Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It truly isn't worth it.

I would love to say that the effort is it’s own reward, but....

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wasn’t too bad giving we have players injured and not match fit 

Just having a Saturday afternoon fish mate lol

A couple want to have a nibble... 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Got to love Woody! Reminds me of his "face" goal for us 

I actually think he could still do a job for us, but respect Rodgers has moved away from a "big man no.9" 

He is a much stronger player now than when he was with us. He would barely jump for headers when with us, and was actually a pretty poor target man for a big unit. Now he's a beast who holds it up really well and is great in the air. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Just now, martyn said:

He is a much stronger player now than when he was with us. He would barely jump for headers when with us, now he's a beast who holds it up really well and is great in the air. 

He is a real handful for premier league defenders. Would like to see him in a more attacking team, as curious to see his numbers if he was provided more chances 

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

He is a much stronger player now than when he was with us. He would barely jump for headers when with us, and was actually a pretty poor target man for a big unit. Now he's a beast who holds it up really well and is great in the air. 

Think Burnley are the only Premier League team that suits his game. His lack of pace wouldn't fit with other sides but his height and strength fits a team who play longer and get high crosses in.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

So is the keeper allowed to shove his man over now?

Keepers have always had the protection of the Referees. Look how Ederson cleans players out just because he catches the ball. 

Lay a finger on the keeper though and 99% of the time it's a free kick. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Keepers have always had the protection of the Referees. Look how Ederson cleans players out just because he catches the ball. 

Lay a finger on the keeper though and 99% of the time it's a free kick. 

The one I was referring to looked particularly questionable. Leno shoved Partey and a Burnley player to the floor before catching the ball. It seemed very dodgy.