Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Looked a soft penalty at a glance, makes more contact with the ball than Dunk did against Vardy

If you mean ampadu then I don’t agree - watched it this afternoon aswell and he attempts the tackle and simply misses the ball .....he does then make contact after bringing tella  down ...

That South America thing annoyingly works in favour of our rivals and against us. Would be decent if the other federations followed suit though. I still feel like something at some point will end up having to give in the football calendar to catch up.

Hopefully it's international friendlies and they abolish them forever.

• Like 2

Chelsea win tomorrow or draw? 

A win means the gap to 5th is kept at 7 pts for now, but Everton to have a game in hand. 

A draw and Chelsea are kept at bay as well as Everton, but if Everton win their game in hand (against who?) they'd only be 3 behind. 

Obviously a Leeds win at West Ham afterwards would help too... 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A win means the gap to 5th is kept at 7 pts for now, but Everton to have a game in hand. 

A draw and Chelsea are kept at bay as well as Everton, but if Everton win their game in hand (against who?) they'd only be 3 behind. 

Everton have Villa don't they in their game in hand? Villa also have another game in hand vs Spurs too

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Come on reveal yourselves, bet there are still some who are willing on Manchester Utd today in the hope it keeps us closer to top spot lol

Fully expecting to see this as the day goes on lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Come on reveal yourselves, bet there are still some who are willing on Manchester Utd today in the hope it keeps us closer to top spot lol

Absolutely not. Hoping Man City absolutely destroy them.

Draws in the other games would be great too...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I was wondering if anyone was still deluded enough to want that. I'm all for keeping teams below us below us. Man City's ship has long since sailed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd prefer a Chelsea win.  I don't mind where we finish between 2-4. 

Chelsea winning maintains the gap to fifth which is what we should all be focused on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

I'd prefer a Chelsea win.  I don't mind where we finish between 2-4. 

Chelsea winning maintains the gap to fifth which is what we should all be focused on. 

4th place could possibly have us sweating on Liverpool not winning the CL and Arsenal or Spurs not winning the Europa. Obviously unlikely given current form, but stranger things have happened.

I always think that draws between rivals are better for our prospects. That means only two points have been earned as opposed to the three that a win brings. 

we still have to play at Stamford bridge.  Let them have a point tomorrow and then we have to avoid defeat there to keep it in our hands. 

of course I want yanited to lose ....... Heavily ......

Alright, we’re all United today aren’t we!

Only 12 points behind them with 10 to play it’s anyone’s - let’s go for it!

If they lose today and we beat them at home, and we win our other 9 games and they lose 3 others and Jesus realises he doesn’t want to play for Man  City any more and comes down to heal our injured souls then we only need to overturn a 23 goal difference and it could be our year!!!

Ole’s at the wheel...

• Haha 2

Just now, Aus Fox said:

If they lose today and we beat them at home, and we win our other 9 games and they lose 3 others and Jesus realises he doesn’t want to play for Man  City any more and comes down to heal our injured souls then we only need to overturn a 23 goal difference and it could be our year!!!

Ole’s at the wheel...

Ran out of reps (for the first time ever) but this made me smile. Isn't it your bed time yet?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Ran out of reps (for the first time ever) but this made me smile. Isn't it your bed time yet?

Just deciding whether to go to bed or stay up for the classic that will be Newcastle v WBA. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ole’s at the wheel...

Absolutely! It will be another nil nil, Guardiola will lose it and boot all his players' metatarsals to put them out for a couple of months and he'll have to forfeit every game for the rest of the season. 

Its time to believe.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I was definitely still one of those clinging on until the West Ham game ended last week lol

Also, I really cannot bring myself to want Man Utd to win any Premier League game. I hope Man City put 6 or 7 past them to screw up their goal difference as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I always think that draws between rivals are better for our prospects. That means only two points have been earned as opposed to the three that a win brings. 

we still have to play at Stamford bridge.  Let them have a point tomorrow and then we have to avoid defeat there to keep it in our hands. 

of course I want yanited to lose ....... Heavily ......

Plus the obvious confidence boost a win brings....