Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I don't realistically think we'll win the league but we've been top 4 (all bar the week the season finished and it counted) since Aug 2019, we've probably as much chance as Man U though. Same Sky $hite

That is such an intersting point about being in the top 4 for the past 16 months (bar 1 week thanks to 93 Man U penalties)

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

If we didn't have VAR, if we weren't looking for it, nobody would ever know. Those Leeds fans would have just been pissed off they missed a penalty and got on with their lives.

And I could live these petty little things, looking for the smallest margin of error, if it actually improved anything. But all its done is prove that even with the help of numerous replays, our referees are still incompetent.

Before VAR that what people want improvements on, the big decisions, they things that get missed, nobody ever spoke about a keeper being a mm off his line during a pen, nobody ever spoke about those offsides that are level to the naked eye, where a toenail, or an armpit were off. They wanted consistency over handball, fouls, red cards etc, and we haven't got that. We're nowhere near.

I dont get it though, I mean I suppose you're just fully anti-VAR anyway which is fine but since its here now, what do you want to happen? Them watch Fabianski break the rule and decide "naaahh, he's off his line but only by a tiny bit, we'll just let it go"...? VAR bugs me at times but I don't get how it can be criticised for applying the law correctly, 1mm offside is still offside.

26 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Especially that twat Bruno Fernandes.🤬🤬

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s a very good point. A rule needs to be implemented to prevent this. 

Not even mainly him. A keeper has to remain completely unmoved throughout the entire run up and then dive after it being kicked. If a keeper gambles the right way, they're penalised for moving a tad early, making it almost impossible to miss

Crazy how the penalty is retaken when the keeper is 5mm off his line, but if you look at the retake one of the Leeds players is encroaching at least two yards inside the box before the kick is taken and they do nothing.

5 minutes ago, Sjf123 said:

Crazy how the penalty is retaken when the keeper is 5mm off his line, but if you look at the retake one of the Leeds players is encroaching at least two yards inside the box before the kick is taken and they do nothing.

The encroachers weren't involved so it makes no difference

35 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I dont get it though, I mean I suppose you're just fully anti-VAR anyway which is fine but since its here now, what do you want to happen? Them watch Fabianski break the rule and decide "naaahh, he's off his line but only by a tiny bit, we'll just let it go"...? VAR bugs me at times but I don't get how it can be criticised for applying the law correctly, 1mm offside is still offside.

I want it to pause that once and look at it, and if you can't tell from that its too close to call and leave it as it is. Same with offsides, if you can't tell on the first replay, without lines, then leave it, its not worth messing around with.

And yeah actually I would like them to leave this stuff alone until they can actually nail down a way to sort out what is the real issues in the post I mentioned above. Once we've learnt to use it on them properly, then we can start messing around with tight offsides that take 3 minutes to check. Like I said earlier, all the pissing about trying to find something wrong in those situations might be a bit easier to swallow if they were actually using it properly for major incidents.

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not even mainly him. A keeper has to remain completely unmoved throughout the entire run up and then dive after it being kicked. If a keeper gambles the right way, they're penalised for moving a tad early, making it almost impossible to miss

Unless you're Ademola Lookman.

9 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The encroachers weren't involved so it makes no difference

Sorry, but that's not the rule. It doesn't matter if they're involved or not, the rule is that if the attacking players encroach then the penalty is supposed to be retaken again. You can't penalise the goalkeeper then ignore the encroachment.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sjf123 said:

Sorry, but that's not the rule. It doesn't matter if they're involved or not, the rule is that if the attacking players encroach then the penalty is supposed to be retaken again. You can't penalise the goalkeeper then ignore the encroachment.

If you're right, which I don't think you are, then illegal penalties get taken every week

5 minutes ago, Sjf123 said:

I hate to break it to you but it absolutely is the rule. The encroacher has to touch the ball for it to be re-taken. It's happened against us before too. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I hate to break it to you but it absolutely is the rule. The encroacher has to touch the ball for it to be re-taken. It's happened against us before too. 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

There's a handy table there too. I'm not saying the rules are great, but if they're going to penalise the goalkeeper for being 5mm off his line then they should also apply the rules for the attacking players too.

34 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What is with West Ham, when they buy a foreign player for 10's of millions, he plays great for awhile and scores some goals and you think wow they bought a hreat player who was under the radar but then turns s*** in the 2nd season

Just like Everton . When we were perpetually linked with those 2 clubs for nearly every possible signings we very rarely if ever lost out on a good prospect . If they were any good we made sure we signed them if not they ended up there 

• Like 1