Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Not too impressed by West Ham. They are a slow, defensive team even when they are attacking. They don't create advantage in numbers when on the attack, they neither storm the opposing team nor switch defensive assignments fast enough for my liking. struggle with triangular passes down the flanks. But hey, their manager is getting results and has a long history of PL success so who am I to criticize him.

Bowen is a nice player although a bit slow. Should work much better with a RWB and a CAM like Lanzini. Benrahma has bags of skill but isn't on the same wavelength as his teammates yet. I struggle to rate Rice atm. Others are OK. Nothing too outstanding.

Just now, the fox said:

Not too impressed by West Ham. They are a slow, defensive team even when they are attacking. They don't create advantage in numbers when on the attack, they neither storm the opposing team nor switch defensive assignments fast enough for my liking. struggle with triangular passes down the flanks. But hey, their manager is getting results and has a long history of PL success so who am I to criticize him.

Bowen is a nice player although a bit slow. Should work much better with a RWB and a CAM like Lanzini. Benrahma has bags of skill but isn't on the same wavelength as his teammates yet. I struggle to rate Rice atm. Others are OK. Nothing too outstanding.

I really liked rice when he first came onto the scene .....then he regressed and I thought I’d got it wrong but over the past six months he has really impressed me again .....I don’t think he will be at West Ham for too much longer .....

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

Forest doesn't have anywhere near the appeal or fan base as Leeds have. 

Agreed. Leeds were Sky's Football League golden boy for 15 years (apart from Newcastle's couple of seasons).

Leeds had the biggest appeal outside the Premier League.

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I really liked rice when he first came onto the scene .....then he regressed and I thought I’d got it wrong but over the past six months he has really impressed me again .....I don’t think he will be at West Ham for too much longer .....

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and does a proper interview so he wins a few points for that. I'm torn on him because of his play style. The CM position gets me the most emotional. I don't like the jack of all trades, master of non midfielders. They limit the team's potential. Probably my favourite non-prem team to watch atm is Milan. I could watch Kessie and Bennacer play all day (especially Bennacer). That's what I can call a midfield partnership and IMO, they are the best midfield partnership in the world. I still have hope for Rice because  of a few glimpses of brilliance every game. I hope he improves past the description of "a hard-working player with good character", the footballing equivalent of the American " gym rat" term. 

12 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Wolves playing 4 at the back today?

They played 4 at the back against Arsenal as well I believe. Neves dropped to the bench so Moutinho and Dendonvker can play as a double pivot 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Is he actually a mid table manager though? This is a guy who got Everton finishing 4th, 5th and 6th during his reign at Goodison.

His Everton team back then was very underrated, his current West Ham side could well be going in that type of direction.

West Ham’s problem over the years has been over spending on luxury players.

The few signings he has made since returning to West Ham, Soucek, Bowen and Coufal has been very astute business.

They deserve credit as to what they’ve produced so far this season, his game plan worked perfectly against us for example.

He did well at Everton granted, but he failed at Man Utd.

All these theories about how he was doomed from the start are exactly that imo - theories. He inherited a side that won the league by a clear distance the season before and United dropped to 7th the season after whilst he was in charge. His signing of Fellaini whether it was down to him or not was a panic buy that didn't fit the calibre of player United should be targeting. He had some great players there still, but couldn't manage them to produce a style. 

His spell at Real Sociecad and Sunderland were terrible and he's redeemed himself at West Ham but you consider they've spent more than us and we've consistently finished in better positions in the league and Cup competitions and it makes you think how good he actually is. 

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That's a stone wall penalty for me. 

No shock that Peter Walton backs the referee up. Total waste of time having him.

I’m absolutely lost as to what they think is a penalty now. That looked pretty bloody obvious as he motioned the arm to the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and does a proper interview so he wins a few points for that. I'm torn on him because of his play style. The CM position gets me the most emotional. I don't like the jack of all trades, master of non midfielders. They limit the team's potential. Probably my favourite non-prem team to watch atm is Milan. I could watch Kessie and Bennacer play all day (especially Bennacer). That's what I can call a midfield partnership and IMO, they are the best midfield partnership in the world. I still have hope for Rice because  of a few glimpses of brilliance every game. I hope he improves past the description of "a hard-working player with good character", the footballing equivalent of the American " gym rat" term. 

Best in the world........ 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m absolutely lost as to what they think is a penalty now. That looked pretty bloody obvious as he motioned the arm to the ball.

Completely agree. 

Guaranteed penalty if playing against United or Liverpool