Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

He is so young but importantly, is probably 3 years ahead of schedule in his development regarding the first team. If we were Chelsea, this type of potential superkid would have been loaned out for 4 or 5 seasons but Luke has been thrown in at the deep end since Chilwells injury (and now Castagne and Riccardos).

I wouldn't judge him too much at this stage of his development but I`d like to see him on loan in January when our defenders return. His first team inclusion will not have done him any harm mind but playing in the Championship will seem like a piece of piss after the players he has faced in the prem and Europe! Hopefully he can do a Reece James and come back as a high standard Prem player! Defo one for the future so lets not rush the lad!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

He is so young but importantly, is probably 3 years ahead of schedule in his development regarding the first team. If we were Chelsea, this type of potential superkid would have been loaned out for 4 or 5 seasons but Luke has been thrown in at the deep end since Chilwells injury (and now Castagne and Riccardos).

I wouldn't judge him too much at this stage of his development but I`d like to see him on loan in January when our defenders return. His first team inclusion will not have done him any harm mind but playing in the Championship will seem like a piece of piss after the players he has faced in the prem and Europe! Hopefully he can do a Reece James and come back as a high standard Prem player! Defo one for the future so lets not rush the lad!!!

Another Loan-activist....When Castagne,Riccardo,Justin, Under,Barnes Need Time out/injuries/rotation in this very competitive high ochtane season,with 3-4 games in 10-12 days while in Europe....and you want to loan him out,in Probably the most defining EOS Run in, in our history..!!!

• Like 1

Most impressive thing about him is his mentality. He’s so composed and confident in what’s he’s doing in a way that Chilwell never was. 

not saying he’ll reach Chilwell’s level but his temperament and mindset is too class and he has the tools and potential to make it to the top. 

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Another Loan-activist....When Castagne,Riccardo,Justin, Under,Barnes Need Time out/injuries/rotation in this very competitive high ochtane season,with 3-4 games in 10-12 days while in Europe....and you want to loan him out,in Probably the most defining EOS Run in, in our history..!!!

If we have Castagne at left back and Fuchs as a back up, Riccardo at right back and Justin as his back up, I`d say we have enough to send him out on loan.

We learned from Harvey Barnes that when someone has got talent, the best thing is to build their confidence and see what they can do. Harvey did amazingly. We also learned that Benkovic at this stage of his development was good enough for the SPL but average in the Championship and thats why Brendan plays 36 year old Wes or even 34yo Fuchs as a central defender.

There is plenty of time for Thomas but its evident that he is not ready now.

Honestly think with the amount of competition in the squad for the training sessions are going to make some of our matches seem like a walk in the park. Waiting for some rumors of fisticuffs. Thomas will have plenty of work this season if he keeps up the quality. If we loan him they'll be a line a mile long.

58 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

He’ll be way better than Chilwell at his age now. Another real gem.

After last season I don't feel like I got to see the real Chilwell play. Especially with his success at Chelsea.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But Thomas is already excelling in our first team when he plays. He was superb at Leeds and vs Braga. Didn't do much wrong away in Athens where he put one of the crosses of the season in for a dozing Vardy who didn't think it was viable. Today he was alright, I see why we subbed him as Traore was going to be coming on at some point and I thought Albrighton should have started the game anyway but he was still good enough and regular football would be a bonus but I'd much rather we keep him here and give him 15-20 games this season. 

you posted my would be reply already...Thomas has Now European games & Top PL games behind him,giving Top Performances to boot...

he could reasonable enquire why that other 19 year old new Boy hasnt been sent out on loan...

Thomas has delivered,he deserves to compete for his 2 possible positions...LB/WB....He has taken that big Step already...Barnes nor Benkovic were at his

stage,when they went out on loan....

Plus if Ricardos Recovery is not so obvious,or we take 2 more injuries,with our piling fixture list..& threat of Covid...it wont hurt Throwing in an even more Split

game schedule/rotation for the Bline, Rest or benchtime..Take the Stress out of the season...Its Not just the 11 selected players ,

but also the depth & quality of  the squad, with top games behind them that will carry us through....

Where would we be if we had,like many Posters suggested, Move Choudhury,Mendy,Fuchs,Morgan on, Plus  Justin & Thomas out on loan.

Nobody but nobody is an Automatic shoe-in, when all are again fit....

I must say I agreed with Rodgers when he took the lad off as he just didn’t look right defensively, but blimey when Justin went to his position he was all over the place with some poor passes and bad positioning, we won against a decent side so happy days... :scarf:

49 minutes ago, SO1 said:

After last season I don't feel like I got to see the real Chilwell play. Especially with his success at Chelsea.

Chilwell is a good player. But that’s about it. The fact he’s English and he’s not trendy hair accounted for about a third of the price.

Fofana was around the same price point, and I know they play in a different position, but I know who’d I’d rather have! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

But Thomas is already excelling in our first team when he plays. He was superb at Leeds and vs Braga. Didn't do much wrong away in Athens where he put one of the crosses of the season in for a dozing Vardy who didn't think it was viable. Today he was alright, I see why we subbed him as Traore was going to be coming on at some point and I thought Albrighton should have started the game anyway but he was still good enough and regular football would be a bonus but I'd much rather we keep him here and give him 15-20 games this season. 

This 

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

Chilwell is a good player. But that’s about it. The fact he’s English and he’s not trendy hair accounted for about a third of the price.

Fofana was around the same price point, and I know they play in a different position, but I know who’d I’d rather have! 

Not Fair! Fofana is phenomenal. No comparison.

Brendan said that he took Thomas off at HT because he was struggling with a calf injury. It might be that he said that so as not to embarrass LT but equally, that might explain why he struggled in the latter part of the first half.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Brendan said that he took Thomas off at HT because he was struggling with a calf injury. It might be that he said that so as not to embarrass LT but equally, that might explain why he struggled in the latter part of the first half.

Luke is still a bit on the weaker side, and not the quickest. Traore would have eaten him alive! Good decision, whether this injury is true or not.

I know fT has a thing for this lad, but he's not ready for the level we are at yet, other than a last choice emergency fill in.

Our team is elite level. He's understandably not an elite player yet. 

He looks as if he has a mean whipped cross and pass in him and a great instinct for putting it in the right area...but ATM he's physically too weak, not quite quick enough and defensively too green. 

A loan at out at some garbage like Derby would be ideal for him to cut his teeth

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Analysethis said:

If we have Castagne at left back and Fuchs as a back up, Riccardo at right back and Justin as his back up, I`d say we have enough to send him out on loan.

We learned from Harvey Barnes that when someone has got talent, the best thing is to build their confidence and see what they can do. Harvey did amazingly. We also learned that Benkovic at this stage of his development was good enough for the SPL but average in the Championship and thats why Brendan plays 36 year old Wes or even 34yo Fuchs as a central defender.

There is plenty of time for Thomas but its evident that he is not ready now.

But we need him now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Luke is still a bit on the weaker side, and not the quickest. Traore would have eaten him alive! Good decision, whether this injury is true or not.

...he was struggling at the start of the game and continued  to have problems in possession and in his distribution!!!

Rodgers' made a call and it was the right one  even if there was not an actual injury.

3 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Oh to be this guy. Nineteen, turning out regularly in the Europa League and Premier League. 

Bet he's drowning in muff. 

I'm so, so, so jealous of the lad. 

You get bored with it after a while, believe me.

• Haha 3