Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He played the ball and because the ball was gone the player lost his balance when he went to kick it - that's a clean tackle imo. He didn’t have to go through the man to get a touch.  Now if he had given the pen you may have a conversation as to whether it’s a clear and obvious error to give it and hence you may not overturn it - there are enough of you that think it was a pen. For me, that’s var working and leaving the original call to stand. 

Thanks Carra

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He played the ball and because the ball was gone the player lost his balance when he went to kick it - that's a clean tackle imo. He didn’t have to go through the man to get a touch.  Now if he had given the pen you may have a conversation as to whether it’s a clear and obvious error to give it and hence you may not overturn it - there are enough of you that think it was a pen. For me, that’s var working and leaving the original call to stand. 

I don't personally think he did play the ball. He kicked the Fulham players foot into the ball.

10 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Makes our shambolic effort against Liverpool more annoying because we're capable of doing that

When the going gets tough, we get going. Our team has absolutely no balls when it comes to a battle, every one that has beaten us this have done it by being stronger, more physical and willing to battle. We don't really seem capable of a fight, it shows in the way we take and defend set pieces.

Fulham have been absolute quality first half, great tempo and good football, real belief they can hurt Liverpool ,  not sure they can keep it up second half 

Edited by jamfox

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Liverpool not as good as last season, carrying injuries... this is the best chance for spurs unfortunately, just hope they bottle it 

So do I they will never get a better chance than this again I reckon with how inconsistent everyone else is. 

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't personally think he did play the ball. He kicked the Fulham players foot into the ball.

Well I absolutely disagree with you so the fact that the onfield decision wasn’t changed is var working correctly. That’s my point - I’m not saying anyone is right/wrong - just that the on field call should be left to stand ...... if he gives the pen then I accept it would probably stand as a pen .