Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Should be 3 nil now!

Parker and Lampard are both hard to like as football managers, but both clearly have something about them. Its just missing Jamie Redknapp managing a PL side and we could call them all the Spice Boiz.

Funny as I quite like them both as managers, both want to play attacking football, both are English !!

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well I absolutely disagree with you so the fact that the onfield decision wasn’t changed is var working correctly. That’s my point - I’m not saying anyone is right/wrong - just that the on field call should be left to stand ...... if he gives the pen then I accept it would probably stand as a pen .

Did you by any chance just see the angles that sky have? If so I'm not sure how you can say it shouldn't be a penalty. Especially the slow mo one, that was pretty conclusive.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well I absolutely disagree with you so the fact that the onfield decision wasn’t changed is var working correctly. That’s my point - I’m not saying anyone is right/wrong - just that the on field call should be left to stand ...... if he gives the pen then I accept it would probably stand as a pen .

On the evidence of the replays it is a definite penalty. No debate IMO. Incredible bias towards Liverpool again from Carragher.

Fair play to Souness, he knows it's a penalty and calls it how it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh look Mane's took a dive again.

Hang on Carra's corrected me "Mane just falls over".

Same thing, he's looking for it though.

I've said it before, it becomes a dive when you start claiming a foul. Players can just fall over, and that's fine. When they do and then start throwing their arms in the air and shouting at the ref, then it becomes a dive.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It is enjoyable how Carragher tries to hide his bias and play down his obvious relief at the penalty not being awarded.

TV companies, please stop this. Put netruals on.

Or at least put pundits in who can give non-bias opinions even if they have a bias towards a team 

Just now, Corky said:

It is enjoyable how Carragher tries to hide his bias and play down his obvious relief at the penalty not being awarded.

Whats not to like about a biased, spitting bell end  ex Liverpool  footballer commenting on a Liverpool game?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Or at least put pundits in who can give non-bias opinions even if they have a bias towards a team 

I don't blame Carragher and Neville- they are immersed in their teams, they've played for them for 20 years each- they are going to be biased or lean towards one team.

It shouldn't happen, there are enough commentators around. I didn't mind Carragher doing our match last week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's a lot of commentators with an interest in the game put on.

Why they think anyone other than a fellow fan  similarly inclined, wouldn't be driven nuts by it, I don't know.

Carragher is the most inclined to let his bias dictate his commentary.

I hate it.

He'll be unbearable if Liverpool score to win this.

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

On the evidence of the replays it is a definite penalty. No debate IMO. Incredible bias towards Liverpool again from Carragher.

Fair play to Souness, he knows it's a penalty and calls it how it is.

The debate seems to be: one angle (which doesn't clealy shows what happened) makes it look Like it isn't a penalty but another angle (which clearly shows what happens) does make it look like a penalty. Therefore, there is uncertainty. Ludicrous.

Edited by FOXSE
Typo
  • Like 2

Just now, fox_up_north said:

It's ridiculous how they do have these biased commentators. Don't they realise just how off-putting it is for people? Do we know who's commentating our game?

I've only watched one match on Amazon and it was Ally McCoist. Not sure who else does theirs. 

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

It's ridiculous how they do have these biased commentators. Don't they realise just how off-putting it is for people? Do we know who's commentating our game?

It’s Amazon prime so Ally McCoist would be my guess 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't blame Carragher and Neville- they are immersed in their teams, they've played for them for 20 years each- they are going to be biased or lean towards one team.

It shouldn't happen, there are enough commentators around. I didn't mind Carragher doing our match last week.

Opposite for me, I think Carra is a poor co-comm, especially with Liverpool. Whereas Neville I think is interesting to listen to.

• Like 1