Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Unfair?  Their owners decided not to buy another CB and go into the season with just 3, knowing Matip was a risk anyway.  They've been unlucky for sure, but unfair is too far. 

Remember we have had Castagne, Riccy, Soy, Ndidi, Maddison, Praet, Vardy, Fofana, Perez and JJ all out for numerous games this season. We have barely had a line about that. 

I'll put the heavy sarcasm emoji in next time! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

No pen will ever be underserved for a team playing liverpool after some of the decisions they have had over the recent years. 

It was pre-VAR, but that one they got for the ball hitting Big Wes' head still pisses me off whenever I think about it. From no angle whatsoever did it remotely look like a handball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Simpson (ball to hand), Morgan (actual face) in 2015, Mane's dive in 2019, Fabinho's handball in 2020.

**** them.

Yeah, and Grealish’s three dives, three pens tomorrow ffs

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Simpson (ball to hand), Morgan (actual face) in 2015, Mane's dive in 2019, Fabinho's handball in 2020.

**** them.

This - and all the other scammy decisions they got against other clubs - is why I struggle to have sympathy for them. Their fans became some of the most entitled arrogant bunch even before they won anything before last couple of years. I can't stand so many of them. 

They're just realising how karma feels, these days really. They can suck it up for all I care. 

• Like 3

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

**** them.

6 years later and I’m still absolutely livid about that ‘handball’. Imagine if we got nothing from that game as well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It was pre-VAR, but that one they got for the ball hitting Big Wes' head still pisses me off whenever I think about it. From no angle whatsoever did it remotely look like a handball

That’s the one that is always in my mind, made no sense back then surely you had to be sure to give a pen. It hit him in his face ffs lol absolutely mental. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Feel a bit sorry for Kabak, really tough introduction to the league, young kid who was already low on confidence playing for a shite Schalke team. Going to be tough for him. Is he really the best they could do? I know they were desperate and clubs knew it. Even if it was someone like Tarkowski.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

All my Liverpool mates saying referees, VAR, the FA etc. are all against them in my group chats. Very short memorieslol

I don't think they understand irony. As if every single decision has gone against them for the past 3-4 years... 

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes against us. But running across someone and tripping them up is different to lying on the floor and getting jumped on/over. 

Wasn't his original point, it was that it was unavoidable. Unavoidable isn't an excuse. I actually think the Luiz one is a penalty, but never a red, as he didn't make a challenge, and this one isn't a penalty, but just pointing out being unavoidable isn't an excuse.

Liverpool probably had decisions go against them last season- it's just that they were so far ahead in the table and so good in matches to ensure it didn't affect them. Now it is.

A lot was made of the stuff last week when our goal was given onside (when it was), loads will be made about the penalty but honestly, Liverpool fans will know they weren't up to it tonight.

• Like 1