Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Ok, thats great then, i did use the word 'might' be an unpopular opinion, since i dont spend 24/7 on these forums, reading every persons view :P

Well you need to sort your priorities out then :P

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If you're going to win titles, you have to be shit hot at scoring goals from set pieces. It's the only thing Gareth Southgate has ever said or done that is positive, the difference between success and failure is usually set pieces.

Good point actually ric. The top team in the division is normally fvkcing unreal at pressing and set-pieces. Guess that's what happens when you've got the best (ish) player in the world in each position!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I would prefer potter to parker personally for the England job. (If we are talking English managers)

Unpopular opinion but they are still both miles off Southgate within the game. 

Personally, HUGE fan of Parker. Love the way he's got Fulham playing this year although the table doesn't lie!

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Personally, HUGE fan of Parker. Love the way he's got Fulham playing this year although the table doesn't lie!

Do you mean in terms of how they are viewed from people within the game? Or are you saying that you thing Southgate is better than those two?

42 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Do you mean in terms of how they are viewed from people within the game? Or are you saying that you thing Southgate is better than those two?

Am aware of his reputation from outside the game but within the game GS is well thought of and I agree. His sessions are brilliant and preparation is second to none. Never seen his team-talks so won't comment on that but when people ask for new coaches re england job they should really think about what they're after. Southgate is very, very good. Not saying he's unreal or irreplaceable but is a lot better than people think. Players like him too. I don't know though. People will give me shit for this post but I think he's good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Am aware of his reputation from outside the game but within the game GS is well thought of and I agree. His sessions are brilliant and preparation is second to none. Never seen his team-talks so won't comment on that but when people ask for new coaches re england job they should really think about what they're after. Southgate is very, very good. Not saying he's unreal or irreplaceable but is a lot better than people think. Players like him too. I don't know though. People will give me shit for this post but I think he's good. 

Fair enough. It will be an unpopular opinion I agree but football is full of opinions that’s what’s so great about it. My comment on potter was purely in response to the Parker posts talking him up for the job. If the England post came available tomorrow and an Englishman had to get the job I would pick potter. I think he’s the best of the current crop (who aren’t Southgate).

If I was recruiting an England manager however I would look at foreign managers as I don’t believe any of the English ones are good enough. Antonio Conte is one I would love to see. Passionate, international experience and I reckon his system would suit England’s players. 

6 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

I mean - it worked out, but how was that not a handball?  Not even looked at?  After every single Burnley player immediately appealed?  There's no way they looked at it, because if they did, there's no way they could have ruled that not a handball.  

I'll say it again, challenges need to be incorporated so that incidents don't fall through the cracks.  But whoever is VAR today should be fired on the spot.  

Edit:  Davies & Gomes midfield is championship level

I suspect the problem was the Everton took the goal kick about five seconds after the ball went out which was faster than the referees could think.  And once Everton had restarted the VAR man decided that he couldn't call them back.

Either that or the usual "Burnley aren't allowed penalties" rule came back in.  

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Interesting that people are calling out Potter or Parker for the England job. Their teams are behind those of Bruce, Dyche, Hodgson and Smith yet I don't hear many people calling their names out. 

Does the context not matter at all then? 

Fulham came up in the playoffs during a pandemic. They had the least time to prepare of anyone and had the worst tools to begin with. 

Promoted teams always need time to adjust and the fact that he’s got them as strong as they’ve been recently is a fantastic achievement and he’s clearly a very good manager. 

He’s doing a much better job than most and if they stay up, which I personally suspect they will, I’m sure they will be much stronger team next year. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, kyleolly said:

So Man City play us a couple of days before they potentially play a champions league quarter final, the premier league will be pretty much wrapped up so hopefully they rest a lot of players against us.

When Pep rests the Billion Pound Eleven  ...  he plays the Half-a-Billion Pound Eleven instead.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If you're going to win titles, you have to be shit hot at scoring goals from set pieces. It's the only thing Gareth Southgate has ever said or done that is positive, the difference between success and failure is usually set pieces.

lol we might stay up this season.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I suspect the problem was the Everton took the goal kick about five seconds after the ball went out which was faster than the referees could think.  And once Everton had restarted the VAR man decided that he couldn't call them back.

Either that or the usual "Burnley aren't allowed penalties" rule came back in.  

If they can call it back for Manchester United to get a penalty after the final whistle has blown, I’m sure they could have called it back after a goal kick has been taken.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

If they can call it back for Manchester United to get a penalty after the final whistle has blown, I’m sure they could have called it back after a goal kick has been taken.

It's an absolute disgrace the way VAR is being operated. The way they dismiss the merit of some incidents without having a proper look is a complete joke.

It makes my blood boil when you see some decisions that have been given against some that haven't.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
14 hours ago, David Hankey said:

There is no reason whatsoever why we can't take a leaf out of Man City's book and put the Blades to the sword.

As long as we are not rusty

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And as long as we are sharper than them

Otherwise the knives will be out for Rodgers. Could be a night of the long knives

Edited by StevieLynex