Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He really pushed for that move too. The narrative that he behaved impeccably isn't really true - he sulked for most of that summer. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Always annoys me that the “leaked” convo he had with Vichai regarding his move came out in the press twice during the saga. A bit of class and integrity, that convo should never have been public knowledge given it was used to apply pressure on the Leicester board and more specifically Vichai’s son who was still very much grieving. I don’t mind ex-players like Kante and Mahrez doing well as even though they left and in Mahrez case he tried to apply pressure. That move from Maguire (his team) was below the belt and left a bad taste in my mouth. The “free” £80m softens my position somewhat :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Always annoys me that the “leaked” convo he had with Vichai regarding his move came out in the press twice during the saga. A bit of class and integrity, that convo should never have been public knowledge given it was used to apply pressure on the Leicester board and more specifically Vichai’s son who was still very much grieving. I don’t mind ex-players like Kante and Mahrez doing well as even though they left and in Mahrez case he tried to apply pressure. That move from Maguire (his team) was below the belt and left a bad taste in my mouth. The “free” £80m softens my position somewhat :)

The fact he is utter dog muck for United softens mine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

That's backed up by their expected goals standing - they should be higher in the table based on this. Tottenham and Southampton in particular are overperforming, thanks to the incredible finishing of Son, Ings and Ward-Prowse so far and the expectation is that they will revert to the mean. Sheffield United are underperforming hugely, it's their finishing that's letting them down massively, as well as Brighton. 

As well as the issue that you mentioned, the big problem for Brighton is they're not taking their chances upfront and they're conceding more than expected too - their overall play is good but Ramsdale and their strikers are underperforming. 

They won't be easy, we'll need to be on it against them. 

Yep - that would explain why they're underperforming.

(I must admit, though, that I'm not entirely sure that anyone could blame Sheffield United's goalkeeper for Brighton's poor defensive record).

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I have no problem with Mahrez or Kante sulking/forcing a move because over time memories of mahrez waiting around at an airport on transfer deadline day will fade. But the memory of the clubs greatest season in a 136 years will live on! 

All Harry Maguire had to show for his 2 seasons here was a couple of 9th place finishes. 

PS I wouldn't read too much in to the Vicahi stuff agents are some of the most dispicaple, unscrupulous people on earth. You can't really judge footballers by their agents. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He really pushed for that move too. The narrative that he behaved impeccably isn't really true - he sulked for most of that summer. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Please explain buddy because you clearly know more than the rest of us. I can only assume you are a close family friend or his agent or perhaps the chairman of the football club. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Please explain buddy because you clearly know more than the rest of us. I can only assume you are a close family friend or his agent or perhaps the chairman of the football club. 

Abrasive seems to have a decent insight into the club, you can either believe it or not. I doubt he'll reveal information that would get himself or anyone else in trouble.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That move from Maguire (his team) was below the belt and left a bad taste in my mouth. The “free” £80m softens my position somewhat :)

I think it was actually quite a bit more than that once add-ons are applied (such as UCL qualification). 

On 09/12/2020 at 11:29, surrifox said:

They do have a few decent players though 

Brighton will be another team that sit deep and we will have to break them down if we are going to get anything out of this game.

We need to get at them from the off before they have time to settle, we are giving away to many point to teams in the bottom half of the league.

10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Brighton will be another team that sit deep and we will have to break them down if we are going to get anything out of this game.

We need to get at them from the off before they have time to settle, we are giving away to many point to teams in the bottom half of the league.

If we play 5 at the back against Brighton I think we will lose. I’m not just generically bashing the system but simply because of how they play. I think they will just sit a bit deeper on Vardy and our chances will be limited. They however, always create chances and with our defensive woes, I’m sure they could score. 

Go into this with a strong front line and I think our quality will be too much for them. 

On a different note. Kante finally being played in his proper position again and showing everyone his god like ability. Top of the interceptions chart already. I love Wilf but my god Kante truly is the GOAT at what he does. Probably the best player to ever play for us. Love the wee guy. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1