Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is how Milwall are gonna re-introduce fans into the stadium, thought it was worth a post as most clubs will likely do similar.

So out of a total of 5994 available seats they're going to reserve 600 for the prawn sandwich brigade! :D

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is how Milwall are gonna re-introduce fans into the stadium, thought it was worth a post as most clubs will likely do similar.

Brilliant idea ... follow Millwall's lead on handling re-introduction of fans :rolleyes:

theDen.JPG.b509650b75d37873f7220769ba1890e0.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

And Lampard will again Knock the Amateure & Profi incompetent cynics back into their loud mouth holes....I

Every season...This team from the Top 6, doesn't have "this Player or that player", their Defence can be got at...!!!

But every season the blind Keep waffling on, & on & on.....!!!!   And the top 6 Keep rolling on......

Its like watching "Eggheads"....once in awhile they slip & kanter....but when it counts reliable form & Quality wins outs....

Oh..  I dont like Chelsea as a club. But I respect they have quality running through their club & squad,where weakness are Offset then by others quality.

The same for Manutd....Plus both have 2 young Good serving managers who have higher probable potential...

That depth in squad  quality and the traditional Cache of youth is underestimated every season......

One reason ex-player pundits are disliked..is their Projection of reminding us on every sitting Panel of that fact..!! Never directly but insinuations....

Like it or not their all round Quality and ingrained mental discipline is better....Therefore their mistakes and Slip ups more enjoyable....

Thats Why the Wolves, and the Leicesters ( and from some areas..Yes The Spurs) are enjoyed by the neutrals...

Four of the usual 'top six' really weren't any good last season. It's only because of teams blowing it (mainly us) that they got away with it. They aren't good teams at the minute.

Only two teams in this league are top class although to be fair there's a good case for them being the two best teams in the world.

9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Until Solskjaer goes Man United have no chance of winning the league and I doubt they could come close either.

They got out of jail this season because of a global pandemic, more help from VAR than any other team and a record-breaking number of penalties, and they still only got the same amount of points that they achieved the season before. The fact that this was viewed as a success just shows you how successful the people there have been in lowering standards.

100% truth. I've come to absolutely loathe them this season. Just nothing likeable what so ever. At least Liverpool you can admit for all their flaws are a very good team. Manchester United finishing 3rd sums this season up.

Lockdown probably saved Ole's job, I mean before then United looked nowhere near good enough for a top four finish. However come pre-lockdown United somehow looked one of the most fit in the premier league. Had the season never paused then United would have likely still finished 6th or 7th and Ole would have been sacked. 

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yep. People were going on about that performance at the time but a one off cup game is totally different to a league game.

Lets not forget they still lost as well, to an Arsenal side in real disarray at the time, I remember plenty saying Leeds could win that and they didn't.

I do think they'll stay up but there's a lot of rubbish being written about them - not that it's unexpected. Wolves definitely had a better team.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will see the return of Maurizo Sarri to the premier league at some point this season, didn't do to badly when he last managed in England guided Chelsea to a top four finish aswell lifting the europa league. His style of football though never seemed to warm to the Chelsea fans. Where he would go I'm not sure?

54 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I wonder if we will see the return of Maurizo Sarri to the premier league at some point this season, didn't do to badly when he last managed in England guided Chelsea to a top four finish aswell lifting the europa league. His style of football though never seemed to warm to the Chelsea fans. Where he would go I'm not sure?

Villa would be a good shout.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lets not forget they still lost as well, to an Arsenal side in real disarray at the time, I remember plenty saying Leeds could win that and they didn't.

I do think they'll stay up but there's a lot of rubbish being written about them - not that it's unexpected. Wolves definitely had a better team.

Totally agree. I can’t see them finishing top half. They’re going to need serious investment to break the top ten. 

Tempted myself to back Palace to go down. Odds will be ok, and they’re in a bit of free fall. Potentially losing their one match winner, too. 

Could be a make or break season for our long term ambitions. We have established ourselves as the best of rest, and will be taken seriously next term, but we have to kick on and cement that position now.  At the start of last season, I like many others were excited by the potential of our young squad and thought it a good shout that we could displace one of the traditional top 6 with Utd, spurs and Arsenal in disarray and Chelsea with their transfer ban.  We achieved that and more.

This time around though, it will be tougher as UTD and Chelsea have both strengthened, Liverpool and Man City will remain a country mile above the rest so, with a bit of strengthening this summer I think it will be a straight fight for the Europa places between ourselves, spurs, Arsenal and Wolves, with possibly Everton joining in.

A lot will depend on the business we do this window and how the players, and management, respond to our poor form during the run in of course but anything less than top 6/7 finish and a decent showing in the cups will definitely be a step backwards. We must not have a repeat of 2016/17. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Four of the usual 'top six' really weren't any good last season. It's only because of teams blowing it (mainly us) that they got away with it. They aren't good teams at the minute.

Only two teams in this league are top class although to be fair there's a good case for them being the two best teams in the world.

Perspectives..!! I actually Enjoy football...und I Dong agree with the " one-eyed-jacks". That only See Football from their Bias View points..!!

The Manutd & Chelseas had their problems..but they still played an high % of Quality football....I

I will Never agree with that regular every season  Lazy dropped sentences insinuating that this or that period of the PL isnt so good....Sorry but bollux!!!

The "also rans" have got stronger,they do Play better football..but also clubs like M.City or L'pool can still run Away with it.....Go Deep into any season

and underlying injuries, major known injuries,irritating injuries does make a difference to most teams...the bigger clubs for any given period can usually carry

Injuries and loss of Form simply on all round quality in depth of their squad far better than the clubs Chasing their own new aspirations.....I

The big clubs have & will easily find young bucks from their Youth squads,to hold or take them further through " their" clubs troubled periods....

Since the begining of the PL...I find lower clubs Standards have improved,I dont cynically go Chasing negatives,I look for The positives...

& there are more every season.....The easiest thing chasing negatives,is being content that everything is crap....being blind or just not wanting to see

the good moments,the good football being played...Best example is this forums Proven negative attitude to every Single player who has worn the foxes badge..

From Vardy to Chilwell.....First tell the World to look where they are Making mistakes, but  ignore their avg.-Good-Great moments...!!! 

Leicester will always be my team, but my perspective of Football outside their Elter-skelter form stays positive,and I enjoy Today Football just as much or better

Than the 50s,60s,70s---2014s...

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

STAT OF THE DAY:

Hull City have been awarded 21 penalties in 15 years. 

The same amount Manchester United have been given this season alone.

Yeah I fell for that and it’s not even close to being true. I think they’ve had about 25 penalties in the last 4 seasons.

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Finishing 5th one season after mainly mid table finishes does not establish us as best of the rest

Please could you accompany me to my next party as I'm sick of being labeled as the "miserable one" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1