Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Wonder whether Fat Sam will quit before the end of the season to preserve his never been relegated cv, allowing him to scam another club in the shit in the autumn.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It doesn't matter. Fourth is as good as second.

As I've just said a couple of posts above, the reward is the same.

We aren't getting a trophy this year on league position.

As good as the table looks if we're second, I don't care as long as after 38 games we are in the top 4.

If we get Champions League football, nobody looks back and says we got it coming second, or by coming 4th on goals scored.

All that matters is being in the Champions League. 

Why hope to scrape it and be the team others chase? Why not hope to be up there and comfortable? Just because the prize is the same makes it ok? 

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Why hope to scrape it and be the team others chase? Why not hope to be up there and comfortable? Just because the prize is the same makes it ok? 

Because it doesn't matter.

West Ham are in the chasing pack. Them dropping points increases the gap.

It baffles me that people don't see this.

Edit...look at it this way. If you're 17th and trying to stay up, but 16th are playing 18th, what result would you want?

Not a draw. You want 18th to drop points so they don't catch you. You aren't fussed about taking over 16th.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

Just now, tom27111 said:

Because it doesn't matter.

West Ham are in the chasing pack. Them dropping points increases the gap.

It baffles me that people don't see this.

Exactly. The gap to fifth is the most important followed by the gap to fourth (in case the Spurs and Liverpool win the European competitions). Anything else is a bonus

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Might be unpopular ? But i'd like Fulham to stay up! .. would be totally glorious if they took 3 points right now :D.. 

I think it’s pretty popular from what I’ve read. The general consensus seems to be people wanting Newcastle to go. Although it’s not a view I share personally 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Absolutely. 

Especially if it relegates Newcastle. 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I think it’s pretty popular from what I’ve read. The general consensus seems to be people wanting Newcastle to go. Although it’s not a view I share personally 

The funny thing is i dont dislike Newcastle, i sorta feel sorry for them as they 'rolled' the bad owner, they then got in a boss to keep them up and it feels like that was the only expectation :( 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Them to stay up and Newcastle to go down would be perfect 

Newcastle away is the best away of the season. Great city, loads of boozers and the ground in the city centre. Ideal for a weekend, certainly don’t want them to go down. And we always win there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The funny thing is i dont dislike Newcastle, i sorta feel sorry for them as they 'rolled' the bad owner, they then got in a boss to keep them up and it feels like that was the only expectation :( 

I have a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle because I lived up there for quite a while and would go with my mates to the odd game while I was there. I would quite like to see them achieve some of their potential as a club (as long as they stay below Leicester of course). I think the main reason people want them gone is the style of play which I can sympathise with.

I feel they need premier league football to have any chance of getting rid of Ashley and move forwards. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Might be unpopular ? But i'd like Fulham to stay up! .. would be totally glorious if they took 3 points right now :D.. 

Be very popular in my house. Other half will be grumpy if they go down and I'll have to sit through championship football next season, which will make me grumpy.

• Haha 1

Fulham have looked pretty decent this season, overall.

Hope they manage to stay up.

Burnley, somehow, manage to get rather unexpected results and he comfortable in the table.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Exactly this.

Definitely want Man Utd to win tomorrow. 

1st place has gone, it doesn't matter if we come second, third or fourth, the reward is exactly the same.

West Ham losing greatly enhances our chances of finishing in the top four, even if it is detrimental to coming second.

There is a faint possibility that finishing 4th won't guarantee a Champoions League place, so we need to look to finish at least 3rd to be sure.

• Like 1