2 or 3 clubs in this division where players won't leave for other clubs, and when you look across Europe there is probably only Real Madrid or Barcelona who can hold onto players - and even they lost Neymar. 

The best any club can aspire to is to sign decent players on reasonable or cheap fees, develop them, get 12-36 months of good football from them and then sell them on for a tidy profit. That's what we've been able to do for a while. 

So my question is, should we or should we not be signing players that are good enough, or develop to be good enough for the top sides? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine Maddison waltzing back in vs Man Utd, the team who want him and him failing to turn up in a Champions League decider so he can play CL for them next season instead.... dilemma, id not play either.

He won’t play again this season apparently.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine Maddison waltzing back in vs Man Utd, the team who want him and him failing to turn up in a Champions League decider so he can play CL for them next season instead.... dilemma, id not play either.

I'm not sure Maddison gets back in anyway with the way Tielemans played the other night effectively in 'his' role.

Barnes must be worth persevering with as well as he's so positive. Just can't finish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Sounds like Chilly's injury is worse than first thought. Shame to lose both him and Fuchs and hopefully both are back for the new season.  We really have hit a rough injury run. I guess it was always a risk of project restart.

Guest An Sionnach
2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Seemed to fit pretty well when we won 8 on the spin, playing great football, scoring 4 goals and 3 assists between them....

Somehow I don't think we can get back to where we were then , the opposition have worked us out and are not going to let us. We are still plenty good enough to try something different however and still succeed.

Would it be out of order to suggest we can find a better LB than Chillwell?

As for Maddison, great player in there but absolutely no heart, no fight.  £100 million to Utd and fair enough. 

The trouble is we cannot keep unearthing these gems, selling them on and taking a profit, IF there is any desire to be something other than a top half PL side. We have a chance, hopefully it won’t be fluffed. 

13 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

How could he possibly be sure? We can play hardball all we like but if someone offers us absurd money, of course he'll go. What if his injury turns out to be a chronic and untreatable one and he retires? Anything can happen in this crazy world of ours. The only vaguely important thing to take from that article is that we don't want to sell him, nor do we need to - that doesn't mean we won't.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, completely unscientific, but I noticed maddison's body language in the stand v Chelsea and palace....he looked more like a fan, kicking imaginary balls, eyes darting around scanning the play, and obvious frustration during the Chelsea game. 

I was heartened to see the lad take such obvious interest.

Maddison certainly didn't look like a player who's off in the summer to me....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Would it be out of order to suggest we can find a better LB than Chillwell?

As for Maddison, great player in there but absolutely no heart, no fight.  £100 million to Utd and fair enough. 

The trouble is we cannot keep unearthing these gems, selling them on and taking a profit, IF there is any desire to be something other than a top half PL side. We have a chance, hopefully it won’t be fluffed. 

My biggest concern is that he is supposed to be our main creative attacking midfielder but has less than 5 assists this season. I'm not really bothered about no fight when he's got players behind him to do that.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I would think it would be harsh to describe Maddison and Chilwell as luxuries but when they're out, their replacements definitely offer something different. 

We have played some better spells of football with them out the team.  I though Thomas was decent.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Maddison's form collapse coincided with his England appearance but he will recover , the main problem is to me ,he and Tielemans do not fit well with each other . Rodgers may have to keep one of them on the bench and rotate.

Not surprising, England is a "turn the players head" stage.

Maddison is clearly injured. He was moving like my gran vs. Everton, despite clearly giving his all.

Chilwell, same. Do people seriously think he planned to go down injured half way through a match? Not convinced we'll see him again in blue and white (of Leicester), but people are reading too much in to this.

• Like 2

I don't get all this conspiracy theory chat - they are both clearly injured and Brendan has clearly stated he isnt for sale? Madders has also stated he isnt going anywhere. No more discussion needed surely or are we really suggesting they are faking it to secure moves at the detriment to the team and Brendan is lying? 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤪 I suppose Ricardo and Fuchs are doing the same?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1