urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

They checked it but the commentators just kept calling it 'great goalkeeping'. Anywhere else on the pitch by an outfield player that is dangerous play and a red card. Surely no different!

Seen a few fouls given like that where someone wins the ball but then takes the man.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Seen a few fouls given like that where someone wins the ball but then takes the man.

Exactly. For me it's how he wins it. He literally brushes the ball with one foot and goes full force into the forwards knew with the other like half a second later. The forward was lucky to not have his leg broken. I can't understand how it's not a penalty. I get the ref may have missed it with all the bodies in the way but for the VAR to dismiss it is shocking. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

O'Connell I was having 4th choice. It depends who we have on the bench. Play a back three with Soyuncu, Fofana and Evans and maybe he would get into the squad (I'm not sure). I personally rate Berge I think he's pretty underrated. I know that's subjective though. 

I'm not convinced in reality any other than Johnstone get in the squad but those are the 4 that could be in the question in my opinion. 

Edit: I also rate Gallagher but again not sure he gets in. Our squad when everyone is fit is very strong. 

Well we don't play a 3 very often now thankfully, so he'd be 4th choice. I don't think that's up for debate. Currently 4th choice is Amartey or Fuchs and there's a lot of current premier league centre backs who's get in ahead of them.

I just don't see it with Berge. Hes slow, cumbersome, loses the ball too easily and doesn't particularly pass the ball we. He's just a giant ambling around like a headless chicken, might as well send the mascot out there. Sheff Utd's midfielder definitely looked worse the moment he started playing in there.

13 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Funny how Tuchel has taken one look at Chilwell and thought 'nah, you're alright'.

Nothing against BC, it was just nothing short of fantastic business for our club. £50m, replaced by Justin AND Castagne who are both better than him, with about £25m to spare. Unbelievable.

It's unbelievable that we sold Chilwell and Maguire, pocketed £130M, saved most of it and we've improved our defence (when they're all fit).

52 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

The refs in this league are the worst in euroupe

Honestly the middle aged clowns who ref our game from stokley park make it up as they go along

Its a pen all day long and a red card. shocking

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They checked it but the commentators just kept calling it 'great goalkeeping'. Anywhere else on the pitch by an outfield player that is dangerous play and a red card. Surely no different!

those commentaters were biased all night

Same injury for Henderson as Cags and Wilf earlier in the season (plus someone else or have we had so many injuries that they've all blended into one?!) That's at least 2 months out.

To be honest, Liverpool's issues aren't so much down to injuries, it's recruitment.

Go and look at their signings after the window they bought Allison: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/alletransfers/verein/31

They spent £150m after VVD in buying Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri, and finished second on 97 points.

After that though? £9m on Minamino - their best player today - Van Den Berg, Lonegan and Adrian. Then they win the league. 

Last summer? Tsimikas, Jota and Thiago for around £70m. Davies and Kabak in January, and one of them's injured while the other one's shit.

They have an amazing - almost unbeatable first XI. But I would argue that they have a weaker squad than us. 

"Shut the **** up Urban and go to bed" First off you're not my mum.

Second, we've had just as many injuries this season. We still haven't seen a full strength XI start. Yet we've not been out of the top 4 this season.

Because our recruitment is amazing. Cheap and young, with high resale value. The only world records we're breaking is in sales.

And Rodgers is learning how to utilise it.

Liverpool's plight just shows how brilliantly we are doing.

• Like 2

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1400413/Tottenham-news-Daniel-Levy-Jose-Mourinho-Brendan-Rodgers/amp

I wasn't sure where to post this. But Fuchs me "deserves to manage a top club" balls needs to stop. As it stands, we've won more, we've been more consistent then Spurs, so up yours express, take your bias crap somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Southgate should be seriously be taking Vardy, Barnes and Maddision into the Euros ... he ain't got the balls to do it though

You're assuming Vardy's interested, though...

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just a thought, that Calvert Lewin peno incident was very similar to Ederson taking out Barnes, the PGMOL verdict was “the collision was inevitable”. 

Has that changed now?

MOTD went on about the lifting of the feet by TAA at the end of the incident.....I’m not convinced how much contact there was from that but you could argue intent 

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just a thought, that Calvert Lewin peno incident was very similar to Ederson taking out Barnes, the PGMOL verdict was “the collision was inevitable”. 

Has that changed now?

they said 'you have to expect contact on the fullham penalty'' absolute disgraceful shitshow they are

• Like 2
Just now, twister said:

they said 'you have to expect contact on the fullham penalty'' absolute disgraceful shitshow they are

Yes I thought that incident had shades of ederson/Barnes although raiola did actually make contact with the ball before he cleaned bogle out ......

Genuinely think Vardy would tell Southgate, The FA, England to fuck off if they came calling.

I think they (Southgate, The FA, England) know that and therefore won’t even bother asking which would come as a relief to them anyway.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes I thought that incident had shades of ederson/Barnes although raiola did actually make contact with the ball before he cleaned bogle out ......

Has he got bored with being an agent and decided to become a footballer himself? :D

• Haha 1

Ex-pros would be the worst choice. They might "know the game" but they know all the dark arts as well and we'll still be in a position when people are complaining. We forever hear them lament "you can't do that nowadays" so it wouldn't work with the modern interpretations.

You'll never please everyone and especially not with subjective decisions.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Chilwell has defo been dropped in favour of Alonso by Tunchel.Could be a big knock to his confidence .Have to say Im not surprised as I went on record to say at the time.

Alonso was decent a few seasons ago but he's should be no more than a squad player for any team aspiring to be in the top 4 so it must be tough for Chilwell alright as you say. By way of contradicting myself though, what Alonso lacks in ability he makes up for in his work in helping those around him play better so maybe thats whyhe's preferred by Tunchel.

Edited by Nalis
16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ex-pros would be the worst choice. They might "know the game" but they know all the dark arts as well and we'll still be in a position when people are complaining. We forever hear them lament "you can't do that nowadays" so it wouldn't work with the modern interpretations.

You'll never please everyone and especially not with subjective decisions.

They're also not averse to  'he got a touch' to justify a penalty and 'taking one for the team' both cheating.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Chilwell has defo been dropped in favour of Alonso by Tunchel.Could be a big knock to his confidence .Have to say Im not surprised as I went on record to say at the time.

I think It’s a bit harsh on Chilwell considering he was having a decent start to the season, around a 1/3 of his goals and assists in his whole career have came in his first 18 games for Chelsea