Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

So they did - a soft penalty in itself!

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

First Everton win at Liverpool since 1999 and first time Liverpool lost 4 in a row at home since 1923!

Their next home game in the PL is against Chelsea. Could be 5 straight defeats at Anfield. I hope so.

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Behave.  We are not going to need 88 points to make the top 4. All the teams challenging the top 4 will drop points between now and the end of the season.  We can lose 5 and still do it.

It's naive as a Leicester fan to not want a Newcastle win tomorrow. I stand by what I said. 

• Like 1

Sheff Utd's next bunch of fixtures - can't see them getting a win from any of them (famous last words, perhaps...)

Liverpool (H)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H)

Leicester (A)
Chelsea (A)
Leeds (A)
Arsenal (H)
Wolves (A)

Maybe they'll beat Liverpool though and pile the misery on Klopp lol 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Feel a bit sorry for Kabak, really tough introduction to the league, young kid who was already low on confidence playing for a shite Schalke team. Going to be tough for him. Is he really the best they could do? I know they were desperate and clubs knew it. Even if it was someone like Tarkowski.

He's gone from one horror show at Schalke to another at Liverpool. Bit of calm and tranquility with us next season eh?

29 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's naive as a Leicester fan to not want a Newcastle win tomorrow. I stand by what I said. 

Obviously it's better if Newcastle win tomorrow but if Utd win and we lose, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't the end of the world.  Top 4 will still be on.

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sheff Utd's next bunch of fixtures - can't see them getting a win from any of them (famous last words, perhaps...)

Liverpool (H)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H)

Leicester (A)
Chelsea (A)
Leeds (A)
Arsenal (H)
Wolves (A)

Maybe they'll beat Liverpool though and pile the misery on Klopp lol 

They will beat Liverpool

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Obviously it's better if Newcastle win tomorrow but if Utd win and we lose, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't the end of the world.  Top 4 will still be on.

The original post I quoted said that they want Newcastle to lose so they get dragged into the relegation battle because top 4 is a certainty. I merely said that it was naive as we will need teams like Newcastle to take points off our rivals unless we plan on winning every remaining game. I'm going to stand by that because its true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Build a young player up just to knock him back down. Regardless of what you think of CHO, or even if he hadn’t been playing his best, wouldn’t like seeing Brendan doing that to one of our boys. 

What's wrong with Tuchel did? He said that he didn't like CHO's attitude and wasn't doing what he was told on the pitch, I remember last season when we had player's like Chilwell just coasting through games hardly doing anything. Would have loved Brendan to have subbed them off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I agree it's better for Leicester if Newcastle win but good teams know that it's what they do that counts. Man City are not worrying about other clubs. Hoping for other teams to lose is what supporters do. Winners worry about what they do, not what people around them do. 

I stand by my original remark in that due to the level of football played by Fulham & Newcastle , I would like to see Newcastle relegated. 

And Yes, I'm expecting Leicester to finish top four.

Yours Sincerely

Naive One.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Johnstone, Pereira, Berge, O'connell may get a look in 

Johnstone I agree, Pereira given our lack of wingers options yes.

Berge is absolutely shite, no idea why they signed him and for so much. They had great dynamic in midfield first half of last season. Lunstrum, Fleck and Norwood. All for improving if you can, but equally if it ain't broke. O'Connell isn't getting on the bench as a 3rd choice centre back whilst we still have Evans, Soyuncu and Forfana.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Johnstone I agree, Pereira given our lack of wingers options yes.

Berge is absolutely shite, no idea why they signed him and for so much. They had great dynamic in midfield first half of last season. Lunstrum, Fleck and Norwood. All for improving if you can, but equally if it ain't broke. O'Connell isn't getting on the bench as a 3rd choice centre back whilst we still have Evans, Soyuncu and Forfana.

O'Connell I was having 4th choice. It depends who we have on the bench. Play a back three with Soyuncu, Fofana and Evans and maybe he would get into the squad (I'm not sure). I personally rate Berge I think he's pretty underrated. I know that's subjective though. 

I'm not convinced in reality any other than Johnstone get in the squad but those are the 4 that could be in the question in my opinion. 

Edit: I also rate Gallagher but again not sure he gets in. Our squad when everyone is fit is very strong. 

Edited by peach0000