Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, peach0000 said:

It's just a cut I think. Just unlucky where the contact was. No where near enough force for concussion

Agreed just surprised it took the ref so long to stop the game with a good amount of blood instantly visible after the collision 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Didn't he mean as a trophy point of view, as he did say you want to look back at your career and trophies that you have won 

Must have missed that bit.

Still think the trophy thing is more on the club than just Kane. 

I can't see them winning the League Cup. 

I do wonder when he or Son will call it a day at Spurs though in the search of a trophy... 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's just a cut I think. Just unlucky where the contact was. No where near enough force for concussion

Still a clash of heads? We can't really know the force of it from our TV screens. 

Just surprised the 'protocols' weren't followed for Sanchez as well, even if he was going to be deemed totally fine. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

To be honest if West Ham, Everton or Villa finish top 4 this season, they could well be after a lot of similar profile players that we’ll be looking to attract.

Selfishly, I’m hoping it’s us and one of Chelsea or Liverpool personally, but would be nice for the likes of those teams’ fans to experience Champions League football.

If one of the bigger/richer clubs misses out means they’re less likely to be able to take any of our players though.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes like Kante to Chelsea. :)

I like to think a lots changed since then, I’m not saying they definitely won’t go but these set of players seem to appreciate being at the club a lot more than Kante did.

If West Ham are going to win this one, I would like them to win it big, because it will finish Spurs off.

Plus we can all enjoy Jose's post-match interview when he shrugs his shoulders and suggests Spurs were the better side, whilst wearing that slightly pained expression that looks like he can smell dogmuck somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yes said:

I like to think a lots changed since then, I’m not saying they definitely won’t go but these set of players seem to appreciate being at the club a lot more than Kante did.

Unfortunately the filthy lucre normally talks. Ask Drinky, Maguire or Chilwell.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham do have much more of an organised look about them. Strong in a lot of areas when everyone is fit. 

Previous seasons they've been all talk but they are now actually putting in some consistency in their performance to go with it. Credit where it's due for Moyes. Even if they lose some of their next few games they're still bound to be in top 6 (or close) and that means they're still one to keep an eye on after. 

When Antonio is in the side they do play much better. They have a focal point aerially but also in behind due to his pace. And I never thought I'd say this but even Lingard looks decent in this set up. 

We need the West Ham fans to be allowed back in so their home form goes back to being crap.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Trouble is, if Spurs get hammered, then papers will be full of Brendan to Spurs sh*t, which will be very unsettling for players (and fans). We can do without this.

Maybe if Rodgers reputation is hammered like Mourinhos he might join Spurs one day.

As it stands now next to no chance.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham do have much more of an organised look about them. Strong in a lot of areas when everyone is fit. 

Previous seasons they've been all talk but they are now actually putting in some consistency in their performance to go with it. Credit where it's due for Moyes. Even if they lose some of their next few games they're still bound to be in top 6 (or close) and that means they're still one to keep an eye on after. 

When Antonio is in the side they do play much better. They have a focal point aerially but also in behind due to his pace. And I never thought I'd say this but even Lingard looks decent in this set up. 

I agree. They're looking more like us. They've got a decent squad. Antonio is their Vardy, but even when he doesn't play they have have enough depth to still score goals. Lingard seems to have a new lease of life. 

15 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Trouble is, if Spurs get hammered, then papers will be full of Brendan to Spurs sh*t, which will be very unsettling for players (and fans). We can do without this.

I disagree, I think Spurs are the only team that won't put us in that position - their finances are in a mess, they'd have to pay a massive payout to Mourinho and also the release clause for BR, and I guess he himself is on a fair whack here so would need to offer a higher wage too. Can't see it happening

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I disagree, I think Spurs are the only team that won't put us in that position - their finances are in a mess, they'd gave to pay a massive payout to Mourinho and also the release clause for BR, and I guess he himself is on a fair whack here so would need to offer a higher wage too. Can't see it happening

Man hits Nail on head 👏👏👏

Edited by King of Gipsy Lane
  • Like 1