Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

From the Sky live report 

90+4: OFF THE POST!!! Somehow Arsenal haven't won this. Ceballos smacks the post! What a final quarter to the game. There's yet more pinball inside the area. Lacazette is sniffing, Mee is on the floor and Ceballos manages to stay calm and curls a wonderful effort towards goal. Pope is beaten but the balls smacks back off the post. Pepe tries to scramble home the rebound but Burnley somehow survive!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

From the Sky live report 

90+4: OFF THE POST!!! Somehow Arsenal haven't won this. Ceballos smacks the post! What a final quarter to the game. There's yet more pinball inside the area. Lacazette is sniffing, Mee is on the floor and Ceballos manages to stay calm and curls a wonderful effort towards goal. Pope is beaten but the balls smacks back off the post. Pepe tries to scramble home the rebound but Burnley somehow survive!

There now needs to be an official enquiry on why a traditional Top 6 club haven't won against a lower EPL team

Just seen Woods goal. Does anyone remember when he scored a similar one for us? I think it was against Watford, the keeper tries to clear the ball and blasts it against Woods and it bounces off him into the net. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That's the one. 

I was there, it was hilarious. We ought to have a thread called 'times football made you laugh out loud'  - that Cup tie in the late 90s at home to Leeds, they absolutely battered us and then we scored 2 late goals. I swear the final whistle was met with laughter!

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

A superb moment on a superb day. Harry the Hornet taking the piss pre-match, that goal, Knockaert scoring. Tremendous.

Wood's celebration was brilliant too. Nothing better than just stand there and annoy them.

Southampton v Sheff United- intriguing game . 

1 point out of 27 for Saints who are in a nose dive . I wonder if those who were hoping Hassenhuttl would take over at City at some point would be prepared to get behind such a run . It’s too much feast or famine with him for me 

39 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Southampton v Sheff United- intriguing game . 

1 point out of 27 for Saints who are in a nose dive . I wonder if those who were hoping Hassenhuttl would take over at City at some point would be prepared to get behind such a run . It’s too much feast or famine with him for me 

You seem to ignore the fact Southampton don't have Quality on the bench to replace their injuries in the squad. So they found it harder to press wth youngsters who playing so quickly in the team.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You seem to ignore the fact Southampton don't have Quality on the bench to replace their injuries in the squad. So they found it harder to press wth youngsters who playing so quickly in the team.

Looks like they're gonna win today but 1 point in 27 is horrific. I've never really understood the hype behind Hasenhuttl at times; he seems to win a few but also go on losing streaks. It's his 100th game in charge today and suffered two 9-0 defeats in that time which is amazing.

Brewster must be high on the list of worst Premier League signings. £23.5 million and no goals in 22 games.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Brewster must be high on the list of worst Premier League signings. £23.5 million and no goals in 21 games.

Was it even a Wilder signing?

Apparently they're looking at getting a DoF in.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah he’s in complete control there at the minute. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I heard he was going to be made "head coach" with a dof, he'll walk if that's the case.

56 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I haven’t ignored anything . I just quoted a statistic and I don’t believe any amount of excuses about lack of cover would wash with most clubs’ managers in the face of a run of results like that