Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, Sjf123 said:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

There's a handy table there too. I'm not saying the rules are great, but if they're going to penalise the goalkeeper for being 5mm off his line then they should also apply the rules for the attacking players too.

That's only if the penalty is scored and the encroacher was a team-mate. I was on about if its saved and a defender encroaches without touching it, its not retaken. 

Edit - I see you did say attacker, sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by The Bear

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

If penalties were re-taken every week for encorachment then Facecloth would blow his lid

I would if it was for a penalty that clearly wasn't a penalty, but still given after watching 197 replays over a period of 5 minutes, saying it was a clear and obvious error, yet it was so unclear it took them that long to work it out.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's only if the penalty is scored and the encroacher was a team-mate. I was on about if its saved and a defender encroaches without touching it, its not retaken. 

Edit - I see you did say attacker, sorry for the confusion. 

Encroachment into the box or off the line is only penalised if the encroacher gains an advantage- ie, the goalkeeper saves it or the defender/attacker is involved in a rebound off post or keeper.  I believe that fabianski couldn’t have been penalised if the pen had been put wide ...... hence the players entering the box are equivalent to the keeper 

and Leeds are as bad defending set pieces as we are ! 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep. Don't think I've ever had such little desire to watch games.

"I don't want to spend my time watching live football, but I do want to spend my time talking about not watching live football on a niche Internet football forum." 

Go figure! 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Haha 2

I can't work out whether to actually  admire Leeds, despite  disliking  them and the media love in all season. 

Man for man, they haven't a single PL level player. They absolutely  stink of championship but at least make a fist of games. 

It's gonna catch up with them though, surely. Tactics and systems  can't  disguise a lack of ability long term 

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

"I don't want to spend my time watching live football, but I do want to spend my time talking about not watching live football on a niche Internet football forum." 

Go figure! 

Yep, after all that took me a monumental 10 seconds to type. How will I ever get it back lol 

West Ham looked impressive in how they closed the game down. They should have killed it at the end but bar the one big Rodrigo chance Leeds basically didn't offer much in the last 10 mins. 

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep, after all that took me a monumental 10 seconds to type. How will I ever get it back lol 

So that was your only post on here today was it? 

I'm not getting at you btw just seems strange to me to not want to watch football but to want to post and read a niche Internet football forum but each to their own! 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

So that was your only post on here today was it? 

I'm not getting at you btw just seems strange to me to not want to watch football but to want to post and read a niche Internet football forum but each to their own! 

I don't not watch it full stop but pointing out really that I'm finding myself watching less and less. I take absolutely no pleasure from saying that either. VAR and behind closed doors really has just ruined it all a bit for me personally.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think by the end of the game Leeds have shot their wad & have very little left . They huff & they puff but can't finish.    I think they have been found out & could still end up in the relegation zone. 

I think they're quite safe, mainly because three or four clubs won't even sniff 40 points.  Which is about what they will end up on.

Bollocks I knew I should have waited a few weeks before praising Moyes. I got laughed at a few pages back lol 

He’s always been a good manager, worth remembering he’s not the only one to have failed at United! 

West Ham recruitment the last two seasons especially has been spot on. 

Soucek is just a superb talent, love watching him, his goal scoring record for a DM at his last club was outrageous and he’s doing good numbers here too. They then looked at the success of his transfer and went back to the same team for Coufal who also looks excellent.