Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Leeds will struggle, it's quite a young team there and not a great deal of top flight experience along with a manager whose never managed in the english top flight. Man Utd 15/2 bit generous I think, yep they ended the season on form but seriously third favourites? under Ole with that squad. No I would have though Chelsea would have been higher than them, with Werner now in there attack.

Everton 200/1 under Ancelotti whose won the premier league, pretty harsh.

Edited by Leicesterpool

For me the bottom three next season will be Leeds, West Brom and Crystal Palace. Palace I think is time is due, the form post lockdown was horendous and won't be surprised if that form contuines. Woy despite doing a good job keeping up for so long I think is becoming stale, won't be surprised if there's change their early maybe Eddie Howe stepping in takeover. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

For me the bottom three next season will be Leeds, West Brom and Crystal Palace. Palace I think is time is due, the form post lockdown was horendous and won't be surprised if that form contuines. Woy despite doing a good job keeping up for so long I think is becoming stale, won't be surprised if there's change their early maybe Eddie Howe stepping in takeover. 

Fulham ? 

I agree with the Palace shout but I can't see Hodgson taking them down. He grinds out so many results.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fulham ? 

I agree with the Palace shout but I can't see Hodgson taking them down. He grinds out so many results.

Fulham yeah they will find it hard, I can seem being similar to Villa this season being down their most of the season but somehow survive on the last day. I think Fulham will learn from the mistakes they had when they were last in the premier league. I dunno I just feel Scott Parker will surprise a few, he done a great job last season bringing them back, considering it was his first full season in football with a squad low on confidence.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

Just looking at relegation on SkyBet:

Fulham 10/11

WBA 11/10

Villa 2/1

Palace, Newcastle 9/4

Burnley 5/2

Brighton, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, West Ham 4/1

Southampton 7/1

Everton 25/1

LCFC, Wolves 40/1

46 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

No I would have though Chelsea would have been higher than them, with Werner now in there attack.

Chelsea's defence is a absolute garbage though, they are probably going to need to outscore the opposition. Franke boy geeza doesnt seem interested in signing defenders and wants to sell Kante who protected the defence for them last season. 

Dont get Leeds, other than that it's about right. All the teams out of the Championship stumbled up nothing more. As long as we get over our shit form relegation is between the promoted clubs, villa, palace and I think Sheff Utd will have 2nd season syndrome.

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Too early to call on palace. 

They genuinely need to sell zaha. If they can get a good fee and buy 3/ 4 20mill players with it then they could be a decent enough side. 

I agree with this tweet. If Chelsea are planing on signing defenders and defensive midfielders and a goal keeoer then they will end spending over £250m. If not, then I can see a lot of pain for them next season 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I agree with this tweet. If Chelsea are planing on signing defenders and defensive midfielders and a goal keeoer then they will end spending over £250m. If not, then I can see a lot of pain for them next season 

Really accurate post. They're stockpiling attacking players, yet lack any defensive cover. 

Without Azpi their defence was woefully open, and they can't rely on Caballero in goal.

Their stockpile of midfielders are generally average (minus Kante). Last night highlighted it, Barkley and Mount would be in line with Abraham in attack, whilst Kante and Kovacic occupied the same space. The huge gap in their midfield was telling. 

This season will be a huge season for Lampard. Having spent big on Werner and Ziyech they need to perform.

The media love in for Leeds returning has already been a piss take. 

I'll be the first to admit its a better fixture than Fulham or West Brom or most of the same old usual shit, but if they start doing well my hatred for them wont take long to come back.

Next season is going to be an interesting test for Bielsa, and not just because he's in the Premier League.

Very short turnaround combined with his all-action, intense pressing approach could do really really well in the short term, but come Christmas when fixtures pile up, they'll be shattered. Bit like us really!

I'm not convinced they have the quality to right the ship once the wind goes out if their sails though. Still, plenty of time for a few transfers to change that.