Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

Thought he did ok last night.

I reckon the plan could be keep him here until January, with him playing on rotation, then to be loaned out to the championship for the second half of the season provided our injury situation is better. 

Would be good for his development, ready to take over from Fuchs properly next summer.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I remember Babs saying that Barnes didn't have the pace to make it as a winger in the Prem. Can't say I've noticed it yet tbh, will have to pay attention to it next time he plays.

😂😂😂 Did he actually say that, he's got ridiculous pace! 

Taxi for Babylon! 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

He 19, he's still got a lot of physical development left.  

People expecting a kid of 19 to be the finished article. :frusty:

I mean, Fofana is already the second coming of Christ, so obviously they should be fully developed by 19!

• Haha 3

I have some doubts about Rodgers but I trust his judgement with young players. He’ll know roughly what level he’ll be capable of playing from watching him in training. Leighton Baines is the most obvious comparison.

Would love him to go on loan to somewhere like Wycombe. They've got an excellent attacking left back in Joe Jacobson who he can learn from and who will need rotating. Plus it would allow him to form a good partnership with Josh Knight, who will also hopefully come good for us one day. If players recover from injury then Ricardo, Castagne, Justin and Fuchs should cover us from January to the end of the season. 

7 hours ago, nwl fox said:

😂😂😂 Did he actually say that, he's got ridiculous pace! 

Taxi for Babylon! 

Haha! To be fair, I think Harvey is quite a lot quicker than he used to be. It's not the norm, but it is possible for a player to gain some pace over time.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, on first impressions there's one attribute he seems to noticeably lack that doesn't tend to really come from experience or practice, you either have it or you don't. Pace. 

If he had JJ's athleticism, I reckon Rodgers would have played him a fair bit more already. 

He's got one of the best crosses I've ever seen on a kid his age, he's really got fantastic technique with a very accurate, pacey whip on the ball. It's great. He also seems to have fairly good vision and can pick our a pass. Bit like a pound shop Joshua Kimmich. 

But he does look a bit worryingly slow so far. I appreciate that's something you can improve, but only really moderately, a slow player doesn't just become a quick one. 

I can't think of many currently successful full backs in the Premier League who are noticeably lacking in pace to be honest? Certainly not at decent top half clubs. 

Absolutely by no means writing him off and people shouldn't take this overboard, I'm not saying he's a useless donkey and we should give up now. Like I said, just a first impression that's a bit concerning. 

Azpilicueta was never very fast was he?

7 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Defence  at end of EL match included 2 nineteen year olds and a 22 year old. Serious question, any others in U23s who could step up whilst we've got this injury crisis?

And still the average age of the back 4 was 43

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Does a search, post doesn’t exist. 

Move on, nothing to see here.

C'mon since when are any facts ever found on FT??    I often think JK Rowley is a FT member when I read some of the posts on here.

Anyone have the clip of his axe attack on the Athens player, you know, the one when he felled him after touching the opponent’s nose with his little finger earning the lad a yellow card, hope the big Athens player has survived.. 🪓 :blink:

37 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Have you destroyed the evidence Babs? 

He also said Barnes is shit at finding space. The mainstream posters won’t tell you that. Bentley’s Roof has him bang to rights though.

20 hours ago, KFS said:

Agree his passing is outrageous. Quite strong in the tackle too. He needs to develop some pace and positioning as well as his confidence. Could do with a Chilwell type easing him in over time.

I think Chilwell had the luck of having a sustained run in the team when Puel was here even though Fuchs was still in his prime and better. Will BR afford the same to Thomas - unfortunately given who we have at FB, unlikely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I think Chilwell had the luck of having a sustained run in the team when Puel was here even though Fuchs was still in his prime and better. Will BR afford the same to Thomas - unfortunately given who we have at FB, unlikely. 

What we have at fullback is a load of injuries and fixture congestion. BR might have to give him a run of games.

• Like 2

Thomas is needed here at the minute due to injuries and the amount of games we've got. Fuchs can fill in at CB if needed, which means Thomas may well be needed at LB. I suspect if Ricardo is fit and comes back strong from his injury, then Thomas may go out on loan to the Championship to get regular game time.

I have one concern with Thomas, pace. The modern fullback needs to be quick, especially one’s that are better going forward than defending. 

His passing is fantastic but after a regular runs in the side, opposition will be aware of this and will close him down quicker.