Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Luke Thomas

We have a young team covering many of our positions....There ja Not One player,that I will criticise or judge in future potential...

Rodgers Interview Today in Sky also has shown, he is more than ready to Show patience & encourage the Youngsters in the team,including

those that are Proving to be First choice...

Gave a special mention also to the older statement Coming in,and playing more of a Part than expected.....

So with Thomas,expect Rodgers to Show any of the youngsters a Good deal of patience & encouragement....,its in his Coaching DNA..!!!

This season, every squad Member will be seeing some sort of game time.....

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I have one concern with Thomas, pace. The modern fullback needs to be quick, especially one’s that are better going forward than defending. 

His passing is fantastic but after a regular runs in the side, opposition will be aware of this and will close him down quicker. 

His crossing and passing will make up for that and he's not slow anyway. He needs to strengthen and hopefully his acceleration will improve as well like it has with Barnes. Plenty of quality full backs that's main asset isn't blistering pace.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His crossing and passing will make up for that and he's not slow anyway. He needs to strengthen and hopefully his acceleration will improve as well like it has with Barnes. Plenty of quality full backs that's main asset isn't blistering pace.

Definitely people were going on about Barnes being skilful but too slow for the Prem when he first came on the scene the guy is rapid now . Hopefully Thomas can do the same kind of thing  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Does anyone know Luke Thomas's dad? I'd like to tickle him on the ball sack.

Superb prospect.

Not sure Luke's Dad would be a thrilled with that :o

Did well tonight, Luke not his Dad. A good match for his development too. 

• Like 1

You can see at times he's still a bit raw but you can't fault the lad at all. He's come in again and done a good job, with a few very good moments to boot. 

If he keeps working hard I'm sure we will see alot more of him as he clearly has a bright future ahead of him.

14 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Lad will likely be better than Chillwell. For a start he can defend and secondly he can put in a cross actually to someone. 

Yeah he’ll make mistakes, but he’s going to be good. 

He's better than Chilwell was at the same age, and also better than Chilwell was for the same amount of games played for the first team at ~10. Compared to Chilwell, he doesn't have the same engine or physicality (yet), but in terms of fundamentals, he's already ahead on decision making. He's good at picking a pass, playing out of tight spaces and being aware of what's going on around him. He's playing as a LB / LWB at the moment and will probably stay there, but he's got the football intelligence to play elsewhere. In some ways he's got the same intelligence as Ricardo and Castagne have who share that trait.

He's mot on Fofana's level who is looks like he is on his way to being one the best CB's in the world, but seeing as Chilwell ended up being a 50m player, you'd be disappointed if Thomas didn't hit those heights. I think we will keep him though if he keeps developing because that intelligence is something that is hard to find in players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's better than Chilwell was at the same age, and also better than Chilwell was for the same amount of games played for the first team at ~10. Compared to Chilwell, he doesn't have the same engine or physicality (yet), but in terms of fundamentals, he's already ahead on decision making. He's good at picking a pass, playing out of tight spaces and being aware of what's going on around him. He's playing as a LB / LWB at the moment and will probably stay there, but he's got the football intelligence to play elsewhere. In some ways he's got the same intelligence as Ricardo and Castagne have who share that trait.

He's mot on Fofana's level who is looks like he is on his way to being one the best CB's in the world, but seeing as Chilwell ended up being a 50m player, you'd be disappointed if Thomas didn't hit those heights. I think we will keep him though if he keeps developing because that intelligence is something that is hard to find in players.

Don't think i've ever seen a player less physical than Chillwell, my main gripe with him was his lack of it . We would regularly see him pull out of challenges even when the were 60/40 in his favour !

Just now, los dedos said:

Don't think i've ever seen a player less physical than Chillwell, my main gripe with him was his lack of it . We would regularly see him pull out of challenges even when the were 60/40 in his favour !

He was good at dealing with the aerial threat though. When he first broke into the team, other teams targeted him with the long diagonal, but after about 10 games he worked on his strength and won a lot of aerial duels. Chelsea fans have been impressed with that side of his game since his move. 

But regarding pulling out of challenges... yes I agree with you he did often do that.

• Like 1

So good to watch Poveda try to wind him up last night and to watch Thomas keep his head down and continue to work hard. Really frustrated Poveda.

He's going to be an excellent player for us. Hope there are other gems that can be unearthed that I have no beforehand knowledge of. Last season was a surprise for me.

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was good at dealing with the aerial threat though. When he first broke into the team, other teams targeted him with the long diagonal, but after about 10 games he worked on his strength and won a lot of aerial duels. Chelsea fans have been impressed with that side of his game since his move. 

But regarding pulling out of challenges... yes I agree with you he did often do that.

Yeah I really noticed this with Chilwell at the start, he was being praised for his defensive heading but I remember vividly one game where the opposition were just chipping balls onto his head and he’d either lose the header or tamely flick it out for a throw, gaining them easy possession in our half. The coaches clearly worked on that with him and I feel Thomas needs similar in terms of being able to get that spring and a powerful defensive header. Got lots of great attributes though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Yeah I really noticed this with Chilwell at the start, he was being praised for his defensive heading but I remember vividly one game where the opposition were just chipping balls onto his head and he’d either lose the header or tamely flick it out for a throw, gaining them easy possession in our half. The coaches clearly worked on that with him and I feel Thomas needs similar in terms of being able to get that spring and a powerful defensive header. Got lots of great attributes though.

I agree with that but looking purely on last night, taking the conditions into account. Heading it out of play isn’t a bad way to defend. 

Loose balls in those conditions around our defensive 3rd are dangerous, especially with how Leeds usually play with plenty of men forward. 

He was superb last night, especially 2nd half where he attacked the game. His range of passing and crossing is so natural and a refreshing change to what we've been used to on the left in recent seasons.

Still plenty for him to get better at but he is going to be class, he's got a steely side to his game too. He should start on Sunday, I want to see him up against Traore.

• Like 1