Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ex-pros would be the worst choice. They might "know the game" but they know all the dark arts as well and we'll still be in a position when people are complaining. We forever hear them lament "you can't do that nowadays" so it wouldn't work with the modern interpretations.

You'll never please everyone and especially not with subjective decisions.

They're also not averse to  'he got a touch' to justify a penalty and 'taking one for the team' both cheating.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Chilwell has defo been dropped in favour of Alonso by Tunchel.Could be a big knock to his confidence .Have to say Im not surprised as I went on record to say at the time.

I think It’s a bit harsh on Chilwell considering he was having a decent start to the season, around a 1/3 of his goals and assists in his whole career have came in his first 18 games for Chelsea 

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate should be seriously be taking Vardy, Barnes and Maddision into the Euros ... he ain't got the balls to do it though

Vardy does not want International complications, and of would be a suprise, if he changes his mind....

The injury(s) in the last 15 months, will be an important Reminder to any career-relevant decision making....

No England interventions, Vardy Prolongs his playing career...!!

Why even the  Production firms of corner-flags are getting worried, they have had to re-budget their Test & research departments, to address

for the Next 5-6 years, instead of 1-2 years.:banana:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

They're also not averse to  'he got a touch' to justify a penalty and 'taking one for the team' both cheating.

Yes - we’d have these VAR pros saying well he is entitled to go down so you’d probably end up

with soft penalties being given and as pointed out most calls are subjective.

Liverpool would have been screaming for a penalty had it been Keane on Salah as an example.

The main bone of contention is the inconsistency and fussy nature of the rules/laws like with the offside .

VAR is just another ref either not doing his job well or making a subjective call .

Basically we now have 2 refs making what might be a bad call rather than one and taking time out of the game.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 2

WHU Spurs draw, best result? WHU have got more points on the board, but have got some tough games coming up, but don't play in Europe, so will have a fresh 11 (or close to) every week. Spurs are 6 points behind them, but have a game in hand, but they play in Europe and will need to rotate every couple of games to keep the players fresh.

West Ham win and by quite a few would be great today if we follow it up with a win.I know they are closer to us but would be great to see spurs finish mid table. No fans no Europe with a big stadium prob still need to pay a lot for would be great 😂

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

I really don't like this - it normalises cheating where as it should be penalised and those consistently guilty vilified. I know its probably not going to happen but I'll stick with my opinion about what should happen

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

God spurs really are awful. Remember when people thought they were title challengers?

Bale nowhere to be seen. Looks like being one of the worst signings ever, bearing in mind the likely financial outlay

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

All this "Please don't let them get too close" stuff.

After this game today, West Ham play Man City, Leeds, Man Utd and Arsenal.

If they are still anywhere near the top four after those games, they will have deserved it.

Tbh I'd be over the moon if two of the top 4 come the end of the season was us and West Ham (or even Everton or Villa just to mix it up) but if they end up there at our expense I'd probably not be so happy for them

What a mental season. God knows how the table will look at the end

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Bale nowhere to be seen. Looks like being one of the worst signings ever, bearing in mind the likely financial outlay

Yeah strange one isn’t it. Think with more game time he gets his eye in and kicks on. No idea why they paid all that money for just one season and then hardly play him. When he plays he tends to be quite positive from what I’ve heard. Mourinho strikes again. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How has the commentator just said its 'a make of break season' for Harry Kane as if he's not scored over 100+ (150+?) goals for Spurs already lol

Didn't he mean as a trophy point of view, as he did say you want to look back at your career and trophies that you have won