Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Amyone  else thinking that this mad December PL schedule may suit us? 

We are totally conditioned to two games a week. All the other non European   teams are in a rut of once a week. 

I just think generally the EL has suited us, consistently quickly rolling away a defeat or maintaining winning momentum 

• Like 2

On 08/12/2020 at 17:48, foxinsocks said:

I would be for var with some changes.

1. Offside guaged by heels

2. Offside must be >15cm

3. Handball must be consistent all over the pitch . .. if it would not cause a pen then it can not prevent a goal.

I would like var to look at holding of the Cf with back to goal... and  defenders holding in the box on corners... as these destroy entertainment.

That just moves the problem rather than eradicates it. I've seen enough. It's a disaster for football.

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

On a different note. Kante finally being played in his proper position again and showing everyone his god like ability. Top of the interceptions chart already. I love Wilf but my god Kante truly is the GOAT at what he does. Probably the best player to ever play for us. Love the wee guy. X 

Jamie Vardy & then everyone else.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Amyone  else thinking that this mad December PL schedule may suit us? 

We are totally conditioned to two games a week. All the other non European   teams are in a rut of once a week. 

I just think generally the EL has suited us, consistently quickly rolling away a defeat or maintaining winning momentum 

January is worst. There is at least a gap between the 20th and 26th for rest. With the FA Cup, there’s midweek league games then. 

Good observation though I think you have a point 

https://talksport.com/football/801719/

Below, you can see where every Premier League club ranks in terms of their average bench value as well as their positions in the real top flight table.

The Premier League table according to average substitute bench value

Most common Premier League line-ups and benches selected from opening eight Premier League fixtures between 12.09.20-06.11.20
Original transfer fees sourced according to transfermarkt.co.uk
Premier League table positions accurate as of 07.12.20

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

On a different note. Kante finally being played in his proper position again and showing everyone his god like ability. Top of the interceptions chart already. I love Wilf but my god Kante truly is the GOAT at what he does. Probably the best player to ever play for us. Love the wee guy. X 

Money grabbing twat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm so glad we have VAR to tell us about those mm offsides, or that a keeper was even less than that off his line during a penalty, you know the things no fan watching really gave a **** about, just so it can continue to get huge decision wrong every weekend.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm so glad we have VAR to tell us about those mm offsides, or that a keeper was even less than that off his line during a penalty, you know the things no fan watching really gave a **** about, just so it can continue to get huge decision wrong every weekend.

I dare say Leeds fans cared that Fabianski was factually off his line....

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yep. Don't think I've ever had such little desire to watch games.

• Like 1