Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

£15m for this guy. Not a bad acquisition tbh. Decent player but will not take Spurs to next level. I guess they need squad fillers. 

Højbjerg seemed to me to be the dream Puel player. Bet Puel would love a midfield of him and Mendy.

47 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The problem is you are either offside or you are not.

You either scrap VAR for offside or you go with its decision. In the majority of cases it has been correct.

All you do is move the point of argument, if you give 10 cm leeway where does the 10 cm start? people are going to be arguing it's not 10cms to his toenail instead!

The other option is we default go with lino decisions unless one of the captains asks for a review, maybe the reviews could be limited per game?

Handball is the bigger issue for me. We had about 10 handball penalties not given for us and about 3/4 the exact same handball given against us (surprisingly mainly for big clubs). Also dives, Vardy goes down in box booked called a diving cheat by pundits, Fenandez or Mane it's a penalty and the pundits say they have been 'clever'. Football has a fundamental bias to the big clubs who already have a huge resource advantage, I am not sure if its intentional or a unconscious but it there and with refs and VAR too. Its absolutely repulsive watching Sky and their big six wankfest. People say it's all because the big six are the biggest audience draw, actually that is wrong the other 66 clubs combined have a bigger audience and if the fans of those clubs get sick of the game, the product is gone. Only the fans of the big six will care about the big six super league.

Watching Dermott Gallagher on Sky defend them became almost comical. The one against Chelsea before the break when Madison crossed the ball behind the Chelsea defender who puts his hand behind him to stop the ball. Not a penalty because the ball went behind him lol.

Mane throws himself to the ground but he's entitled to because there was contact a couple of seconds earlier. Ederson misses the ball and punches Iheanacho, isn't a penalty because contact was inevitable. You couldn't make it up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The problem is you are either offside or you are not.

You either scrap VAR for offside or you go with its decision. In the majority of cases it has been correct.

All you do is move the point of argument, if you give 10 cm leeway where does the 10 cm start? people are going to be arguing it's not 10cms to his toenail instead!

The other option is we default go with lino decisions unless one of the captains asks for a review, maybe the reviews could be limited per game?

Handball is the bigger issue for me. We had about 10 handball penalties not given for us and about 3/4 the exact same handball given against us (surprisingly mainly for big clubs). Also dives, Vardy goes down in box booked called a diving cheat by pundits, Fenandez or Mane it's a penalty and the pundits say they have been 'clever'. Football has a fundamental bias to the big clubs who already have a huge resource advantage, I am not sure if its intentional or a unconscious but it there and with refs and VAR too. Its absolutely repulsive watching Sky and their big six wankfest. People say it's all because the big six are the biggest audience draw, actually that is wrong the other 66 clubs combined have a bigger audience and if the fans of those clubs get sick of the game, the product is gone. Only the fans of the big six will care about the big six super league.

I agree. Adding any leeway to offsides doesn't solve anything - we'll just be arguing about a line 10 cm over from where it used to be like you say. Plus, it becomes a 20cm total free-for-all area where the big clubs get given favourable decisions over everyone else. Made even worse now we're not allowed to even see the lines they're looking at.

2 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

How on earth has Rodgers even been nominated? He doesn’t deserve to be up there when Dyche, Pearson, Nuno, all did better jobs.

77B9D84D-8CEE-4C06-8CBB-F7CB01015FEE.jpeg

Really? I don’t think he should’ve been nominated either but you seriously think Pearson (who lasted what, 10-15 games then got sacked) and Dyche had better overall seasons than Rodgers? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

How on earth has Rodgers even been nominated? He doesn’t deserve to be up there when Dyche, Pearson, Nuno, all did better jobs.

77B9D84D-8CEE-4C06-8CBB-F7CB01015FEE.jpeg

We still finished 5th which nobody expected.

Agree about Dyche but not about Nuno. Wolves haven't had a better season than us, have they? I'd argue Lampard shouldn't be there as they haven't improved from last season.

For me it's Klopp and then Wilder.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We still finished 5th which nobody expected.

Agree about Dyche but not about Nuno. Wolves haven't had a better season than us, have they? I'd argue Lampard shouldn't be there as they haven't improved from last season.

For me it's Klopp and then Wilder.

Only 3 points off us despite more games and still going strong in the Europa league, not bad at all tbh 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Lampard is a weird choice; the club brought their transfers in pre-summer and still had a EL winning squad minus Hazard. 

And tbf Hazards replacement is a Fcuking machine. I think he has the potential to reach Hazards level and maybe supersede it of he can stay injury free. 

Edited by casablancas

17 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Only 3 points off us despite more games and still going strong in the Europa league, not bad at all tbh 

I dunno man. I think neutrals wouldn't think like that. We are probably more harsh because he's here.

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s Chris Wilder end of story. 

Wilder has done an unreal job but for me it's hard to look past winning the league so comfortably.

Winner always usually gets it. I bet Fergie won it most seasons.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wilder has done an unreal job but for me it's hard to look past winning the league so comfortably.

Winner always usually gets it. I bet Fergie won it most seasons.

I know, and I’m sure Klopp will win it but you look at Sheff Uniteds team and it still baffles me he’s kept them up, let alone a top half finish. Klopp and liverpool will take the platitudes but Wilder is by far and away manager of the season for me - not only based on results but also because he’s great value in the press. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

I know, and I’m sure Klopp will win it but you look at Sheff Uniteds team and it still baffles me he’s kept them up, let alone a top half finish. Klopp and liverpool will take the platitudes but Wilder is by far and away manager of the season for me - not only based on results but also because he’s great value in the press. 

Yeah I’m not disagreeing. I think those two are definitely top 2. If we would have finished top 4 then I think Rodgers would have been in with a better shout.

• Like 1

I think we deserve to be in the top 4 for best managers as BR always said only 18 months ago that this is a young team and a growing project. He's taken us to 5th in his 1st season so that's good enough for me.

I have issue with our transfer policy because we need to spend on both 1st team players and squad players as we are in danger of falling behind if we don't. A new training ground is all well and good to entice players but if we are not paying the monies required for signings then we'll go nowhere. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I’m not disagreeing. I think those two are definitely top 2. If we would have finished top 4 then I think Rodgers would have been in with a better shout.

Yeah think it’s a bit off Rodgers has been shortlisted to be honest. I think it just shows a bit of a blinkered view from outsiders that think it’s been class because we’ve finished 5th. Don’t get me wrong it’s a decent finish but the form since Christmas certainly doesn’t warrant any personal awards for the manager in my eyes. 

Who else would be more deserving of being shortlisted though really I suppose? Dyche maybe? Surprised Eddie Howe didn’t get a mention, he nearly kept little old Bournemouth up in the end :ph34r:

Edited by Manini