Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He was superb last night, especially 2nd half where he attacked the game. His range of passing and crossing is so natural and a refreshing change to what we've been used to on the left in recent seasons.

Still plenty for him to get better at but he is going to be class, he's got a steely side to his game too. He should start on Sunday, I want to see him up against Traore.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Evans comes in and Justin is moved over as he’s a little bit quicker and stronger. Obviously that’s if Evans is fit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Why aren't we raving about this boy more?  

Because the level headed amongst us know he is only 1 mistake away from being ripped a new 1 on FT.

He’s had a really good start to his senior exposure but I’m old enough to not get too excited about a win or too down after a loss, let’s let him grow before we start tagging him the new Ashley Cole after 2 or 3 games.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He was superb last night, especially 2nd half where he attacked the game. His range of passing and crossing is so natural and a refreshing change to what we've been used to on the left in recent seasons.

Still plenty for him to get better at but he is going to be class, he's got a steely side to his game too. He should start on Sunday, I want to see him up against Traore.

I've seen several posts insisting he shouldn't be played against Traore, but I agree with you.  He has shown enough to be trusted and will learn all the quicker when thrown in against the big boys.  He has shown himself so far to be unfazed by any challenge, but steps up and just gets on with it without any fuss - defends very solidly in all aspects and lends his support in attack with intelligence and superb passing technique.  I think he doesn't get people raving about him quite as much as some of our other players because he has such a natural, uncomplicated style. He makes it seem straightforward and uncomplicated.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't @Ric Flair, not this early in his career!

• Like 1

Just now, baldeagle said:

Hope his confidence doesn’t take a hit after getting subbed off at half time because he didn’t do a lot wrong 

I think it was just tactical  

• Like 2

Just now, baldeagle said:

Hope his confidence doesn’t take a hit after getting subbed off at half time because he didn’t do a lot wrong 

I'm sure it was tactical and would've been explained to him well. He's still got a big part to play and he's been playing a lot more than would've been expected at this stage already over this season and last. He'll be fine - it's good for his development if anything. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

It shouldn't and it won't. 

He played all game on Thursday didn't he? Probably tactical as we could have expected them to bring on Traore at HT. Justin is more experienced and ended up handling Traore fairly well to be honest. 

He didn't do a lot wrong but it's still another 45 minutes for him in which  he performed well considering his own inexperience. 

I, for one, am very happy with how he's playing :thumbup:. Got a decent talent with potential on our hands. Might save us money in buying big for a player which could be all the more important in these times... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It shouldn't and it won't. 

He played all game on Thursday didn't he? Probably tactical as we could have expected them to bring on Traore at HT. Justin is more experienced and ended up handling Traore fairly well to be honest. 

He didn't do a lot wrong but it's still another 45 minutes for him in which  he performed well considering his own inexperience. 

I, for one, am very happy with how he's playing :thumbup:. Got a decent talent with potential on our hands. Might save us money in buying big for a player which could be all the more important in these times... 

I can see why the change was made and it was correct just don’t want it to effect his confidence because I think he’s got a big future ahead of him  . 

I thought he struggled today. He hadn’t done anything catastrophic yet, but the signs were there that a bad mistake or three were coming. I think bringing Albrighton on was very sensible.

I would agree we miss a left footer in that position and he’s done well, but he doesn’t look entirely ready to me so we have to be careful with him. Any disappointment he feels at being subbed can be managed, whereas disappointment from an error that costs the team would be far more damaging for his confidence.

He’s got great potential and has done well when called upon but needs more time, possibly years.

• Like 1

Yes, Thomas definitely found it hard going today. Put us under pressure a couple of times after losing the ball. 

Still a great talent and really look forward to him developing. The things he did well today were better than what we saw him in the games after lockdown – so he's improving!

7 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Yes, Thomas definitely found it hard going today. Put us under pressure a couple of times after losing the ball. 

Still a great talent and really look forward to him developing. The things he did well today were better than what we saw him in the games after lockdown – so he's improving!

In that 2nd half they nearly all lost the ball a couple of times.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Is he a wing back? Perhaps this is the issue when he’s in a five....he looks better running onto the ball than being out wide and receiving ....

I'd say he is with a LCB that can help him with decoy runs an proper cover. Probably more of a wingback than Justin IMO, who is better on the right of a back 3.

• Like 1

He wasn't at his best, but in the same way as Barnes, Choudhury and Chilwell, he will gain so much from playing in the first team. Yes, he'll make mistakes, the coaching  staff will work on these with him. I personally cannot wait to see the player he'll become.

• Like 3