Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

Finishing top 4 will be a real struggle. Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and Chelsea. Can't see any of these dropping out tbh. Then there's Man Utd who can turn it on and go on a run. 

Chelsea I'm not entirely convinced about. They tend to lose or draw with the clubs around them and I wonder the longer they last in the CL the harder it'll become. Man Utd are infuriating because they seem to scrape wins when they don't really deserve it. I would normally hope it will balance out over the season but knowing ManU it probably wont.  

Unless we're in a really strong champions League position again, I will take a top 6 and European qualification. 100%. I just want a European trip next season, even if it's the qualifying rounds. 

Better to win the Europa and qualify rather than finish 4th anyway lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Unless we're in a really strong champions League position again, I will take a top 6 and European qualification. 100%. I just want a European trip next season, even if it's the qualifying rounds. 

Better to win the Europa and qualify rather than finish 4th anyway lol

Agreed.

Spurs, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea are looking too consistent and Man Itd seemed to have creeped up to 5th with a game in hand without anyone noticing. Our rivals this season will be the likes of Everton, Arsenal, Wolves and maybe Southampton.

england never learn do they 

''oh isnt coady a nice fella he should play for england''

Apart from the fact he has no pace and is liable to howler if turned on his wrong foot

He is ok in a deep lying back five but for me he isn't a england player

If we pick him he will make the same errors against a france or portugal. put my life earnings on it sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Brilliant cross. Shame Trent hasn't looked like doing that for England. 

I know their excited but that guy celebrating the 4th is a bit much lol

They've not been in grounds for 9 months. Any fan is entitled to celebrate every single goal as they see fit!

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

Chelsea I'm not entirely convinced about. They tend to lose or draw with the clubs around them and I wonder the longer they last in the CL the harder it'll become. Man Utd are infuriating because they seem to scrape wins when they don't really deserve it. I would normally hope it will balance out over the season but knowing ManU it probably wont.  

Unfortunately Chelsea got too much firepower upfront. I expect them to finish above us quite comfortably. Its United that infuriate me. But even if we ignore United, we cant look past Spurs, Man City and Liverpool for top 4. 

Finish 5th or 6th and go deep in EL and its been a good season.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

I expect Arsenal will be mediocre for some time.

They fired most of their scouts and promoted Edu to Technical Director -- who’s emptying the bank for his own agent’s most geriatric clients.  Willian is on the first year of an expensive deal and already near-worthless.   Arteta is no longer fooling anyone.

They may need to hit bottom to recognize they need a new DoF, new manager, and new players.  And without European football, their budget isn’t remotely big enough for such a comprehensive rebuild.

Yeah they are done for the foreseeable as far as I'm concerned. With Aubameyang playing like he is theres nothing that can get them into the higher reaches of the table. Mediocre players throughout the squad,, a board who dont give a toss and a manager who isnt good enough. Arteta probably isnt much worse than solskjaer or Lampard in reality but he will not be given 100s of millions to spend to cover for his inadequacies.  The 'SKY big 6' is finished. Itl be the big 5 next season.

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That wasn't a red card for me. Maguire one against Chelsea was much worse and he never even got a card (surprise surprise) did he?

Just seen Pereira's red card on Match of the Day and reminded me of the one Maguire got away with. Crazy that he wasn't punished for that.

Klopp has the best pr team around for me, he aint this great bloke he is made out to be.

Got his teeth fixed made himself out to be this lovable working class rouge while on millions of pounds a year

He runs around the touchline screaming like a maniac most weeks while bitching about officials in most post match interviews.

He rarley gives opposition teams credit, bitched about pulis early on, then had a go at various other teams. Never gave any praise to simeones team properly when they beat him

great coach dont like him as a person

• Like 2

6 hours ago, twister said:

Klopp has the best pr team around for me, he aint this great bloke he is made out to be.

Got his teeth fixed made himself out to be this lovable working class rouge while on millions of pounds a year

He runs around the touchline screaming like a maniac most weeks while bitching about officials in most post match interviews.

He rarley gives opposition teams credit, bitched about pulis early on, then had a go at various other teams. Never gave any praise to simeones team properly when they beat him

There is no doubt that Klopp is passionate about his team & his task. He is similar to Mourinho in that he uses the media to distract attention away from his players. I like him a lot.

13 hours ago, l444ry said:

Mourinho has created a very dangerous animal in Spuds. Hope Brendan doesn't fall into the same trap that most Managers do when we play them. He won't come out of his defensive shell for anyone so Brendan and Leicester must be ultra defensive and not blink first or they'll suck us in and spit us out. 

Thankfully the pragmatic approach that Rodgers has now rested upon this season means this is probably the most equipped we'll be to get a result against them, but they are also much better this season so it will be tough. 

Hopefully Ricardo and Castagne are back the week before Xmas and then by the Spurs game be ready to both start.

8 hours ago, twister said:

Yeah, total penis. His dismissive comments of us when we beat them 2-0 with that Vardy thunderbastard was enough evidence he was going to be like this.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately Chelsea got too much firepower upfront. I expect them to finish above us quite comfortably. Its United that infuriate me. But even if we ignore United, we cant look past Spurs, Man City and Liverpool for top 4. 

Finish 5th or 6th and go deep in EL and its been a good season.

Liverpool will be up there, too good a team even with injuries. Man City will find their feet and be Top 4. Chelsea even though not majorly impressive have a knack of winning games and as you say, strong power up front. Man U even though they are average still have some individual quality and most importantly, know how to get over the line with 3 points. Tottenham are looking good at the moment but are a couple of injuries away from falling off the pace. To me that Top 5 is fairly set. We are scrapping for 6th in a very competitive environment. West Ham, Everton, Southampton, Wolves, you could arguably throw another team or two in there too. I said before the start of the season we will have our hands full to get Top 10. However, we have had a decent start to the season, let's hope we can continue picking up points and we could challenge for Europe again.

Then of course we have the EL to challenge in. The next 2 months will be massive to give us a comfortable points/league position so that we can challenge hard in the EL without worrying about the PL game following.