Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

The pandemic had little to do with it. 

They got top 4 because Fernandes came in and galvanised the team. Since his signing they are top of the form table.

IMG_20200804_083302.jpg

Look at a few of those above us...yikes we were shite lol

Edited by Jattdogg

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sancho, wonderful player. Seems a bit peculiar however to alter your front three who were excellent in the closing two months of the season. One player is going to get annoyed 

I find it odd when Martial, Greenwood, Rashford all look good and are all young. Martial always seems to look mardy when he comes off, not saying that's a bad thing, but like you say one is gonna be annoyed.

I think Rashford is the weaker out the others.

9 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Only 5 weeks to go until the new season starts. 

When are the fixtures due out? 

I did read a couple days before the Community Shield final but not sure if that's true.

A great day, fixture release day. Such a shame.

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53654387

Newcastle fans throwing a wobbly because the PL have (rightly) said Saudi Arabia can't own them.

If Top sold to them (or any other similar country) I'd be signing a petition to stop it, not wave it through!

Did you see the video of the Newcastle fan who actually went to the PL head office.

Proper weird behavior. 

7 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53654387

Newcastle fans throwing a wobbly because the PL have (rightly) said Saudi Arabia can't own them.

If Top sold to them (or any other similar country) I'd be signing a petition to stop it, not wave it through!

They PL haven’t said that. They withdrew the offer.

15 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Only 5 weeks to go until the new season starts. 

When are the fixtures due out? 

Championship Play Off Final was tonight, congratulations Fulham. 

So now they know who to include they'll presumably start planning the fixtures. 

Reportedly to be released 21st August. 

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Championship Play Off Final was tonight, congratulations Fulham. 

So now they know who to include they'll presumably start planning the fixtures. 

Reportedly to be released 21st August. 

I am pretty sure that the planning starts way before now. However, they will now be in a position to finalise them.

As soon as it was announced to be a Brentford v Fulham final they’d have been able to make plans as it didn’t matter who got through logistically, with them only being 5 miles apart. 

I fully expect the fixtures to be out fairly soon. Mad to think the season starts in 5 weeks!! The Charity Shield is in 3!!

17 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

As soon as it was announced to be a Brentford v Fulham final they’d have been able to make plans as it didn’t matter who got through logistically, with them only being 5 miles apart. 

I fully expect the fixtures to be out fairly soon. Mad to think the season starts in 5 weeks!! The Charity Shield is in 3!!

Good point. Certainly a lot easier logistically than planning trips to Cardiff. The only consideration being Chelsea and Fulham fixtures, they can't both have home games scheduled for the same day as Stamford Bridge is in Fulham not Chelsea.

16 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I find it odd when Martial, Greenwood, Rashford all look good and are all young. Martial always seems to look mardy when he comes off, not saying that's a bad thing, but like you say one is gonna be annoyed.

I think Rashford is the weaker out the others.

I did read a couple days before the Community Shield final but not sure if that's true.

A great day, fixture release day. Such a shame.

I can see Greenwood's future being down the middle with Sancho and Rashford either side. 

Martial is awfully inconsistent and a major confidence player. I'd be surprised if he kicks on from here to have the sort of career United need from a starting 9.

I mean Greenwood may not either but Ole has unwavering faith in him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Good point. Certainly a lot easier logistically than planning trips to Cardiff. The only consideration being Chelsea and Fulham fixtures, they can't both have home games scheduled for the same day as Stamford Bridge is in Fulham not Chelsea.

It’s not just that though, it’s the knock in effect it has for the other London clubs lower down etc 

even with david brooks injuries the kid has everything you want in a premier league footballer, natural balance, great vision, can play with both feet.

I can see a number of clubs looking to buy him, if chilwell was sold, he would be the first player I would move for with the money left over.