Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

We're still not seen as one of the 'big six' yet by the BBC.

Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 27, has been offered to the Premier League's big six - Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City and Arsenal. (90 Min)

Put it this way, I'd be amazed if less than 70 points gets top 4 this season, in fact t I think our points total from last season might pitch us about 7th this season so any improvement on the points total of last season is an achievement I'd be content with, plus a right old push at the EL.

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 27, has been offered to the Premier League's big six - Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City and Arsenal. (90 Min)

Not to shocked at that when you consider the wedge he is on. 

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Still got to love the big 6 term especially when looking at their major honours since the start of 2000 (almost 21 years ago).

Man U - 8 premier leagues, 2 fa cups, 4 league cups, 1 champions league, 1 europa league

Liverpool - 1 premier league, 2 fa cups, 

3 league cups, 1 uefa cup, 2 champions leagues

Chelsea - 4 premier leagues, 6 fa cups, 3 league cups, 1 champions league, 2 europa leagues

Man City - 4 premier leagues, 2 fa cups, 5 league cups

Arsenal - 2 premier leagues, 7 fa cups

Spurs - 1 league cup

In that period, we've won the premier league and league cup, Wigan have won the FA Cup and Birmingham and Swansea have won a league cup each.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Klopp can suck on my big hairy toe....

Laugthable thing is pretending he gives two shits about the national team

Yes a german who constantly makes snide remarks about england gives two shits about the national team, my ****ing  arse he does.

Fergie used to say this as well funnily enougth.

I don't love Lampard but I loved him giving it back to klopp on the touchline in the summer, their bench constantly shouts the odds off.

45 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Well we really aren’t 

financially we are mid table ....below Everton and West Ham on income/expenditure and likely soon Aston Villa as their wage bill increases 

13 hours ago, twister said:

england never learn do they 

''oh isnt coady a nice fella he should play for england''

Apart from the fact he has no pace and is liable to howler if turned on his wrong foot

He is ok in a deep lying back five but for me he isn't a england player

If we pick him he will make the same errors against a france or portugal. put my life earnings on it sadly.

If Southgate gave us much thought and analysis into his team selection as even this very brief assessment we might actually achieve something . I would give Southgate credit for considering a player from outside the 4 clubs he usually draws his teams from but of course he would choose a duffer 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Why would we be? We've got significantly smaller resources, stadium and fanbases than all 6 of them. They have decades of success/exposure at the highest level and overall more trophies and recent silverware. 

Yes we obviously won the league and have finished above some of them in recent years, but we'd need to finish top 6 consistently for 5+ years to even be considered as a gatecrasher

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Not to shocked at that when you consider the wedge he is on. 

Personally I am shocked that a Team that is currently lying 15th in the EPL table is still considered to be a Big 6 member.  I can see the other 5 voting them out shortly.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Someone should come up with a name for the six clubs in the Premiership with enough money to buy a £70 million player

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Personally I am shocked that a Team that is currently lying 15th in the EPL table is still considered to be a Big 6 member.  I can see the other 5 voting them out shortly.

It has nothing to do with league table position....realise it was facetious, but how about this table instead

Ranking of English Premier League teams popularity (stadium-maps.com) 

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Still got to love the big 6 term especially when looking at their major honours since the start of 2000 (almost 21 years ago).

Man U - 8 premier leagues, 2 fa cups, 4 league cups, 1 champions league, 1 europa league

Liverpool - 1 premier league, 2 fa cups, 

3 league cups, 1 uefa cup, 2 champions leagues

Chelsea - 4 premier leagues, 6 fa cups, 3 league cups, 1 champions league, 2 europa leagues

Man City - 4 premier leagues, 2 fa cups, 5 league cups

Arsenal - 2 premier leagues, 7 fa cups

Spurs - 1 league cup

In that period, we've won the premier league and league cup, Wigan have won the FA Cup and Birmingham and Swansea have won a league cup each.

So we've won more than Spurs then :D

Also Portsmouth have won the fa cup since 2000. Also Blackburn and Boro have won the League Cup.

And I missed it, but you missed one of Chelsea's league titles, its 5. 

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Why would we be? We've got significantly smaller resources, stadium and fanbases than all 6 of them. They have decades of success/exposure at the highest level and overall more trophies and recent silverware. 

Yes we obviously won the league and have finished above some of them in recent years, but we'd need to finish top 6 consistently for 5+ years to even be considered as a gatecrasher

Fully agree with this. IMO we need to finish up there consistently for a few more seasons. However, it's definitely all about perception. Having a reasonable level of interaction with Fulham supporters due to the other half's support. Something which struck me after the disaster on Monday. Whilst their supporters were delighted with a win due to their difficult league position, it was also the quality opposition and big scalp they were pleased with.  The majority had the view that we are a 'proper top 6 team' and I underestimate our position, achievement and standing. So, although I begged to differ but agreed it was an ambition. I found it interesting to get the thoughts of other fans with no bias regarding us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

It has nothing to do with league table position....realise it was facetious, but how about this table instead

Ranking of English Premier League teams popularity (stadium-maps.com) 

This table certainly demonstrates just how far 'little old Leicester' have progressed over the recent years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

If Southgate gave us much thought and analysis into his team selection as even this very brief assessment we might actually achieve something . I would give Southgate credit for considering a player from outside the 4 clubs he usually draws his teams from but of course he would choose a duffer 

Its not a brief view I have watched every wolves game this year

He is fine in a low block but if you push a back four or five with him in it he is liable to being done on the half turn for pace

I just think while a good player he is not a player you would start with confidence against true pace. antonio took him apart for west ham earlier this season

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Sky’s six?

Hmmm... it's certainly shorter.

But it doesn't really convey the relative size of those six clubs. I mean, they're much larger in terms of revenue/spending power, have more historic top flight points, have a larger fan base and more sizeable stadia (with the attendant social media reach) than all the other clubs by quite some margin.

'Large six' is getting there, but I think it could be snappier still.

Leave it with me.

• Haha 1