Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, The Bear said:

We should have won that. Our lack of goals kills us again (and a shit refs decision).ย 

Villa beat us at KP too, they are a much tougher nut to crack than last season. still you must be the only side in the league worse than us at breaking down a defence and at least our slow build-up is sort of pretty to watch even if equally uneffective as Wolves slow side to side to side to side stuff.ย 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

We should have won that. Our lack of goals kills us again (and a shit refs decision).ย 

You didn't create anything. Difficult to lay the blame on your front 3 when Neves and Moutinho play side to side all game.

Nobody in your team wants to pick the game by the scruff of it's neck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They're just so dull... so ****ing dull, deserved that. Semedo is so overrated lolย 

Wolves are so boring.ย People take the piss out of the likes of Burnley but Wolves create little, if anything. Boring away day too. Wouldn't be bothered if they went down.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Wolves are so boring.ย People take the piss out of the likes of Burnley but Wolves create little, if anything. Boring away day too. Wouldn't be bothered if they went down.

I don't mind them staying up, got plenty more i'd rather lose! Just be quite pleased when project Portugal is over! Portugal as a national team bore me too so it's hardly surprising.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

On a different topic, I think Soccer Saturday is much better now. Even Merson has toned it down.

ย 

I've always preferred a more insightful football show than the "lads bantz" type nonsense

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You didn't create anything. Difficult to lay the blame on your front 3 when Neves and Moutinho play side to side all game.

Nobody in your team wants to pick the game by the scruff of it's neck.

ย 

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We had 16 shots with 7 on target today. Which is more than you lot usually create to be fair to us, that wasn't the issue today. Our problem is scoring from them. Jimenez gets a large percentage of the goals because he's the best finisher we have. We'll likely struggle without him, but the switch to 4-2-3-1 has helped us create more at least.ย 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

ย 

We had 16 shots with 7 on target today. Which is more than you lot usually create to be fair to us, that wasn't the issue today. Our problem is scoring from them. Jimenez gets a large percentage of the goals because he's the best finisher we have. We'll likely struggle without him, but the switch to 4-2-3-1 has helped us create more at least.ย 

Having shots isn't the same as having chances.

ย 

Other than the Fabio Silva one where he hit the post and the Neto rabona cross, it was piss easy for Villa to defend.

• Like 3

I think people are little bit over the top with the criticism of Wolves style, mainly to get a reaction out of The Bear. They aren't much different too us, especially this season but we're a bit better than them, play a similar style and don't create enough chances and rely on predominantly one goalscorer. They ain't a good watch but we're not exactly Bayern Munich are we.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

ย 

No need to go on the defensive like your manager, we're hardly the finished article either but you're deluded if you think that performance deserved 3 pts. Unless the other team is pouring men forward Wolves are ineffective and have been that way for a good while now.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Having shots isn't the same as having chances.

ย 

Other than the Fabio Silva one where he hit the post and the Neto rabona cross, it was piss easy for Villa to defend.

Yeah, I always feel the shots stat is skewed when they shot it during the game because it's literally a shot from anywhere.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I think people are little bit over the top with the criticism of Wolves style, mainly to get a reaction out of The Bear. They aren't much different too us, especially this season but we're a bit better than them, play a similar style and don't create enough chances and rely on predominantly one goalscorer. They ain't a good watch but we're not exactly Bayern Munich are we.

No chance. I like The Bear, he's a good poster.ย 

I've always felt Wolves to be boring... I said about a year ago I don't think they'll ever make top 4 in the PL.

• Like 1

I presume most of us aren't trolls anyway but does anyone here follow other football clubs on Twitter? Can't help but notice the influx of cretins such as the likes of ScrumptiousSalah96 or THFCjoe writing shite like "Banter club" or "Didn't ask" to anything and everything the club tweets. Football twitter seems to be a profession for these losers, so embarrassing. I don't even have an interest in half the stuff Leicester tweet let alone 19 other clubs clogging up my feedย 

• Like 1

I did not see the same Wolves vs. Villa as the rest of you. Thought Wolves were pretty decent and unlucky, but Martinez in the Villa goal had a strong game and do look like a very good signing. Also thought Dean hadย a good game actually, though that Mings freekick just before the pen was a bit soft.

ย 

Enjoyed the intensity of that game.

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

If Bilic goes - which looks likely by Christmas - what does West Brom ACTUALLY do? Who do they get? They look woefully out of their depth. More so than Fulham - who have at least had some fight and determination with a manager still learning the job.

Pulis second coming?