Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arsenals redundancies according to an Arsenal mate are due to the fact that Wenger had employed lots of people who pretty much did nothing. When it comes to transfers, they end up having more than a dozen people discussing them together, rather than just two or three. I think someone earlier in the thread posted a lot of the scouts and recruitment people are going.

It is a sad situation that obviously people are losing their jobs while they're paying footballers 350k a week, but if the job isn't useful anymore, then it's going to be canned unfortunately. I'd like to think that the billionaire owners or the football squad would club some money together to ensure that all of the individuals who are going to be made redundant will get a decent sized pay off to see them right for the next year or so.

I’d take a hefty wager that they won’t .........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£13.7 million paid in agent fees according to their last accounts 

Arsenal’s recruitment has basically been outsourced to Kia Joorabchian since they hired Kia’s client (Edu) as Technical Director.  Which explains why they burn tens of millions over and over handing not only contracts, but then extensions, to sheer waste like David Luiz & Cedric Soares.

Arsenal will save a couple of million firing scouts and analysts doing an honest job, to pay £13.7M to a “super agent” whose “super” talent is lining his own pockets, at the club’s expense.

While Arsenal’s billionaire owner and this pond scum agent bleed the club dry, Joe Footy Fan gets up in arms about paying market rate for a striker that finished one goal off the Golden Boot.

IMO Joe Footy Fan is overdue to get smarter about the business side of this game.

• Like 2

Everton are more poorly ran than Newcastle. Ashley is a c unt but given they stay up almost all the time with a minimal net spend is a better feat than Everton finishing in the bottom half most seasons. The constant desire to spend loads is misguided yet you see fans desperate for money to be spent as if guaranteed quality when it’s rarely the case. Villa spent heinous amounts on dross when they could have found better value if their scouting was better

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

Jamal Lewis to Liverpool.

Both full backs at Norwich are worth looking at. Would have that Norwich would want more than £10m though.

Liverpool got Robertson from Hull when they went down. Pretty sure he went for less than £10m.

Edited by Fox92

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Wasn't Solskjaer complaining about how much Maguire was playing earlier this season? 

Plays him in a meaningless game tonight.

Can’t stand him. The Babacar Sarr case was in the headlines for all of 30 seconds here and was swept under he carpet. Solskjaer and his agent, Jim Solbakken are awful people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arsenals redundancies according to an Arsenal mate are due to the fact that Wenger had employed lots of people who pretty much did nothing. When it comes to transfers, they end up having more than a dozen people discussing them together, rather than just two or three. I think someone earlier in the thread posted a lot of the scouts and recruitment people are going.

It is a sad situation that obviously people are losing their jobs while they're paying footballers 350k a week, but if the job isn't useful anymore, then it's going to be canned unfortunately. I'd like to think that the billionaire owners or the football squad would club some money together to ensure that all of the individuals who are going to be made redundant will get a decent sized pay off to see them right for the next year or so.

Yeah I heard similar as well. Wenger basically employed so many people who weren't really doing anything. There are departments at the club that are way too large and they need to trim it down. 

Edited by Koke

Arsenal are an absolute mess. Shame they got EL because I was really thinking this could be the start of an almighty slip from their perch. 

We’re losing a traditional top 6 club to relegation in the next couple of seasons. Got a gut feeling. 

17 minutes ago, KFS said:

Arsenal are an absolute mess. Shame they got EL because I was really thinking this could be the start of an almighty slip from their perch. 

We’re losing a traditional top 6 club to relegation in the next couple of seasons. Got a gut feeling. 

No chance, those clubs are bombproof now. There arent any real consequences for mismanagement at the richest clubs these days.

• Like 3

Well Arsenal are a case in point, theyve been ran very badly for at least a decade, yet havent finished lower than 8th and have been in a European final and won more trophies in that time than most clubs have in their history. They haven't spent much and when they have done it's generally been spent badly.

Most of that time they were being propped up by a top manager, but even after Wenger they've gotten worse without it really hurting much. They could afford to take a gamble on a rookie manager - what's genuinely the worst that might have happened under Arteta? 10th and no Europe for a season or two? As it happens he looks pretty decent and I expect them to finish higher than 8th next season.

Edited by ealingfox

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This makes the redundancies even more ridiculous 

Absolutely appalling. I’m sorry but I just can’t abide Arsenal fans saying they’re a big club anymore. This is the business management of a non league setup made worse by the fact that these redundancies are completely avoidable. Then trying to justify putting people out on their arse because the team needs investment; they’ve lied to their fans and their players and should be punished harshly imo.

Edited by Crashtoasted

0% chance any of Liverpool, Man City, United, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal get relegated in the next decade, nevermind next couple of years.

All they have to do is hire a half decent manager and spend 50-60m in January and they'll be fine. I think Ole is a pretty poor manager, yet he's just guided United to 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

0% chance any of Liverpool, Man City, United, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal get relegated in the next decade, nevermind next couple of years.

All they have to do is hire a half decent manager and spend 50-60m in January and they'll be fine. I think Ole is a pretty poor manager, yet he's just guided United to 3rd.

I reckon arsenal could. Arteta is so unproven it’s impossible to say whether he is good or bad. Plus if they lose Aubameyang they could be in big trouble.

Just now, peach0000 said:

I reckon arsenal could. Arteta is so unproven it’s impossible to say whether he is good or bad. Plus if they lose Aubameyang they could be in big trouble.

We will see.

Auba will end up signing a new contract for big money, that's half my point, these clubs can just throw 250k a week at a player who regardless of who is the manager, will guarantee them goals or assists.

When Ozils contract is up next summer they'll have an extra 18m a year or so to spend, they'll be able to sign a class youngster for that or give 3 or 4 of their best players contract extensions.

I dont get this "Arsenal are ran badly" narrative at all, them and spurs are the only self sustaining top 6 club (Pool at a push tbf).In terms of recruitment you could argue, but no club has a consistent 3 decades of flawless recruitment. With the layoffs its unclear what jobs these lads did, I'd imagine the budget assigned to the off field jobs is completely removed from the football side, not defending it mind but the lack of clarity of when fans are allowed back in cant be a huge help to them either.

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

How could it happen? You're underestimating how utterly shite you need to be to go down. It would involve one of these clubs losing more than half their home games at least, and 20-odd games overall, it just wouldn't happen. The standard of player is such that they can be lazy, uninterested and under random strategy and management and they can still turn over most of the bottom half teams easily.

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

How could it happen? You're underestimating how utterly shite you need to be to go down. It would involve one of these clubs losing more than half their home games at least, and 20-odd games overall, it just wouldn't happen. The standard of player is such that they can be lazy, uninterested and under random strategy and management and they can still turn over most of the bottom half teams easily.

They have been getting worse season on season and that’s been with top managers. Now they have a completely inexperienced manager who no one knows whether will be any good or not. That with them losing their best players and recruiting poorly means that I feel it could happen. Nothing’s impossible in football.