Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think plenty will be screaming penalty if it happened to Vardy.

 

He certainly scores without it. 

I think even the most ardent Leicester fan would see the defender physically can't get out of the way there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think plenty will be screaming penalty if it happened to Vardy.

 

He certainly scores without it. 

I don't think the defender can do much else, really. I was shocked when he took one look at it on the video, they usually take an age and look from multiple angles.

 

I may be proved wrong in the next few minutes but I don't think that decision will make too much of a difference, Liverpool haven't really looked like scoring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peach0000 said:

I'm sorry but is diving not a yellow card anymore? Salah should have had two and Mane should have had a second yellow there!

I see it every game now. Players dive without bookings, I’ll include Maddison in that. I don’t know how we’re supposed to stop it if they don’t book them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StanSP said:

No doubt the bellend Liverpool fans will be sending death threats to the officials. Probably already started. 

Type in Kavanagh on twitter and you'll see. The abuse he's getting is shocking!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Bear said:

Very harsh decision. It's not a foul therefore it's not a pen. 

 

What the hell was the point in looking at half a replay either? 

TAA physically can't get out of the way. Poor decision all round 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fox92 said:

I see it every game now. Players dive without bookings, I’ll include Maddison in that. I don’t know how we’re supposed to stop it if they don’t book them.

Totally agree. People slate Grealish but Maddison is one of the worst for it. Salah takes it to another level for me though. Some of them are ludicrous. The Man City penalty being the worst.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think plenty will be screaming penalty if it happened to Vardy.

 

He certainly scores without it. 

Oh yeah that was a definite pen. I don’t think anyone is arguing that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sdb said:

Stunned at the take on here re the pen. He's about to score and is tripped. Accidental or not, surely that's a pen.

Oh my god. What is wrong with people?

 

So you can, as a striker, kick someone, fall over, and win a pen?

 

That changes the game. If that's the way it works, and strikers play to that, 75% of goals would be penalties. I don't want to watch that sport if that's the case. It isn't football.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peach0000 said:

Type in Kavanagh on twitter and you'll see. The abuse he's getting is shocking!

Gives them a get out clause really.

 

Was a tough decision on Liverpool but they have had 80 odd minutes to score a goal..

 

Not like they were 1-0 up in the last minute..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think even the most ardent Leicester fan would see the defender physically can't get out of the way there. 

You’re right, but that doesn’t make it not a foul. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh dear. Looks like Liverpool are having a proper meltdown. We know what that’s like. Frustrating as hell and very hard to stop once it builds momentum. 
 

mid table finish and start again next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Oh my god. What is wrong with people?

 

So you can, as a striker, kick someone, fall over, and win a pen?

 

That changes the game. If that's the way it works, and strikers play to that, 75% of goals would be penalties. I don't want to watch that sport if that's the case. It isn't football.

Kick him?! 😅 he's running to tap the ball into an empty net.

 

And 'what is wrong with people?'. You OK there?! Just a football forum mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...