Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, joke club. Get way more praise than they ought to, like Bournemouth did. Think its because they are seen as this trendy little coastal club that have barely spent any dough. In reality they've spent a lot and their nice football flatters to deceive. I hope we batter them.

Agreed. People were obsessed with putting Bournemouth and Howe down just because they spent some money getting out of the Championship which is what most clubs do anyway.

I noticed in the burnley Everton game that Chris wood pointed to where he wanted the ball... if he had scored, it would have been chalked off as his arm was now offside... crazy that strikers are going to have to learn to not do this sort of thing 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, joke club. Get way more praise than they ought to, like Bournemouth did. Think its because they are seen as this trendy little coastal club that have barely spent any dough. In reality they've spent a lot and their nice football flatters to deceive. I hope we batter them.

Don't mind Brighton myself. Really like their stadium, they're pretty inoffensive as a fanbase and they have some players who I like, especially Lamptey. Would rather have them in the league than hoof and park the bus merchants like Burnley. Plus, as I live in SW London these days, getting to Brighton away is a nice easy trip for me!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't mind Brighton myself. Really like their stadium, they're pretty inoffensive as a fanbase and they have some players who I like, especially Lamptey. Would rather have them in the league than hoof and park the bus merchants like Burnley. Plus, as I live in SW London these days, getting to Brighton away is a nice easy trip for me!

All this is valid but I was merely saying their reputation is out of kilter with reality. They should br doing better and dot get queried on it as it doesn't fit their nice little narrative, same with Bournemouth who got relegated without much fanfare.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

All this is valid but I was merely saying their reputation is out of kilter with reality. They should br doing better and dot get queried on it as it doesn't fit their nice little narrative, same with Bournemouth who got relegated without much fanfare.

i've watched a lot of brighton this year (one of my housemates is a fan) and ngl i think you're being p harsh. they've created more than their opponents most of this season but seem to have been p unfortunate with their opponents finishing. i might be entirely wrong but i'm expecting them to be a fair bit higher up the table than they are now come the end of the season

10 hours ago, blaaklint said:

i've watched a lot of brighton this year (one of my housemates is a fan) and ngl i think you're being p harsh. they've created more than their opponents most of this season but seem to have been p unfortunate with their opponents finishing. i might be entirely wrong but i'm expecting them to be a fair bit higher up the table than they are now come the end of the season

That's backed up by their expected goals standing - they should be higher in the table based on this. Tottenham and Southampton in particular are overperforming, thanks to the incredible finishing of Son, Ings and Ward-Prowse so far and the expectation is that they will revert to the mean. Sheffield United are underperforming hugely, it's their finishing that's letting them down massively, as well as Brighton. 

As well as the issue that you mentioned, the big problem for Brighton is they're not taking their chances upfront and they're conceding more than expected too - their overall play is good but Ramsdale and their strikers are underperforming. 

They won't be easy, we'll need to be on it against them. 

35 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

That's backed up by their expected goals standing - they should be higher in the table based on this. Tottenham and Southampton in particular are overperforming, thanks to the incredible finishing of Son, Ings and Ward-Prowse so far and the expectation is that they will revert to the mean. Sheffield United are underperforming hugely, it's their finishing that's letting them down massively, as well as Brighton. 

As well as the issue that you mentioned, the big problem for Brighton is they're not taking their chances upfront and they're conceding more than expected too - their overall play is good but Ramsdale and their strikers are underperforming. 

Brighton have been like that under Potter the entire time he's been there, something doesn't add up. Very wasteful in front of goal and very soft at times defensively. Lets hope that continues this weekend 🤪

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Brighton have finished 15th, 17th & 15th in the 3 seasons they've been up in the PL. They will probably finish around there again. Other than aesthetically, they haven't improved much since Hughton left. 

They do have a few decent players though 

Just now, surrifox said:

They do have a few decent players though 

Love Trossard but he is the epitome of the sort of erratic finisher that teams outside the elite have. He must have hit the woodwork about 10 times since he's been at Brighton, most games I watch him he rattles one.

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Kind of surprised the Brewster signing seems to be going down the same route as Solanke, I thought Brewster was a different class and would have had a greater impact. Saying that I guess its early days so far.

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Still as I said earlier then you’re only moving where the decision is made mate, you’d be better off just leaving it as it is.

Would take even longer to work out if there was 15cm difference between the players. 

They will do the same job as now... my suggestion (that i know will not get adopted) means that anyone given offside by var is "well off side'... and so gives an advantage to attackers.... defenders would have to be wary of pushing up.

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I suppose Sheffield United will be in good stead to come back up with McBurnie and Brewster as striker options, they’d be lethal in the Championship. 

I don't think there is another player in world football that I have a greater hatred towards than Oli McBurnie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Talk on London going into tier 3 next week, has got to be good news for us, meaning we will not be playing any away games in front of any home fans, at least till next year, who knows even by then, Leicester might be out of tier 3 (wishful thinking)

If London went into to tier 3, tier 3 rules will probably change...

However I do get the feeling they may allow 2000 in tier 2 areas soon as well.