Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why will they? Only if it becomes unmanageable amongst the clubs in their " bubbles ". Can't help but feel this recent spate is because of Xmas.

Our government and parts of our society have been awful at dealing with the pandemic and we're currently hurtling towards a similar (ot worse) situation as earlier this year when everything shut down. Throw in a mutated version and so it's no surprise that it's starting to effect teams. I can see Roy Hodgson might be right and the season called off or paused again (especially in the lower leagues). 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Brighton vs Arsenal for me. Hoping for a Brighton win.

Southampton vs West Ham may be a good game.

Got Brighton/Arsenal on the big screen, Southampton/WHU streaming.

Which leaves about 5% of my brain for Foxes Talk.  So if you ever wondered about the quality of my posts, that may explain it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Bellerin marking Burn lol. Brighton feel toothless even on the break. 

We dodged a bullet not signing that Iranian chappy. A ‘Lidl’ Ghezzel.

3 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Are there any rules on which kit an away team wears?

Seems Arsenal wearing red would contrast as well as the white kit with Brighton's blue.

Marketing.....

Guest seanfox778
3 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Are there any rules on which kit an away team wears?

Seems Arsenal wearing red would contrast as well as the white kit with Brighton's blue.

I think the white shorts would clash if Arsenal were in their home strip which isn't allowed.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

So a few weeks ago Klopp claimed he was fighting the great cause for all managers/clubs in the league when it came to scheduling and fatigue and welfare of players.

By sheer coincidence (surely...), Liverpool were then gifted with the following schedule at this time of year:

Sunday 27th December

Wednesday 30th December

Monday 4th January

I believe this is the biggest break, or one of, a team gets at this time of year.

So far, I've not seen him spout any word at all about anyone else's schedule i.e. for any side who played Saturday and then Monday.

For example, West Brom, Brighton, Leeds, Burnley and Wolves all played Sunday and have to now play again tonight. 

If he really cared, would he not have said anything about the rest of the fixture scheduling?

It was a bargaining tool all along. I never had any doubts. Everything about Klopp's management is marginal gains and this is no different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

Speaking of kits. I don't know if it's the compression for the Amazon stream but Brighton's goalkeeper's RED kit keeps messing with my eyes. 

Same on Bien 11HD.  Thought it was the wine, but for sure the keeper’s kit has been manufactured in the Nike Factory in Chernobyl.

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Cant be bacuse of the shorts surley, because spurs were away at wolves the other day with both teams wearing black shorts 

Oh my bad, I thought that was a rule. Maybe clubs are contracted to wear away kits for a certain amount of games, like @mozartfoxsaid, for marketing reasons.