Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Halifax Fox said:

If it's Liverpool Arsenal Man City come back in last eight minutes from 3 down all analysis would focus on the comeback team. West Ham will get not much mention because it'll all be about Spurs.

The hype surrounding Bale puts Spurs in the spotlight today - the absurd second half performance was the story 

23 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And before you go off in search of a stream, ladies and gentlemen, your pre-match entertainment for tonight...

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-hotspur-v-west-ham-sunday-18th-october-16-30.37583/page-121#post-2536197

(Viewer discretion is advised) 

Blimey, those chaps are rather fond of the C word, aren't they?   lol

Bunch of c*nts.

I know there is a difference between being fit and match fit, but is it just me that finds it beyond ridiculous that one of the highest paid footballers on the planet needs a month or so to get fit enough to play? And I don't mean this in a "the more you're paid the fitter you should naturally be" sort of way, more just how has he allowed himself to get so unfit in the first place?

On 18/09/2020 at 08:53, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Personally I can’t understand why having Gareth Bale would be a bad thing.

If he was content playing golf, then why would he bother?

He may have a great swing, but his club selection clearly needs work.

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

I know there is a difference between being fit and match fit, but is it just me that finds it beyond ridiculous that one of the highest paid footballers on the planet needs a month or so to get fit enough to play? And I don't mean this in a "the more you're paid the fitter you should naturally be" sort of way, more just how has he allowed himself to get so unfit in the first place?

It is strange how Harry Kane wasn't match fit in midweek yet managed to create one and score two in 15 minutes today.

Players have too many excuses for not performing.

Beautiful how Liverpool fans are still kicking off this morning about VAR, calling for the police to get involved with the Pickford challenge, starting a petition to get the officials sacked and just generally being bitter bastards. One game where VAR costs them and they're up in arms, after Salah and Mane have dived their way through the last 18 months, unreallol

Reaction to the Van Dijk has been ridiculous but totally expected. You'd think he's the first person to ever be injured from a tackle.

Pickford should've been sent off, should probaby still receive the 3-game ban but you can't change the rules for one decision. Van Dijk incredibly unlucky to be seriously injured but that's football, move on. 

• Like 4

The Pickford / Van Dijk incident  wasn’t the first bad tackle we have seen go unpunished but clearly highlighted more due to the teams and players involved.

I’d suggest the lack of action taken was down to poor refereeing rather than VAR itself.

Not the first time Mr Coote has let an awful tackle go.
Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Reaction to the Van Dijk has been ridiculous but totally expected. You'd think he's the first person to ever be injured from a tackle.

Pickford should've been sent off, should probaby still receive the 3-game ban but you can't change the rules for one decision. Van Dijk incredibly unlucky to be seriously injured but that's football, move on. 

Glad it wasn't just me to feel the same.  Shame he's injured, but you'd have thought he'd been diagnosed with some life limiting condition given the tributes that have come pouring in.

• Like 1

Had this been in the Sheffield United v Fulham game for example you would have got about 5 minutes of coverage and a small section in the papers.

Instead it’s probably the one player Liverpool couldn’t afford to lose given Gomez has been shaky and Matip injury prone so it’s not just a talking point for now but affects their future.

Plus it was the derby game and he did get injured ed by an unpopular England player.

Richarlison could have badly injured the Liverpool player with his tackle but didn’t and got sent off which makes me think had Oliver seen the other incident or been told to see it at the screen Pickford would have been sent off.

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Totally agree! There wasn't this much media attention when Ederson nearly took Kelechi's head off or injured Harvey. I feel for VVD but jeez I'm bored of hearing about it. Liverpool have one injury - we have how many! 🙄🤪

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Beautiful how Liverpool fans are still kicking off this morning about VAR, calling for the police to get involved with the Pickford challenge, starting a petition to get the officials sacked and just generally being bitter bastards. One game where VAR costs them and they're up in arms, after Salah and Mane have dived their way through the last 18 months, unreallol

If it had been Adrian on Yerry Mina, the fuss would be nowhere near this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They were wishing injury on Everton players prior to the game, now it's the other way around they're wanting police action:rolleyes:

So much of their nasty, hypocritical behaviour gets brushed under the carpet. Some of the least dignified and spiteful fans around.