Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Fernandez is keeping Ollie at the wheel.... Even the lad who lives opposite me agrees, and he's as bias as they get when it comes to yanited. 

Very true he has helped Man U sh*thouse a lot of results since he joined, especially with his cheating. However when he isn’t on form you just see how average they are 

45 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

The dressing room unrest begins, look at their fixtures, Olly's wheels better be screwed on tight it's going to get bumpy...... OK it was one passing verbal disagreement but capitulation has to start somewhere :fc:

I can't wait, they've had too many things go in their favour recently. Was this in last nights game?

• Like 1

The thing is that, currently, 2nd is a pretty impressive position for Man Utd to be in. Their squad is miles behind Man City and probably behind a few others when squads are fully fit. So it’s the best position they could have hoped for realistically. 

They’ve been lucky with injuries this season. I can’t help thinking that if they’d been hit like us or Liverpool have then they’d be in a fight to get top six at best. 

I never begrudge luck with injuries after 2015/16, but I really do hope that they fade. If we get top six it’s a brilliant season. If it was at the expense of that horrible club then it’s a cherry on top of the cake 

• Like 2

Manu could have lost last nite but they hung in their and got a point. Still good for us as they seem incapable of pulling away from the crowd like us. I think they will get battered by city at the weekend. If we can 'somehow' find a way to win against brighton that 3 points will leap frog us above them. even better the gap could grow again beneath us. Hope the hammers, everton, chelski & Liverpool all drop point today!

It's not fabricated at all, Ritchie has apologised for it..... not sure why really as he's spot on!

As horrific as the news and celeb sections of the Mail are, their sport has always been top notch.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Steve Bruce has done fcuk all for football except that video compilation of him making noises sitting down and standing up at press conferences.

“How’s the Bacon, did you say?” 

Assuming you’ve seen this otherwise I look a right freak. 

Ref: 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 2

Just now, AjcW said:

It's not fabricated at all, Ritchie has apologised for it..... not sure why really as he's spot on!

As horrific as the news and celeb sections of the Mail are, their sport has always been top notch.

I know. Some stories look strange when they appear- this didn't.

Bruce has always struck me as somebody who'd have a row with players.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

yeah, by being better at football. Guys so overrated.

Maybe. 

Shows Maguire probably isn't too respected as Manchester United captain. Couldn't have imagined Gary neville calling Keane or Vidic a knobhead back in the day lol

19 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Anyone watching the games today? I was planning on taking a break but can’t help having one eye on the results. Need some good news. :P

Top of my fantasy football league with 12 to go, so I am watching every minute of every game right now! :sweating::fc:

Chelsea Liverpool has a draw written all over it! 

This is just a personal opinion...

I will never wish injury on any players, no matter who, their club, or their (dis)likeability.

I've seen too many players lose at least a portion of their livelihood due to injury, and I hate it every time it happens.  Athletic careers are too short anyway; injuries just take valuable and limited time away.

Wish for red cards to opposition players?  Certainly!  Wish for horrible opposition mistakes leading to easy goals?  Definitely!

Injuries?  No.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lnkstern said:

This is just a personal opinion...

I will never wish injury on any players, no matter who, their club, or their (dis)likeability.

I've seen too many players lose at least a portion of their livelihood due to injury, and I hate it every time it happens.  Athletic careers are too short anyway; injuries just take valuable and limited time away.

Wish for red cards to opposition players?  Certainly!  Wish for horrible opposition mistakes leading to easy goals?  Definitely!

Injuries?  No.

It must be horrible on the mental health of players, especially younger players who get their first major injury and are concerned they might not progress as they wished to.